5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
CAT Admit Card Highlights
The CAT Admit card is the most important document needed to actually appearing for the exam. Only successfully registered candidates will be able to download the admit card and it functions as a hall ticket on the exam day.
A copy of the signed admit card is also used by colleges to complete admission the procedure. As a result, it is very important to handle the signed admit card with care and preserve it properly.
CAT Admit Card Dates
The important dates related to CAT admit card has been given in the table below.
|CAT 2021 Registration||4 August 2021|
|Last date to register||15 September 2021|
|Admit Card release date||27 October 2021|
|CAT Exam 2021||28 November 2021|
|CAT 2021 Answer Key release||First week of December 2021|
|CAT Result 2021||First week of January 2022|
How to Download the CAT Admit Card?
The only way to download the admit card is online. Under no circumstances will the admit card be dispatched as a physical copy. To download the CAT admit card, you can follow the steps below.
- Visit the official website of IIM - CAT
- Go to the ‘Registered Candidate Login’
- Enter User ID and Password and click login
- Go to the dashboard and find the admit card link
- Once you click on it, a new window will open
- The details about the exam centre and location will be shown
- The link to download the admit card will be there just beside it
Details Mentioned in CAT Admit Card
The CAT admit card will contain all the relevant details for the exam day. The invigilator will tally the details with the roll sheet and a photo ID proof. Candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam only if all the details on the admit card match with the roll sheet.
In case there’s any detail printed wrong or missing, candidates need to immediately get in touch with the CAT authorities and resolve it. Overall, the following details are mentioned on the CAT admit card.
- Application Number
- Date of Birth (DoB)
- Application category
- PwD/DA status
- Date and Time of exam
- Exam centre address
- Reporting Time
- Space to affix photograph
- Space for signature
Note: Candidates need to carry a government photo ID proof (Voter ID /Passport/ Driving License/Adhaar) to successfully complete verification on the day of the exam.
What to do in Case of Missing/Wrong Details on the CAT Admit Card?
Usually, IIM-CAT is quite efficient in handling the information, so chances of error are minimal. However, in case there’s an error, you can resolve it by contacting the IIM-CAT authorities at the address given below.
- Phone: 1-800-210-1088 (Toll-Free) - Call on the Toll-free number, Monday to Saturday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (excluding National holidays).
- Email: email@example.com
Address: CAT Centre C/o. Admissions Office, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad – 380 015, Gujarat, India
Documents to be Presented by the Candidates on Exam Day
Doing everything properly on exam day is the most important thing. Remember, even minor mistakes can lead to disqualification from the exam. In order to find out the important details about the exam day, you can refer to the Instruction section on the CAT admit card.
Otherwise, you need to ensure that you have the following documents with you on the exam day.
- A government photo ID proof (Adhaar/Voter ID/Driving License/Passport)
- A printed copy of the admit card, with a passport size photo pasted and self-attested
Common Problems in Downloading the CAT Admit Card
The portal of IIM CAT is usually quite efficient. However, candidates may face problems downloading the admit card under exceptional circumstances. If it’s a problem with the website, it will be resolved within a few hours. Candidates who failed to successfully register or to pay the exam fee will not be able to download the admit card.
The common problems faced by candidates while downloading the admit card are given below:
- Poor internet connectivity
- Server crash due to high traffic
- Unsuccessful registration
- Non-payment of fee
- Forgetting login ID and password
Note: If your registration is unsuccessful, then it might be too late to resolve it when the admit card is released. Make sure to enter all the details correctly and pay the fee on time during registration.
What to do if you Forget the Login ID for CAT?
Forgetting login ID and password is the most common problem faced by candidates while downloading the admit card. Thankfully, it is quite easy to resolve it on the official website. You can follow the simple steps given below to retrieve your CAT Login ID and download the admit card.
- Go to the official website
- On the right side, click on ‘Registered candidate login’
- Click on the ‘Forgot User ID/Password?’ option
- Enter the registered email ID and the captcha
- The link to retrieve the password will be sent to you via email
- You can click on the link and retrieve your login ID/Password
CAT Admit Card 2021 – Important Points
- It will not be sent via email or post to the candidates.
- The admit card will be considered valid only if the images of the candidate’s photograph & signature will be legibly printed.
- It will be valid only for the test date and session as specified on it.
- No duplicate CAT 2021 admit card will be issued in any case. The candidates must keep the admit card safe with them.
- The candidate must not mutilate the admit card or change any entry, made therein after it has been authenticated by the authorities.
- It is advised to retain the admit card of CAT 2021 after the conduct of the exam as it will be needed at various stages of the IIM admission process.
CAT Exam will be organized in over 150 cities of the country. It is a computer-based test (CBT), held on a single day and in two sessions. The CAT question paper comprises MCQs and descriptive questions. In total, 100 questions are asked in the test and the exam takers are given 3 hours to attempt it. The score of the MBA CAT exam remains valid for a year and is accepted by over 300 B-schools (non-IIMs).
Sunstone is a leading higher education service provider that works with academic institutions in up-skilling students for employability. Sunstone offers career oriented training interventions for undergraduate and postgraduate students at 30+ institutions across 25 cities.
Sunstone’s training programs are industry endorsed to enhance employability. These programs are designed for hybrid delivery with unparalleled focus on soft skills and personality development. Sunstone’s focus is to provide students with holistic educational experience.
- Management skills employers look for
- How to become industry-ready and earn high salary?
- Frequently asked GD/PI questions
- Worth of an MBA degree under threat?
- Do business school rankings really matter?
FAQs related to CAT admit card
How can I download CAT admit card?
Is a Black and White admit card allowed in CAT?
Should CAT admit card be printed in colour?