5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
CAT 2020 Admit Card – The Common Admission Test 2020 conducting IIM will be releasing the admit card to appear for this management entrance test in the last week of October 2020. The candidates who will register for this exam before the due date will only be issued the CAT admit card. It will be available in online mode only, on the official website of IIM CAT for the candidates to download. Also, a link to download CAT 2020 hall ticket will be be provided here too as and when it will release. CAT 2020 login credentials such as user id and password will be needed for downloading the admit card. It is an important document which will provide details such as exam date & time, exam centre name & address, reporting time, name of candidate, photograph, signature etc. No candidate will be allowed to take the exam, if they will fail to produce CAT admit card 2020 on exam day. As per the speculations, IIM a is expected to conduct this national level management entrance test. CAT 2020 notification will be released in last week of July, which will be followed by commencement of CAT registration in first week of August 2020. More than 2 lakh MBA aspirants are expected to apply for CAT this year.
To apply for CAT 2020: Click Here
CAT 2020 Admit Card
The hall ticket of CAT 2020 will act as an identity proof for the candidates on the date of exam and throughout the admission process too. The official link to download the admit card gets disabled after the conduct of exam, therefore the candidates are always advised to save a copy of it with them. The invigilator on the exam day verifies the details mentioned on the CAT admit card and cross-checks it with the government Id proof and only then allows the candidate to sit for the test. At the test centre, biometric is done of the exam takers and are further assigned a computer for taking the exam.
CAT Admit Card 2020 Important Dates
The table below lists the important events and their corresponding dates related to admit card. These dates are tentative and will be updated with the release of CAT notification.
|1||Admit card of CAT to be released in||Last week of October 2020|
|2||CAT hall ticket can be download till||Date of the examination|
|3||CAT 2020 to be conducted on||29 November 2020 (Tentative)|
|4||Result to be announced in||Second week of January 2021|
Check Out Top Reasons to do an MBA in 2020
How to download CAT 2020 Admit Card?
For downloading the CAT admit card, the candidates are advised to use browsers such as Internet Explorer (Version 7 to 9), Mozilla (Version 14 to 28) or Google Chrome (Version 20 to 33). The steps listed below can be followed by the candidates for viewing and downloading admit card –
- Click on the link which will be given on this page above or visit the IIM CAT official website.
- If the candidates access the official website for downloading the CAT hall ticket, they must click on the “Existing User”.
- Fill in the CAT 2020 User ID & Password for logging in. On entering the details correctly, the candidate’s profile page will open.
- Now, look for the respective link to download the admit card and click on the same.
- The admit card will be downloaded to the computer on clicking the respective download link.
- Open the downloaded admit card file in a .pdf reader and generate its printout.
- Print the CAT 2020 Admit Card on an A4 size paper using a laser printer. Carry this printout along with the ID proof to the test center for seeking entry.
ID’s to carry with CAT 2020 Admit Card
The candidates will have to carry one valid and original photo Id along with the admit card on the date of exam. The invigilator will refer to this Id for verifying the candidate and the details mentioned on Id and admit card. On successful verification, the candidate will be permitted to sit for CAT 2020.
- No photocopy or scanned copy of the Id proof will be valid, only the original will do.
- Also, the candidates must note that name mentioned on the presented Id should match with the name written on the CAT admit card 2020.
- It must also be ensured that all the details on the admit card should be legible printed and readable.
- The photo Id card should not be damaged or smudged.
Any one of the following can be furnished as original photo Id card along with CAT 2020 admit card at the test centre –
- College ID
- Driving License
- Employer ID
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
- Identification Affidavit
Details mentioned on CAT Admit Cards
The candidates must carefully check all the details mentioned on the admit card of CAT. The hall ticket with incorrect details will not be treated as valid. Before or after downloading the CAT admit card 2020, the candidates must go through the details mentioned on it and must contact the CAT helpdesk in case any error is noticed. Following details will be there in the CAT exam 2020 admit card -
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth of candidates
- Date and day of the test
- Time of test
- Reporting time
- Exam centre name and address
- Test City
- Test System Number
- Space for affixing photograph as uploaded in the CAT 2020 application form
- Space for signing in the presence of the Invigilator
- PwD/DA status
- General instructions
Also Know How to become industry-ready and earn a high salary after MBA?
CAT Admit Card 2020 - Discrepancy in the details The candidates must verify all the above listed details as stated in the admit card and in case any error is noticed, the same must be brought to the notice of exam officials immediately for correction. Also, if you face any issues in downloading or printing the CAT 2020 Admit Card then you may contact the CAT Help Desk. The candidates can reach the help desk at the contact details given below –
- Contact Number: 1-800-209-0830 (Toll Free)
- Email: email@example.com
CAT Admit Card 2020 – Important Points
- It will not be sent via email or post to the candidates.
- The admit card will be considered as valid only if the images of the candidate’s photograph & signature will be legibly printed.
- It will be valid only for the test date and session as specified on it.
- No duplicate CAT 2020 admit card will be issued in any case. The candidates must keep the admit card safe with them.
- The candidate must not mutilate the admit card or change any entry, made therein, after it has been authenticated by the authorities.
- It is advised to retain the admit card of CAT 2020 after the conduct of exam as it will be needed at various stages of IIM admission process.
Common Admission Test 2020 will be organized in over 150 cities of the country. It is a computer based test (CBT), held on a single day and in two sessions. The CAT question paper comprises of MCQs and descriptive questions. In total, 100 questions are asked in the test and the exam takers are given 3 hours to attempt it. The score of MBA CAT exam remains valid for a year and is accepted by over 300 B-schools (non-IIMs).