Learn applications of scientific principles to develop structures, systems, processes, or architectures
Year Full Time Program
Months of Internships*
200% Better Placements* with B.Tech
828 Unique opportunities
145 Diverse job profiles
239 Students with 2+ offers
*Basis average percentage of students placed in a batch in colleges with similar program fee
Choose from 50+ top colleges & make your application process easier!
- 70+ sessions by industry experts and leading faculty
- Capstone projects every semester
- Professional portfolio to increase chances of getting hired
- 10 in-demand advanced certifications to choose from
- Seed fund upto 10 Cr with incubation cell
- 14 days of student exchange program
- 10 days of global immersion in Dubai or Singapore
- 50+ guaranteed interviews with Placement Protection Plan*
Who can do B.Tech?
- Passed 12th from a recognised board
- 50% marks in aggregate
- Physics, Chemistry & Maths are compulsory subjects
Full Stack Development
This program provides students with knowledge & skill-set regarding the contemporary aspects of the field which also includes creating comprehensive and end-to-end web applications.
This course is regarded as a sub-stream of Computer Science which aims to equip students with the skills required to defend the computer operating systems, networks and data from cyber-attacks.
This course concerns utilising remote servers on the web, enabling users to access system resources on-demand, including data storage & processing power, without having to manage them directly.
Machine Learning & AI
This course involves the study of skills required to develop artificial intelligence programs, which includes programming languages, display strategies, database-specific languages, and cloud technology services.
This program helps students get exposure to data analytics covering in-depth specialisation at each level including Data warehousing, modelling, mining, analytics, visualisation & reporting.
Get placed where you belong
The Sunstone Philosophy
helps you learn from the best and provide a hands-on experience so your education is not just limited to theory
Learn from Recruiters
Learn from MDs, CEOs & Founders of leading companies with 10+ years of hiring experience
10+Industry Experts 70+Expert Sessions
Practise in the Real World
Practise what you learn and develop in-demand skills with real-world opportunities
8+ months of immersive internships
Practise the skills you acquire in the classroom with industry internships
Application-based industry-relevant projects to make you job-ready from Day 1
Experience how theoretical concepts learnt in class are put into action
Create your own Portfolio
Showcase your verified skills, certifications, college projects and work experience with a professional portfolio, and increase your chances of getting hired by 200%
All your professional work in one place, with easy sharing access
Easy portfolio-building with lifetime free service
B.Tech Student portfolio
Transform your career journey with real-world learning and experiences beyond classroom
Industry Recognised Credentials
- Credential 1
- Credential 2
- Earn a UGC-recognised/AICTE-approved degree
- Specialise engineering concepts in chosen field
- Equip yourself with industry-relevant skills
Choose from 50+ campuses across India
No Campus Found
Life at Sunstone
Cultivate the leader in you with our unique offerings.
Our Success Stories
Play smart by choosing Sunstone to unlock your dream job. The fee is based on the campus and the course you choose.
Placement Protection Plan : 50+ guaranteed interviews or get 2X Sunstone fee back
Scholarships worth up to ₹10 Cr
0 Cost EMI available
*Terms & conditions apply
Know more about B.Tech programs, syllabus, and colleges with our blogs
B.Tech - Computer Science: A Detailed Guide
By Bhavya Thakkar27 Jul,2022
B.Tech Civil Engineering Course Details: Eligibility, Admission, Entrance Exams, Subjects, Syllabus
By Bhavya Thakkar01 Nov,2022
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering: Scope, Course, Jobs, Eligibility, Syllabus
By Bhavya Thakkar11 Nov,2022
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering: Colleges, Syllabus, Admission, Exams, Jobs
By Bhavya Thakkar11 Nov,2022
- B.Tech also known as Bachelor of Technology, is one of the most pursued technology programs in India.
- According to estimates, nearly 15 Lakh engineering students pass out every year after completing their B.Tech course.
- The duration of a B.Tech course is 4 years which is divided into 8 semesters depending on the institution or college.
- Average starting salary of a graduate from a B.Tech course is 2.4 Lakhs per year.
Frequently Asked Question
- What is B.Tech and what is the full form of B.Tech?
B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) is an undergraduate degree in the field of engineering and technology. It is a four-year program that prepares students for careers in various branches of engineering, such as computer science, mechanical, electrical, electronics, and civil engineering. The curriculum covers the basics of engineering, mathematics, physics, and computer science, as well as specialised courses in the chosen field of study. The program also includes laboratory work and project assignments to help students apply their theoretical knowledge to real-world problems. Upon graduation, BTech holders are eligible for a variety of engineering positions in the industry or government sector or for further studies in graduate programs.
- Why is B.Tech important?
B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) is considered important for several reasons:
- Career Opportunities: B.Tech degree holders are eligible for a variety of engineering positions in industries such as IT, Manufacturing, Construction, Energy, and more. These positions offer good salaries and opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Relevant Skills: The B.Tech curriculum provides students with a strong foundation in engineering, mathematics, physics, and computer science, which are important skills for a variety of technical careers.
- Hands-On Experience: B.Tech programs typically include laboratory work and project assignments that provide students with hands-on experience in applying their theoretical knowledge to real-world problems. This helps students develop practical skills and a better understanding of how engineering principles can be applied.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: B.Tech graduates are equipped with the technical and problem-solving skills to drive innovation and start their own businesses.
- Further Studies: B.Tech graduates can pursue advanced studies in graduate programs such as MTech, MS, or PhD, which can open up new career opportunities and enhance their professional prospects.
Overall, B.Tech degree is considered as one of the most important and valuable degrees in the field of engineering and technology, and it provides students with the foundation for a successful and fulfilling career.
- What are B.Tech specialisations?
B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) offers various specialisations, including:
- Computer Science Engineering: This specialisation focuses on the development and design of computer systems, networks, and software applications.
- Mechanical Engineering: This specialisation deals with the design, development, and production of mechanical systems, such as engines, machines, and robots.
- Electrical Engineering: This specialisation focuses on the design and implementation of electrical systems, including power generation, transmission, and distribution.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering: This specialisation covers the design and development of electronic devices and communication systems, such as mobile phones, televisions, and computers.
- Civil Engineering: This specialisation deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of buildings, roads, bridges, and other infrastructure.
- Aerospace Engineering: This specialisation focuses on the design and development of aircraft and spacecraft, including aerodynamics, propulsion, and guidance systems.
- Chemical Engineering: This specialisation deals with the design and production of chemicals and chemical-based products, including medicines, fuels, and plastics.
- Information Technology: This specialisation focuses on the development and management of information systems, including software applications and databases.
- Biotechnology: This specialisation deals with the application of biological processes for the production of products and services, including medicines, food, and fuels.
These are some of the most popular B.Tech specialisations, but there are many other options as well, depending on the interests and career goals of the students.
- What is the average salary of B.Tech graduates in India?
The average salary of B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) graduates in India depends on several factors such as their area of specialisation, level of experience, the industry they are working in, and the location of their job. However, the following are some general estimates:
- Fresh Graduates: Fresh B.Tech graduates in India can expect to earn an average salary of around 3-5 Lakh Rupees per annum, depending on their area of specialisation and the industry they are working in.
- Experienced Professionals: With several years of experience, B.Tech graduates can expect to earn an average salary of around 7-15 Lakh Rupees per annum. The salary can be higher for those working in the IT or management sectors or in higher-paying industries such as finance and consulting.
- Specializations: Some specialisations, such as computer science and software engineering, tend to have higher average salaries than other B.Tech specialisations, due to the high demand for skilled professionals in these fields.
It's important to note that these are rough estimates and the actual salary can vary widely based on the factors mentioned above. Additionally, the salary figures are subject to change based on the state of the economy and job market.
- What are the types of B.Tech courses in India?
In India, there are several types of B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) courses offered by engineering colleges, including:
- Regular B.Tech: This is a full-time, four-year program that covers the fundamentals of engineering and specialized courses in a specific field of study.
- Lateral Entry B.Tech: This is a program for students who have completed a diploma in engineering or an equivalent program and want to continue their studies to earn a bachelor's degree.
- Dual Degree B.Tech: This is a program that allows students to earn both a bachelor's degree in engineering and a master's degree in a related field within five years.
- Integrated B.Tech and M.Tech: This is a five-year program that combines the BTech and MTech degrees and provides students with a solid foundation in engineering, as well as advanced training in a specific field.
- Online B.Tech: This is a program that allows students to earn a B.Tech degree through online courses and distance learning.
These are some of the most popular types of B.Tech courses in India, and students can choose the program that best fits their career goals and learning style. Additionally, there are many different specialisations within each type of B.Tech program, such as computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and more.
- What are the criteria for eligibility for the B.Tech after the 12th?
The eligibility criteria for B.tech after the 12th require students to complete their 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks from the recognised board. Candidates must have also chosen science stream (physics, chemistry, mathematics) as their core subjects. Though there are many universities that take admissions on the basis of marks obtained in the engineering entrance exams, few others take direct admissions on merit also.
- Which branch of B.Tech has more scope?
B.tech in Computer Science offers vast opportunities to the students along with many other b.tech courses such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering and many more. Although which branch provides more scope depends entirely on the industry demand, market trends and students' interests.
- What are the skills required for B.Tech?
In order to have a successful journey in four years of engineering students must have the following skills:
1. Analytical Skills
2. Creative Thinking
3. Multi-disciplinary exposure
4. Team work
5. Communication skills
- What are the different job profiles offered to graduates after B.Tech?
There are a number of job profiles offered to graduates after the completion of a B.tech degree. Though job profiles depend on the field you have chosen but some of the popular job profiles after B.Tech are:
• Software Developer
• Web Developer
• Full stack Developer
• Network Engineer
• Project Manager
- Is B.Tech a good choice?
B.Tech is a good choice for those who want to build their career in technical fields. B.tech degree provides both theoretical and practical learning to the students during the course period. Hence, preparing the students for a better career after graduation.
- What is the duration of the B.Tech course?
The course duration of the B.tech course is four years in every college and university.
- What can I opt for after B.Tech?
Either you can look for various job opportunities or you can pursue courses like M.Tech and MBA programs.
- Is B.tech easy to pass?
It depends on how dedicated you are while pursuing a B.Tech program. It is easy to pass if you are thorough with the syllabus.
- What is the average course fee for a B.Tech program?
The course fee for the B.tech program may range anywhere from ₹40K-₹1.5L per year.
APPLY FOR UG AND PG PROGRAMS
Enter a world of
Campuses - Our Presence
- JECRC University - Jaipur
- Ajeenkya DY Patil University - Pune
- GD Goenka University - Gurgaon
- SAGE University - Indore
- Calcutta Institute of Engineering & Technology - Kolkata
- Chaitanya (Deemed to be University) - Warangal