5000+ students unlocked their dream job with Sunstone. Apply Now.
The last two years have been defined by a complete shift to the digitization of activities. The Covid-19 crisis has propelled technological advancements in the job as well as education sectors. The need for modern workplaces has increased which has led to employers seeking graduates with the know-how of executing tasks online.
While an MBA is one of the most desired management courses across the country, there has been a rising demand for online courses that do not take place within the precincts of a classroom. As a result of this, the demand for online MBA courses in India has sky-rocketed.
In this article, we are going to tell you the A-Z of online MBA courses. From the benefits, curriculum, salaries to career opportunities, learn all about online MBA courses in India.
Benefits of Doing Online MBA Courses
According to the Get Educated Online MBA survey, an online MBA course is the most popular online graduate degree. And you must be wondering about the benefits of online MBA courses in India. So, here are some:
- Flexibility: The online mode offers a great deal of flexibility to distant learners, this is also why it is one of the top choices for working professionals. It allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Credibility: Since online MBA courses in India are accredited by top institutions, they attract the best faculty of global stature.
- Overall grooming: Online MBA courses take into account your holistic personality development besides inculcating industry-specific skills and the nitty-gritty of the corporate world.
- Cost-effective: Cutting down on travel costs and canteen food has been made easier with an online MBA course which you can pursue from any part of the country.
- Lucrative job opportunities: Online MBA courses in India are sure to equip you with skills and knowledge to attract desirable job opportunities with remarkable packages.
Best Online MBA Courses in India
- IGNOU Distance MBA Program: The first name that comes to mind when talking about distance learning is IGNOU. It is the largest university in the world in terms of students enrolment. The program highlights of the online MBA course at IGNOU includes:
|Duration||2 to 5 years|
|Course fee||INR 37,800*|
|Age Restriction||No bar|
|Recognition||Central University by University Grants Commission (UGC)|
2. Postgraduate Program by Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL): This 2-year long online MBA program is offered with a choice of 6 specialisations:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Management Accounting
- Human Resources.
The program highlights of this online MBA course includes:
|Course fee||INR 50,000*|
|Age Restriction||No bar|
|Recognition||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Certification||ISO 9001:2015 certification|
3. MBA in Digital Finance & Banking, Jindal Global University: This two-year-long online MBA course in Digital Finance & Banking is ideal for aspirants who wish to join the BFSI sector. The curriculum includes industry-oriented subjects such as:
- Fintech Ecosystems Management
- Financial Management & Valuation
- Artificial Intelligence in Business
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Data Visualization in Finance
- Digital Fraud & Risk Analytics
- Design Thinking & Leadership for Business
4. Master of Business Administration (General), Chandigarh University: This 2-year course includes a 6-month long internship along with 3 personalised tracks for:
- job aspirants
- self-employment seekers
- those looking for preparation for competitive exams
The 4 electives in the curriculum include:
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Management, and Marketing Management
5. Online MBA Program by JAIN (Deemed-to-be) University
Jain (Deemed-to-be University) offers a 2-year long online MBA program with Sunstone's edge. Jain was ranked among the top 100 institutions in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) and by QS World University Rankings. Ranked as the 6th best private university in India, Jain offers online MBA courses that include:
- Live and interactive online lectures
- Project-based learning with capstone projects
- Mentorship sessions from industry experts
- Support from career coaches
- Zero Upfront Fee
- 25% Salary Hike
- Celebrity Masterclasses
The program highlights include:
|Course fee||INR 2,00,000*|
|Age Restriction||No bar|
|Certification||ISO 9001: 2015 certification by TUV India.|
What do I learn with an Online MBA Course?
Here’s a glimpse of what online MBA courses may teach you:
- Financial analysis: Employing quantitative models for financial decision-making, utilising Excel to determine outcomes, conducting risk analysis reports, calculating the time value of money, cash flows, etc.
- Strategic marketing: Building profiles and conducting a needs assessment of target customers, developing go-to-market strategies for products and services, promoting data-driven pricing and promotional plans.
- Corporate communications: Presenting information in a way that is easy to understand by various business stakeholders.
- Organizational management: Building productive relationships with colleagues and coworkers, leading cross-functional teams and supervising subordinates, promoting the organization’s culture.
- Ethics and compliance: Managing regulatory compliance of projects, recognising ethical issues and proposing solutions, decreasing risks by ensuring transparence.
Career Opportunities After an Online MBA
Online MBA courses open up varied avenues in different fields of work. After an online MBA, you can be expected to be hired as:
- Marketing Manager: As a marketing manager, you will be required to inspect the advertising, marketing, and sales aims of an organization. You may also have to work with content creators and market research analysts to supervise the organisation's products and services.
- Communications Directors: In this job role, you will be in charge of directing the overall image of an organization by performing different messaging strategies. You will be responsible for coordinating public relations, advertising, and social media activities.
- Director of Business Operations: You will be required to implement plans to ensure effectiveness in business operations. As the Director of Business Operations, you will also be expected to collaborate with prime executives.
- Chief Compliance Officers: In this role, you will have to carry out reviews and audits to ensure your organisation's policy adherence. You will also be responsible for investigating possible misconduct and resolving compliance risks with suitable measures.
Salaries for Online MBA Graduates
|Job Roles||Annual Salary (Average)|
|Marketing Manager||INR 6.83 LPA|
|Business Development Manager||INR 5.98 LPA|
|Financial Analyst||INR 4.14 LPA|
|Finance Manager||INR 9.96 LPA|
|Pharmaceutical Manager||INR 4.44 LPA|
How to Choose a Good Online MBA Course?
While an online MBA course in India offers numerous perks, you should consider various factors before you apply for one. These factors are listed below.
While most traditional MBA courses have a duration of 2 years, most online MBA courses have a duration of 12-20 months. Since the mode of learning is distant, you can also chalk out other commitments you may have but also be wary of clashing deadlines and schedules.
You should ensure that the online MBA course you choose is from an institute that is internationally, nationally, or regionally recognised. Try to figure out the name and status of its granting institution. Some online MBA programs may offer dual accreditation from an academic institution and an industry-related body. The institute's ranking signifies its curriculum, faculty and of course, student outcomes.
As mentioned in the benefits above, an online MBA course significantly cuts down your travel, food, and accommodation-related expenses. Several B-schools charge a lower fee for online courses than their on-campus tuition prices. So, you can look into your options in terms of cost and choose accordingly.
FAQs About Online MBA Courses
Are specialisations offered in an online MBA?
Is an online MBA recognised in India?