Today’s age is called the information age for good reasons. While a common person can gain information about anything, businesses now have more information about their customers. To analyse this information in the form of data, they need skilled professionals.
MBA in Business Analytics is a course that teaches you how to make sense of large data in order to benefit your business. This data can be about the problems your potential customers are having, about the buying behaviour of consumers, and so on. Since it has become easy to capture data about customers, the demand for MBAs in Business Analytics is at an all-time high.
In this article, we are going to cover MBA in business analytics scope, the admission process, salary, leading recruiters, and much more. Read till the end if you are interested in securing a high-paying job in almost any industry.
What is MBA in Business Analytics?
MBA in Business Analytics is a two-year-long post-graduation course focused on teaching how to do statistical analysis, form predictive models by looking at data, and make decisions on the basis of statistical information. Since every company — be it a small LLC or a large corporation — is using data to gain business leverage, MBA in Business Analytics has gained huge popularity in the past decade.
Here is a list of key facts about the degree that you should know about before taking admission in the course:
- The average salary of a professional with an MBA in Business Analytics degree is around 8 lakhs per annum. This average value is supposed to increase in the upcoming years.
- From tech firms and banking institutions to automobile companies and Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies, every company needs business analysts for optimizing its profits.
- After completing MBA in data analytics, one can further pursue studies and do a Ph.D. in data science.
MBA in Business Analytics: Course Details
|Course Name||MBA In Business Analytics|
|Course Type||Post-graduation/Master's Degree|
|Course Duration||Min. 2 years|
|Course Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|Top Recruiters||Dhani, Crownit, BYJU’S, Zomato, Bada Business, Amazon, Oyo, Flipkart,|
|Jobs||Data Scientist, Statistician, Quantitative Analyst, Business Analyst, Project Manager|
|Salary||INR 6,00,000 per annum to 12,00,000 per annum|
Why MBA in Business Analytics?
Since data analytics is a field directly influenced by science, the scope of doing an MBA is very broad. Here is a list of some reasons why doing an MBA in Business Analytics might be the right choice for you:
- Every business field is open for a working professional with an MBA in Business Analytics. Once you complete your degree, you can go into any industry like consultancy, finance, intelligence, marketing, and so on.
- The top companies in every industry are always on the lookout for skilled data analysts. So, if you hone your skills in business data analysis, you can join companies like LinkedIn, Google, Wipro, Infosys, Microsoft, etc.
- The salary package of MBAs in Business Analysts is comparatively better than that of other MBA specialisations.
- Since an MBA in Business Analytics makes you better understand the customer, it will help you even if you want to start your own business.
Who should do an MBA in Business Analytics?
MBA in Business Analytics is the right course for you if:
- You have a natural knack for numbers
- You are interested in knowing how companies make key decisions with the help of customer data
- You want to work in a field that is on the cutting edge of data science
MBA in Business Analytics Admission Process
The admission process for this degree includes the following:
- There are two modes of applying for admission - online and offline.
- You need the following documents for the admission process: proof of address, 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet, bachelor's degree mark sheet, certificates, Voter Id card, or driver’s license.
- At least 50 percent marks in your bachelor’s degree are required for this course.
- After clearing the entrance exam, you might also have to go through group discussions and one on one interviews to finally get admission to a reputed college or university.
MBA in Business Analytics Eligibility Criteria
India’s top colleges and universities have set the following eligibility criteria:
- You should have a minimum of 50 percent in the undergraduate degree in any discipline.
- Your graduation degree must be completed from a recognised college or university.
- In case a candidate is from reserved category, he or she should have a minimum of 45 percent (as compared to 50 percent in the case of the general category) in the undergraduate degree.
Note: Some colleges and universities set their own eligibility criteria. For example, the minimum passing marks for getting admission in MBA in Business Analytics might be higher or lower than 50 percent. So, we advise you to check the brochure of the particular institution that you want to get admitted to.
MBA in Business Analytics Entrance Exams
The most reputed universities and institutes in our country conduct entrance exams on both national and state levels. The best entrance exams for taking admission in an MBA in Business Analytics are:
This is only a small list of entrance exams. There are various entrance exams that are included in the list. So, check your college or university’s brochure to make sure that you are taking the right entrance exam to get into your desired institution.
Types of MBA in Business Analytics Courses
Broadly, it can be classified into the following four different types:
- Full-time degree that spans over two years
- Full-time MBA Equivalent PGDM in Business Analytics that spans over two years
- MBA or Post Graduate Certificate Program in Business Analytics that spans over just a year but the eligibility criteria requires you to have a working experience of 5 to 10 years.
- Executive (Part-Time) MBA or PGDM in Business Analytics that spans over two years but the eligibility criteria requires you to have a working experience of 1 to 3 years.
MBA in Business Analytics Syllabus
The syllabus is generally the same in every college or university. However, some universities tailor the syllabus of the course in order to meet the practical requirement of the job. The two-year-long MBA syllabus is separated into five trimesters. The first three trimesters are kept the same for every MBA program (for example, MBA in Sales, Marketing, HR, or Business Analytics) in order to make a strong base for business administration. It is the last two trimesters that are specialised for teaching the concepts of business analytics.
Here is a list of the five trimesters with syllabus:
- Business Communication For Managers
- Technology In Management
- Marketing Management
- Organisational Behaviour I
- Managerial Economics
- Business Accounting I
- Business Mathematics
- Managerial Communication
- Analytical Tools For Managers I
- Brand Management
- Organisation Behaviour II
- Corporate Finance
- Business Accounting II
- Market Research
- Business Statistics
- Professional Communication
- Analytical Tools For Managers II
- Sales Management
- Human Resource Management
- Change Management
- Working Capital Management
- Business Problem Solving
- Operations Management
- Summer Internship Project
- Market Research
- Data Analytics 1
- Business Research
- Data Analytics-2
- Information Systems
- Business Law
Required Skills for MBA in Business Analytics
The key to advancing your career as an MBA professional in Business Analytics lies in working on the following skills:
- Communication Skills: A business analyst has to present his or her findings in a clear manner so that the other players in the business can work on the suggestions. The story that is otherwise present in data has to be moulded in a way that can be understood by a common person.
- Inquisitive Nature: One has to build inquisitive nature in order to learn continuously and figure out how different things should be fitted together so that the business can benefit. The business and data analysis industry changes quickly so skilled professionals have to update themselves with the industry with the help of their inquisitive nature.
- Critical Thinking: Every skilled data analyst is a critical thinker first. To make the right decision, not only do business analysts have to understand the input data but they also have to ask the right questions about the data first.
- Data Visualisation: Ordinary people see boring numbers in data but business analysts see patterns in the same place that have practical implications. To be a highly-valued business analyst, you have to visualise data in a way that it can become digestible for your colleagues.
Top Colleges for MBA in Business Analytics
The top MBA colleges and institutes in India that offer MBA in Business Analytics are:
- NIU, Greater Noida
- NIET, Greater Noida
- PISM, Bangalore
- RAYAT-BAHRA, Mohali
- JECRC University, Jaipur
- RR Institutions, Bangalore
- Sage University, Indore
- GD Goenka, Gurugram
- Aditya Institute Of Management, Pune
- IBMR, Hubli
- Netaji Subhas University, Jamshedpur
Jobs after MBA in Business Analytics
Here are the jobs profiles you can apply for after completing your degree:
- Data Scientist
- Market Research Analyst
- Quantitative Analyst
- Project Manager
- Data Mining Expert
- Business Analyst
MBA in Business Analytics Salary in India
Since business analysts are in high demand in every industry, getting an MBA in Business Analytics can get you an impressive salary. Here is a breakdown of salary for various job profiles after an MBA in Business Analytics:
|Job Profile||Average Salary Per Annum|
|Data Scientist||Around 15 lakhs|
|Statistician||Around 10.5 lakhs|
|Market Research Analyst||Around 8 lakhs|
|Quantitative Analyst||Around 9.5 lakhs|
|Project Manager||Around 7.5 lakhs|
|Data Mining Expert||Around 6 lakhs|
|Business Analyst||Around 11 lakhs|
The above-mentioned salaries are only the average salary of the industry. You can have even more salary than even as a fresher by working on your soft skills and technical skills.
Top Recruiters for MBA in Business Analytics
Leading companies are hiring MBAs to increase their profit. If you complete an MBA in Business Analytics, you can get hired by the following leaders of their industries:
- Axis Bank
- Reliance Retail
- Big Basket
- Future Group
- SBI Bank
FAQs on MBA in Business Analytics
What does an MBA in Business Analytics do?
What is the salary of an MBA in Business Analytics graduate?
What is the scope of an MBA in Business Analytics?
What is the eligibility criteria for an MBA in Business Analytics?
How can I get admission for MBA in Business Analytics?
What is the course duration of an MBA in Business Analytics?
What are the top career opportunities after an MBA in Business Analytics?
Market Research Analyst
Data Mining Expert
What are the different types of MBA in Business Analytics courses one can apply for?
What are the main entrance exams one can go for to get admission to an MBA in Business Analytics program?