5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
B.Tech in computer science is one of the most sought-after engineering degrees after completing 10+2 with a science concentration. Are you wondering why pursue B.Tech? And, that too in computer science? Due to the high demand for this course, several private and government colleges for B.Tech computer science in India offer it to students, and it remains a challenge for many aspirants to consider the most suitable engineering school.
This article is intended to assist students in locating, according to their preferences, the best B.Tech Computer Science colleges in India. Well, here’s the ultimate B.Tech computer science guide. So let's begin!
Understanding B.Tech In Computer Science
B.Tech degree in Computer Science is pursued by those who wish to pursue a career in the field of computer science. During the four-year B.Tech degree in a computer science programme, candidates learn about designing, hardware, software, computer language, and other computer-related topics.
A B.Tech degree in Computer Science engineering involves the study of algorithms, computation, programming languages, programme design, computer hardware, and computer software, among other topics. Mostly, B.Tech courses are open to students who have completed their 10+2 in the science stream with a grade of at least 50 per cent. Now, let’s jump to a well-compiled list of the top private and government colleges for B.Tech computer science in India.
Top BE/BTech Computer Science Colleges in India 2022
There are also numerous B.Tech computer science colleges in India. But not every college is tagged as the best. So, here are the best B.Tech Computer Science colleges in India!
There are few colleges on the list of the best colleges for B.Tech Computer Science in India, making it difficult to choose one. To facilitate your search, here’s a compiled list of the top engineering colleges that offer B.Tech in computer science.
The following list of best colleges for B.Tech computer science in India is provided for your reference:
IIT Bombay - Indian Institute of Technology
- IIT Bombay has been recognised by QS World University Rankings, NIRF, ARIIA, and The Week.
- IIT Bombay offers admission to all programmes via a variety of national-level entrance exams, including JEE Advanced for B.Tech admission, GATE for M.Tech candidates, CEED for M.Des, and JAM for M.Sc.
- The average salary for IIT Bombay Bachelor of Technology graduates is INR 20 LPA.
MIT Manipal - Manipal Institute of Technology
- NIRF 2021 has ranked the institution as the 51st best engineering college in India.
- Admissions to MIT Manipal's UG and PG programmes are currently determined by scores on the Manipal Entrance Test (MET) and subsequent counselling.
- MIT Manipal is also renowned for its placement services, which provide its students with excellent employment opportunities. The highest salary offered during the recent 2021 placement drive was INR 43.31 LPA, while the average salary was INR 8.8 LPA.
VIT Vellore - Vellore Institute of Technology
- According to the most recent NIRF Rankings 2022, VIT Vellore has been ranked 12th in the Engineering category and 18th overall.
- The most popular and sought-after programme at VIT Vellore is its four-year B.Tech degree at the UG level, which is offered in twenty-four different specialisations in addition to minor specialisations.
- The highest remuneration offered is INR 75 LPA.
COEP Pune - College of Engineering
- The Institute is affiliated with Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) and is recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). CoEP provides research programmes at the B.Tech, PG Diploma, M.Tech, and Ph.D. levels.
- Candidates are offered CoEP Placements through its Training and Placement Cell.
- The Placement Cell organises numerous activities, such as Mock Interviews, Group Discussions, Seminars, Assessment Tests, and Skill Development Programs.
SRM University Chennai - SRM Institute of Science and Technology
- For admission to engineering and management courses, respectively, the SRM University typically administers the SRMJEEE and SRMCAT entrance exams. Admission to SRM's UG medical programmes is determined by NEET Exam scores.
- It provides an extensive array of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programmes in Engineering, Science, Medicine, Management, Health Sciences, and the Humanities.
- CS/IT students averaged INR 9.5 LPA in annual salary. The highest compensation received was 1 LPA.
DSCE Bangalore - Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering\
- The institute's B.Tech programme is ranked 126th by the NIRF in 2020. B.Tech is offered at the undergraduate level, MCA, M.Tech, and MBA at the graduate level, and Ph.D. at the doctoral level.
- Acceptance into the B.E. courses are granted based on CET and COMEDK exams administered by the Karnataka government.
- The institute has also signed memorandums of understanding with over thirty companies to assist students with internships, projects, industrial visits, placements, and research.
RVCE Bangalore - RV College of Engineering
- The admissions process at Rashtriya Vidyapeeth College of Engineering (RVCE) varies based on the region from which a prospective candidate hails and who wishes to pursue education at RVCE.
- Presently, RVCE offers 12 bachelor's degree programmes and 16 master's degree programmes. The college is self-funded, which is regarded as the best in the nation.
- When it comes to placements, RVCE has a high rating.
MSU Baroda - Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- Admissions to courses at Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda are based on Entrance Exams, Personal Interviews, Counselling Rounds, or Merit from the preceding qualifying examination.
- Under the auspices of numerous faculties, the university offers a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and research programmes.
- Each year, numerous reputable companies participate in the campus drive to recruit students.
JMI New Delhi - Jamia Millia Islamia
- Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) will administer the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) for admission to eight courses beginning in the academic year 2022.
- Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) has introduced a 3-Month Online Digital Marketing Course. Currently, registrations for the same are available.
- MBA 2022 graduates at JMI received the highest salary package of INR 25 LPA. The average compensation was 9 LPA INR.
IIT Madras - Indian Institute of Technology
- IIT Madras has seventeen departments, fourteen research centres, and a Continuing Education Programs Centre (CEP). IIT Madras offers over one hundred courses at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Research degree levels.
- Admission to the course is determined by the JEE Advanced examination score.
- IIT Madras Placements 2022 are currently underway. On day one of the placement drive, 226 recruiters participated.
B.Tech Computer Science engineering is among the oldest engineering programmes. It is always in high demand and faces numerous competitors. Therefore, if you wish to pursue a Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science, be prepared to work hard!
Sunstone is a leading higher education services provider that works with academic institutions in upskilling students for employability. Sunstone offers career-oriented training interventions for undergraduate and postgraduate students at 50+ institutions across 30+ cities.
Sunstone’s training programs are industry endorsed to enhance employability. These programs are designed for hybrid delivery with an unparalleled focus on soft skills and personality development to provide students with a holistic educational experience.
FAQ - B.Tech in computer science in India
Which college is best for B.Tech in computer science in India?
India is home to some of the most prestigious colleges and universities for Computer Science Engineering studies. IIT Kanpur, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Delhi, IIT Roorkee, etc., are among the best engineering colleges for Computer Science in India.
Which institute is best for computer science in India?
Some of the finest Computer Science universities in India:
- Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Technology - Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology - Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay.
- Indian Institute of Technology - Roorkee
Which college has the best placement for B.Tech CSE?
The universities with the best B.Tech CSE placement are:
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Kanpur