Sunstone App Data Policy
This policy describes the information that we process to support Sunstone App and other products and features offered by Sunstone Education Technology Private Limited.
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Sunstone Products, we must process information about you. The type of information that we collect depends on how you use our Products.
Things that you and others do and provide.
- - Information and content you provide.We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content that you provide (e.g. metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include what you see through features that we provide, such as our camera, so we can do things such as suggest masks and filters that you might like, or give you tips on using camera formats. Learn more about how you can control who can see the things you share.
- Data with special protections: You can choose to provide information in your Sunstone App profile fields or life events about your religious views, political views, who you are "interested in" or your health. This and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership) could be subject to special protections under the laws of your country.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, accounts, hashtags, colleges and Pages that you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups that you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync or import it from device (such as an address book or call log or SMS log history), which we use for things such as helping you and others find people you may know.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you're using and have last used our Products, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Products. We also collect information about how you use features such as our camera.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyse content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Products. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you or upload, sync or import your contact information.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalise the content (including ads) or features that you see when you use our Products on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad that we showed you on your phone on a different device.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviours performed on the device, such as whether a window is in the foreground or background, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts that you use, and Family Device IDs (or other identifiers unique to Sunstone Company Products associated with the same device or account).
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and mobile phone masts.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings that you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
How do we use this information?
We use the information that we have (subject to choices you make) as described below and to provide and support the Sunstone Products and related services described in the Sunstone App Terms. Here's how:
Provide, personalise and improve our Products.
We use the information that we have to deliver our Products, including to personalise features and content (including your ads, Sunstone App Feed and Sunstone App Stories) and make suggestions for you (such as groups or events that you may be interested in or topics that you may want to follow) on and off our products. To create personalised Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data that we collect and learn from you and others (including any data with special interactions you choose to provide); how you use and interact with our Products; and the people, places or things that you're connected to and interested in on and off our Products.
- Information across Sunstone Products and devices:We connect information about your activities on different Sunstone Products and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all Sunstone Products that you use, wherever you use them. We can also make your experience more seamless, for example, by automatically filling in your registration information (such as your phone number) from one Sunstone Product when you sign up for an account on a different Product.
- Location-related information:We use location-related informations – such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you're near – to provide, personalise and improve our Products, including ads, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things such as precise device location (if you've allowed us to collect it), IP addresses and information from your and others' use of Sunstone Products (such as check-ins or events that you attend).
- Product research and development:We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
- Ads and other sponsored content:We use the information we have about you – including information about your interests, actions and connections – to select and personalise ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you.
Providing measurement, analytics and other business services.
We use the information we have (including your activity off our Products, such as the websites you visit and ads you see) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps and services.
Promoting safety, integrity and security.
We use the information that we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote safety and security on and off of Sunstone Products
Communicate with you.
We use the information that we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products and let you know about our Policies and Terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Researching and innovating for social good.
We use the information we have (including from research partners we collaborate with) to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on Sunstone Products
People and accounts that you share and communicate with
Public Information can be seen by anyone, on or off our Products, including if they don't have an account. This includes your Sunstone App username, any information you share with a public audience, information in your profile on Sunstone App, public Sunstone app account or any other public forum. You, other people using Sunstone App and we can provide access to or send public information to anyone on or off our Products, including in other Sunstone Products, in search results or through tools and APIs. Public information can also be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that integrate with our Products.
Information about your active status or presence on our Products.
People in your networks can see signals telling them whether you are active on our Products, including whether you are currently active on Sunstone App or when you last used our Products.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Products or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (e.g. a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of the Products, breaches of our Terms or Policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our Products.
Information that we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made on our Products) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for term breaches for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term breaches.
How will we notify you of changes to this Policy?
We'll notify you before we make changes to this Policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised Policy before you choose to continue using our Products.
How to contact us with questions
You can email us at email@example.com or write us at:
Sunstone Education Technology Private Limited.
9th Floor, Tower B,
Unitech Cyber Park,
Sector 39, Gurugram,
Haryana, India - 122002
Date of last revision: 12 May 2022