5000+ students unlocked their dream job with Sunstone. Apply Now.
Today, we live in an era where technology is evolving almost every day. The advent of new technologies is influencing people across all walks of life. And to contribute to the growing market and demand for technology, young students started taking up computer courses in India.
The trend of choosing a technical stream is not only intact now, but has grown exponentially. More and more students are opting for engineering courses in the field of computer science and application. And not to mention, BCA has been the most popular program among Indian students.
A bachelor’s in computer application degree can help you to achieve a good career in any sector — private or public. As you can learn the newest technology trends via BCA programs, it opens up new avenues of opportunities both in the domestic and global job market.
While a degree in technology and computer application can help you start a career, it is always advisable to learn something extra to stay ahead of the competition. So, here is a list of the top 18 current technology trends of 2023 that can help you start your career.
Top 18 Latest Technology Trends of 2023
The following are some of the new technology trends for 2023:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Edge Computing
- Robotic Process Automation
- Quantum Computing
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Full Stack Development
- Computing Power
- Digital Trust
- Predictive analytics
- Internet of Behaviours
- 3D Printing
Read the following sections to understand the recent trends in technology for 2023:
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Today's most popular AI applications include image and speech recognition, navigation programs, voice assistants such as Siri and Alexa etc.
- As part of AI, ML uses supervised learning. The trend has seen an increase in demand for skilled professionals.
There are many job titles related to artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), some examples include:
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- AI Engineer
- Deep Learning Engineer
- AI/ML Solutions Architect
Keep in mind that these job titles may vary depending on the company or organisation. Additionally, as the field of AI and ML continues to evolve, new job titles may be created.
Edge computing is a method of processing data at or near the source of data generation, rather than sending all the data to a centralised location for processing. This allows for faster processing times, reduced network congestion, and the ability to perform tasks such as data filtering and analysis without needing a constant internet connection. Edge computing is used in a variety of applications, including Internet of Things (IoT) devices, robotics, and autonomous vehicles.
- Through Edge Computing, organisations can bypass the latency caused by Cloud Computing and get data into a data centre faster.
- As it is closer to where the final data processing will occur, it can exist on the edge.
- Companies can use edge computing to process time-sensitive data in remote areas without connectivity.
Here are some job titles that may be related to edge computing:
- Edge Computing Engineer
- Edge Solutions Architect
- Edge Network Engineer
- Edge Data Scientist
- Edge IoT Developer
Robotic Process Automation
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a technology that allows for the automation of repetitive, rule-based tasks through the use of software robots. It enables organisations to automate manual processes and improve operational efficiency.
- With robotic process automation (RPA), companies use multiple applications and software to automate business activities such as data collection, analysis, customer service, and other repetitive tasks.
- As a result of RPA, several new career options arise, including programmers, project managers, business analysts, and consultants.
Here are some job titles that may be related to Robotic Process Automation (RPA):
- RPA Developer
- RPA Engineer
- RPA Solutions Architect
- RPA Quality Assurance
- RPA Infrastructure Engineer
Quantum computing is a method of computation that uses the properties of quantum mechanics, such as superposition and entanglement, to perform operations on data. It is designed to solve problems that are currently intractable for classical computers, such as simulating complex chemical reactions and breaking encryption codes.
- The quantum computing field focuses on developing computer technology based on quantum theory.
- It performs calculations based on a probability rather than a simple 0 or 1.
- This requires knowledge of quantum mechanics, linear algebra, machine learning, and information theory.
Here are some job opportunities after completing quantum computing -
- Quantum Computing Researcher
- Quantum Software Engineer
- Quantum Algorithm Developer
- Quantum Network Engineer
- Quantum Machine Learning Engineer
Blockchain is a decentralised, digital ledger that records transactions across a network of computers. It uses cryptography to secure and verify transactions, allowing multiple parties to access and update the ledger without needing a central authority.
- Cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin made blockchain famous and its security.
- With more industries implementing blockchains, the demand for skilled blockchain developers is also rising.
- In addition to programming languages, the course requires knowledge of flat and relational databases, networking, data structures, and web application development.
Top job titles for blockchain experts -
- Blockchain Developer
- Blockchain Engineer
- Blockchain Project Manager
- Blockchain Security Engineer
- Blockchain Business Analyst
Knowledge of blockchain can be beneficial for professionals in various fields such as IT, Business, Finance, and Law.
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies that allow users to interact with computer-generated environments and objects in a way that simulates or enhances real-world experiences.
- Virtual Reality immerses users in a new environment, while Augmented Reality enhances their current environment.
- The US Navy, Army, and Coast Guard train ship captains with simulation software such as Virtual Ship, which has significant applications in gaming and social media filters.
- You can get a job in this field with basic programming skills and a forward-thinking mindset.
Here is a list of the top 6 job titles in the field of VR/AR.
- VR/AR Developer
- VR/AR Engineer
- VR/AR Designer
- VR/AR Product Manager
- VR/AR Quality Assurance Engineer
Internet of Things (IoT)
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical devices, vehicles, buildings, and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and connectivity which enables these objects to connect and exchange data. It is a part of Edge Computing technology.
- A network of various connected devices is the Internet of Things.
- Data can be collected and transferred between machines without human intervention within the network.
- Businesses also use IoT for multiple things, such as monitoring activity in remote areas and predicting device malfunctions ahead of time to take corrective measures.
If you become an expert in IoT, you can become -
- IoT Solution Tester.
- Software / Mobile Developers.
- Industrial UI/UX Engineer.
- Data Scientists / Machine Learning Engineers/ Big Data Engineers.
- Hardware / Firmware / Network Engineers.
5G is the newest generation of the internet - the 5th generation. When we mention 5G, most people think of high-speed internet connectivity, but it is nano-wave technology that has enormous potential to do something new in the field of communication.
- With 5G, we can experience better cloud-based gaming experiences and AR and VR technology integrated into our virtual interactions.
- Furthermore, factories and enterprises will use it to monitor and streamline operations.
- In addition to road safety and rule implementation, 5G has applications in the intelligent grid control and innovative retail experiences, including live high-definition cameras.
Here are the top job profiles that hire 5G tech experts.
- Radio Optimization Engineer 5G Cluster
- 5G Radio Optimization Engineer
- Radio Optimization Engineer 5G SCFT
- Radio Planner 5G
- Network Deployment Program Manager
Full Stack Development
A Full-Stack Developer is a software engineer who has the knowledge and skills to work with both the front-end and back-end aspects of web application development.
- Full stack development refers to an application's front-end and back-end development.
- Increasingly, organisations are developing user-friendly and comprehensive apps for their target audiences.
- To accomplish this, a full-stack developer must be proficient in server-side programming and web development.
Top Job titles for full-stack developers:
- Software Engineer
- Frontend Developer
- Web Developer
- Frontend Engineer
- Application Developer
Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting computer systems, networks and data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification or destruction. It also includes practices to prevent cyber attacks and protect against unauthorised access to sensitive information, including threat intelligence, incident response, and risk management.
- Cybercriminals constantly try to steal information since data is today's most valuable asset.
- Cybersecurity needs to evolve continuously to stay ahead of hackers.
- Today, cybersecurity professionals are in high demand, three times faster than any other tech job.
- Due to its importance in ensuring a secure user experience, it is one of the best-paying jobs in technology.
Top job title in the field of cybersecurity -
- Network Security Engineer
- Security Architect
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Cyber Security Manager
- Information Security Manager
Datafication is the process of converting various forms of information and data into a digital format that can be easily stored, analysed, and shared.
- Every device we use to interact with us and improve our lives uses data, whether a smartphone, office software, industrial machine, or an AI device.
- Keeping this data secure has led to increased data security specialisations in our country.
- Learning data-related courses in a BCA degree can help you develop data skills.
It is mainly a skill that revolves around data analysis, which is required in many fields of work like marketing, finance, HR, accounting, and others.
- In addition to improving our lives, computing power also creates more jobs in the tech industry.
- Employment in data science, data analytics, IT management, robotics, etc., has the potential to be the highest in the country.
- Because of the wide availability of specialised computer courses in India, many international companies hire Indian workers.
- Technology and mobile devices are tangled and accommodating the world, resulting in high trust in these devices.
- The same belief is also driving innovations. Companies use technology to create a reliable, secure, and safe digital world.
- As a result, with digital trust, companies can invent and innovate new things without worrying about data security.
Predictive analytics is the use of statistical techniques, machine learning algorithms and data mining to analyse current and historical data to make predictions about future events and behaviours.
- Businesses use predictive analytics to predict future customer behaviour and trends.
- Risk management, marketing, and operations are some of the most common predictive analytics applications.
- In addition to data science, it is one of the most promising data domains.
- Learning predictive analytics can get you jobs in the field of marketing, finance, IT and many other fields such as data analysts, business analysts, etc.
Internet of Behaviours
The Internet of Behaviours (IoB) refers to the collection and analysis of data on human behaviour through the use of IoT devices and sensors, aiming to understand and predict behaviour in order to influence it.
- IoB technology uses data collected from internet-connected devices.
- After data collection, it is analysed and tracked to learn more about human behaviour.
- Big Data, analytics, development and predictive analytics will benefit significantly from this new technology since more and more devices are connecting to the internet and more users are adopting digital technology.
- Jobs: It is a subfield of IoT and involves the use of data and analytics to understand and influence human behaviour, typically in the areas of marketing, healthcare, and public policy. So, IoT experts and IoB experts are employed in the same roles without many differentiations.
DevOps is a methodology or process in the software development and IT industry. It is used as a set of practices and tools, integrating and automating the work of software development and IT operations. It is meant to improve and shorten the systems development life cycle.
- DevOps combines an organisation's development and operations departments to enhance and automate the software development process. It has two main applications:
- Shortening the delivery cycle of software
- Improving product standards in general
3D printing is a new technology that prints 3D figures. 3D printing has become a key technology for creating industrial and biomedical prototypes, and you can create a real object with a 3D printer.
- Many brands and companies use 3D printing for their products, which has boosted the demand for people with AI and ML, 3D printing, and modelling.
- Jobs: Many firms and companies hire 3D designers.
- Genomics uses technology to study your DNA and genes and map them, among other things.
- Additionally, they make it easier for doctors to locate any potential health issues hiding in the shadows.
- A lot of technical and non-technical jobs are emerging in this field.
Some jobs that are offered in the field are:
- Computational Genomics and Data Scientists
- Technology Development
- Genomics Researcher
- Clinical and Laboratory Geneticist
- Genetic Counsellor
Now you know which emerging technologies will have the most significant impact in the future. If you are pursuing a B.Tech or BCA degree, we suggest you learn any of the technologies mentioned in this blog to have an edge over your competitors. The best way to learn such new technologies is through Sunstone’s advanced certifications.
50+ colleges in India offer Sunstone’s benefits. You can choose any of these colleges to take advantage of Sunstone’s offerings, like —
- 100+ hours of industry-aligned training modules.
- Soft skills and personal development programs.
- 50 guaranteed interviews with the best recruiters in India and 100% placement assistance.
FAQ- Technology Trends
Which technology will be in demand in 2023?
AI and ML will be the most in-demand technology in 2023.
What is the next big technology?
Following are the next big technologies.
- AI and ML
- RPA and
- Edge computing.
Which technology will be in trend in the next 5 years?
5G will be the in-demand of all the technology trends in the next five years.