5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
XAT 2020 - XLRI Jamshedpur conducted Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2020) on Sunday, January 5, 2020 across the major cities of India. Around a lakh of management aspirants appeared for this national level entrance exam and are now waiting for the XAT result 2020 announcement. On January 9, 2020, the answer keys along with the response sheet were released by XLRI. The candidates can download these both from their student login by visiting the official website of XAT 2020. Using the answer key and response sheet, the candidates can match their responses and calculate an estimated XAT 2020 score before the official announcement of the result. XLRI is expected to declare the result of XAT 2020 exam by January 31, 2020.
Apart from XLRI, XAMI member institutes, over 100 business schools will accept the score of this entrance test for granting admission to various post graduate management programs.
XAT 2020 Result
The result of XAT 2020 is expected to be announced anytime between 25th to 31st January 2020. To check their result and download the score card, the candidates can check the steps given below.
How to check XAT 2020 Result?
The result of Xavier Aptitude Test 2020 will be available in online mode only. The result will be announced in the form of score card which will showcase the performance of the candidates. Follow the step-by-step guidelines given below to check XAT 2020 result.
- Visit the official website of XAT or for quick access of result, click on the link given above on this page.
- Enter the XAT Id and Password in the result login window to check the result.
- On submission of valid details, the candidates will be able to download their XAT 2020 scorecard.
Information given on the XAT 2020 scorecard
The following details of the candidate will be present on the XAT scorecard:
- Name of the candidate
- XAT ID
- Test date
- Result validity
- Quantitative ability - percentage and percentile
- Verbal and Logical ability- percentage and percentile
- Decision making- percentage and percentile
- Total percentage and percentile obtained
- General knowledge - percentage and percentile
XAT Results Calculation
XLRI calculates the total for all the sections except GK i.e Verbal & logical ability, decision making, Quantitative ability. The percentage and percentile obtained by the candidate in these 3 sections is calculated as a total and the result of the candidate is relative to the total number of applicants. The candidate will be able to see his/her score concerning the scores obtained by other candidates who appeared for the XAT 2020. The GK section score is calculated separately and is not included in the total obtained score.
XAT 2020 Important Dates
Below is the list of all the XAT 2020 important dates and events.
XAT 2020 Dates
|Notification Date||August 23, 2019|
|Registration starts for XAT 2020||August 23, 2019|
|Last date for registration (without late fee)||November 30, 2019|
|Last date for registration (with late fee)||December 7, 2019|
|Admit Card download start date||December 20, 2019|
|Last date to download the admit card||January 5, 2019|
|XAT 2020 exam date||January 5, 2019, 9:30 am onward|
|XAT 2020 exam result date||January 25th - 31st 2020|
XAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The XAT exam is computer-based and has test centers in 71 cities across India. The XAT 2019 exam has been subjected to some changes in terms of exam pattern and overall percentage calculation. It is expected that these changes will continue for the subsequent XAT 2020 exam also. The payment made by the applicants of the XAT 2020 will also have to be conducted in online mode using credit/debit card/ online banking and net banking.
|Maximum age to give the exam||No age bar|
|Genders under XAT 2020||Male/Female/Transgender|
|Other Eligibility Requirements||Valid ID throughout the process Working official contact number throughout the application process|
*Students in the final year of their graduation (bachelor’s) or awaiting their results are also eligible to apply, however, it will be on a provisional basis and the applicant has to produce their graduation certificate and mark sheet by the end of the year.
XAT 2020 - How to register & apply?
- Click on the direct link given here or visit the official website of XAT
- Now on the home page click on "registration" button
- On a new page, candidates choose if they want to apply for XAT or GMAT (can choose only one)
- Add the basic details like name, Date of Birth, email ID, country, contact number.
- After filling all your details, there will be a declaration at the bottom of the page, tick on the checkbox for "I Agree" and then click on "Submit" button.
- Candidates will receive a message containing information about their XAT login ID and password. Candidates are advised to save this for checking their XAT result.
- Fill the application form - Candidates have to fill the application form by clicking on "Go to application form" button.
- Candidates have to fill five tabs of details to fill the application form.
- Starting with personal details like name and contact. The same tab will also contain information about the address of the candidate.
- Add the scanned image and documents (as per specifications).
- The candidate needs to add their academic details grade 10 onward.
- In the next tab, add work experience details after graduation.
- The candidate then is required to fill in the test city preferences.
- In the end click on "Save & Continue" button.
XAT Test cities
XLRI has increased the number of test cities where XAT 2020 will be conducted. Earlier XAT exam was conducted in only 46 cities, the number has increased to 71 cities. Every candidate during the application process chooses a test city preference where they would have the test centres that will conduct the XAT 2020. Following is a list of the test cities where XAT 2020 is conducted:
The registration process for XAT 2020 has already begun from 23rd August 2019 and will continue until the 30th of November 2019 without late fee. The last date to apply with late fee is from the 1st to 7th December 2019. All the eligible candidates can fill the application form online.
Application form details
|Application fee(without late fee)||Rs 1700/-|
|Application fee (with late fee)||Rs 2000/-|
|Payment||Online mode only|
|Digital photograph||acceptable size 20kb-50kb|
|Digital signature||acceptable size 10kb - 20kb|
|Last date to apply (without late fee)||30th November 2019|
|Last date to apply (with late fee)||7th December 2019|
The fee for the XAT 2020 application form is Rs 1700/- for all categories (general, SC, ST, OBC etc) without any added late fee. When applying with late fee the application form fees is Rs 2000/-. The payment for the registration process can be done through online mode only (Net banking, credit card, debit card). While filling the XAT application form 2020 candidates need to enter their academic and personal details. Candidates need to upload their passport size photograph (acceptable size 20kb-50kb) and digital signature (acceptable size 10kb - 20kb) in jpeg/jpg format. So keeping all the records and documents handy will help. XLRI also allows candidates to change their test city preference if the request is made well in time. Candidates can write to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning their registration number/XAT ID, Father’s name, DoB, chosen exam city and uploaded city latest by the requisite date. However, the candidate can only change the test city preference only once. The final decision of changing the test city lies with XLRI and not the candidate.
XAT 2020 Admit Card
XLRI released the admit card on 20th December 2019. The XAT admit card can be downloaded from the official website of XLRI. The candidate will be able to download the admit card only when the XAT application form is complete. If the candidate can view his/her hall ticket, they will instantly be able to download it and take printouts of the same. No XAT 2020 admit card will be individually sent to the candidate, all candidates have to download the admit card on their own from the official website. The important admit card details are as follows:
XAT admit card details
Date & time
|XAT admit card download date||20 December 2019, 9 am onwards|
|Last date to download admit card||5 January 2020, before the exam, commences|
Read more about XAT 2020 Admit card
XAT 2020 Exam pattern & Marking Scheme
The XAT is an online computer-based test. The total number of questions is 100 for a maximum of 100 marks. These 99 questions are divided into 4 sections. Each correct answer is awarded +1 mark and each wrong answer will attract a penalty of -0.25 m