5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Everyone is familiar with the growing importance of technology in our daily lives. Computer engineers and IT professionals create almost everything we see on our phones or computers. The best IT jobs are so lucrative, in terms of creativity, that millions of young students pursue degrees in IT and Computer Science.
Young students want to create apps and systems that contribute to businesses and our daily lives. And having knowledge about the highest-paying IT jobs in India further motivates these young minds. If you are also looking for such information, keep reading this blog.
With the popularity of technology expected to continue in the coming years, the best jobs in the IT sector will experience the highest salary growth in the market. Here is a list of top paying IT jobs one can aspire to get.
Highest-Paying IT Jobs
- Software Engineering Manager
- Data Scientist
- Information Systems Security Manager
- Database Manager
- Mobile Applications Developer
- Product Manager
- Data Security Analyst
- Full-Stack Developer
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Architect
- Software Architect
- Blockchain Engineer
- Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions Architect
- Big Data Engineer
More About the High-paying Jobs in Tech
Software Engineering Manager
- Job Description: Software engineers, as opposed to software developers, think beyond writing codes and designing software. A Software Engineering Manager is a professional responsible for some or all software development projects at a business firm.
- Salary: The national average salary for a Software Engineering Manager is ₹34,59,720 per year. (Glassdoor)
Mobile Applications Developer
- Job Description: Mobile Applications Developers build software for wireless devices such as smartphones, tablets, and gadgets. They are proficient in object-oriented programming languages and leading cross-platform development tools.
- Salary: The average annual salary for a Mobile Application Developer is ₹10,84,235. (Indeed)
Information Systems Security Manager
- Job Description: Information security managers supervise other IT workers as they perform different information and digital security tasks. They train members of an organisation in security by creating and executing security strategies.
- Salary: The average annual salary for an Information Security Manager ranges from ₹8 lakhs to ₹36 lakhs per annum. (Ambition Box)
- Job Description: A database manager creates and maintains an organisation's systems for storing and organising data. Database managers can back up, restore, attach/detach, clone, delete, and rename databases.
- Salary: The average salary of a Database Manager is ₹17,15,549 lakhs per year. (Glassdoor)
Data Security Analyst
- Job Description: Data security analysts work to safeguard computer networks and systems against viruses and attackers. Their duties include conducting security audits, risk assessments, and analysis and making recommendations to improve data system security.
- Salary: The average annual salary for a Data Security Analyst is ₹5,29,305. (Glassdoor)
- Job Description: Product Managers are in charge of gathering, constructing, and suggesting ideas that will provide value to customers. The job responsibilities of a Product Manager may also include forecasting, product marketing, and overseeing profit and loss.
- Salary: The salaries of Product Managers range from ₹5.3 lakhs to ₹35 lakhs per year, with an average annual salary of ₹16 lakhs. (Ambition Box)
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engineer
- Job Description: Artificial intelligence engineers employ AI and machine learning techniques to create applications and systems that can assist businesses in increasing efficiency, cutting costs, increasing profits, and making better business decisions.
- Salary: The average annual salary for an AI Engineer is ₹9,54,649 lakhs per annum. (Glassdoor)
- Job Description: A full-stack developer is a programmer or engineer who can create both the front and back ends of a website. They develop complex software applications from the ground up, understand how to structure the code, categorise the files, structure the data in databases, and execute the required computational tasks.
- Salary: The average annual salary for a Full Stack Developer is ₹10,37,844 lakhs per annum. (Indeed)
- Job Description: Cloud Architect counts among the top IT jobs in demand for the future. The cloud architect is in charge of creating and deploying cloud computing solutions, including the design of the cloud infrastructure and cloud application & security architecture.
- Salary: Cloud Architect salaries range from ₹7 Lakhs to ₹40 Lakhs per year, with an average annual salary of ₹21 Lakhs. (Ambition Box)
- Job Description: A DevOps engineer is a generalist in information technology who implements procedures, tools, and techniques to balance demands throughout the software development life cycle, from writing code and deployment to maintenance and upgrades.
- Salary: The annual salary for a DevOps Engineer is ₹8,12,728 lakhs per annum. (Payscale)
- Job Description: Blockchain engineers assist in creating and maintaining decentralised digital databases or blockchains used to store and share information securely and transparently.
- Salary: Blockchain Engineer salaries in India range from ₹1.8 lakhs to ₹25.5 lakhs per year, with an average annual salary of ₹7 lakhs. (Ambition Box)
- Job Description: A Software Architect is a software engineer in charge of high-level design decisions concerning overall system structure and behaviour. They work with others to determine functional and non-functional requirements for software or applications.
- Salary: Among the highest paying software jobs, Software Architects are professionals earning an average salary of ₹27,00,000 lakhs per annum. (Glassdoor)
Big Data Engineer
- Job Description: A Big Data Engineer is a professional in information technology (IT) who designs, creates, tests, and maintains complex data processing systems that work with large data sets.
- Salary: The average annual salary for a Data Engineer is ₹13,31,982. (Indeed)
Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions Architect
- Job Description: An IoT solutions architect is a professional who works on practical applications of internet of things technology. To enable process development, the IoT solutions architect usually collaborates with engineers and salespeople.
- Salary: The average salary for an IoT Solution Architect is ₹26,65,135 per year. (Glassdoor)
- Job Description: The job of a data scientist is to analyse data for actionable insights. They are skilled at identifying data analytics problems.
- Salary: The average salary for a Data Scientist is ₹13,13,789 per year. (Indeed)
If you wish to embark on a career in tech, you may want to enrol in a BCA program. The curriculum of a Bachelor of Computer Application or the BCA syllabus incorporates lessons such as programming languages, data structures, web application development, and software engineering. These subjects set the foundation for a rewarding tech career with a lucrative BCA graduate salary.
You may also explore the UG or PG courses at campuses that offer the benefits of Sunstone. We provide end-to-end assistance, from admission to 50+ colleges to 100% placement, with our network of 1200+ recruiters. Moreover, students who register with Sunstone benefit from industry-aligned learning modules and holistic skill development training.
To learn more about our benefits, check out Sunstone today!