Dehradun, Uttarakhand's capital, serves as a gateway to some of the country's most prominent hill destinations, including Nainital and Mussoorie. It is most renowned for its top boarding institutions, such as the Doon School and the Indian Military Academy, which are both located in the Doon Valley. Dehradun is known as the "school capital of India" because of its large number of schools.
Along with top boarding schools, Dehradun is also home to some of the best B-schools in the country. Doing an MBA in Dehradun has become very popular as the MBA colleges in Dehradun have established the city as a global leader in management education. MBA colleges in Dehradun are India's most sought-after management studies destinations. There are numerous reasons why Dehradun attracts a large number of MBA applicants from around the country each year.
Skills Acquired by Doing an MBA
An MBA degree requires you to step outside of your comfort zone. You'll learn about the most recent International Business trends, how to use the most up-to-date management tools and practices, and how to improve your business, teams, and cooperation. The skills you acquire by doing an MBA are also the best tools you have for adapting to the inescapable changes in industries, markets, and business practices.
Although each Master of Business Administration programme has its own curriculum, the following are some of the most common skills you'll learn regardless of which school you choose:
- Enhance your leadership and people management abilities.
- Create, market, and sell your goods and services.
- Make contacts and form partnerships by networking.
- Deal with tense circumstances (e.g. financial crisis, public scandals)
- Maintain a positive image for the organisation by keeping its finances in good shape.
- Data from the industry is gathered, interpreted, and reports are created.
- Improve employee retention by hiring excellent talent.
- Create hierarchies that will aid the company's success.
- Make difficult decisions at the appropriate moment.
If you intend to change careers but the industry advances in a way that disrupts your plans, the abilities you've acquired will enable you to rapidly adjust and find a new path. You'll also be able to take advantage of economic shifts and discover new professional alternatives where others are merely trying to stay afloat. To make things even easier for you in your MBA journey here is your soup to nuts guide for MBA colleges in Dehradun.
MBA Colleges in Dehradun- Rank Wise
|2||UPES School of Business Dehradun|
|3||IMS- Unison University Business School|
|5||Doon Business School|
|6||Graphic Era University|
|8||Quantum School of Business|
|9||Himgiri Zee University, Sunstone|
|10||Dev Bhoomi Uttarakhand University|
The Indian Institute of Management Kashipur is a second-generation IIM founded in 2011 by the Indian government. It is a leader in management education with the employment of cutting-edge teaching methods, fostering high-quality research, and demonstrating long-term leadership. By the Government of India, IIM is ranked 33rd in the 2020 MHRD-NIRF Ranking. The institute has three centres of excellence, each dedicated to cutting-edge research, innovation, entrepreneurship, and sustainability, all while assisting the ecosystem in achieving the institute's strategic objectives.
- Fee Structure: 15.42L
- Exam Accepted: CAT, GMAT
- Average Placement Salary: 13.0LPA
- Nearby Hangouts: Coffee Cafe, Helbert Cafe, Fresh N Fillin', The Moonshine Cafe, Dronasagar Lake
- Contact Number: 070882 70882
- Address: Kundeshwari, Kashipur, District- Udham Singh Nagar, Kashipur, Uttarakhand 244713 (Get Directions)
IMS Unison University
IMS Unison was founded in 1996 and is considered one of India's finest private universities. IMS Unison University was one of India's first universities to fully implement the SAP ERP solution to streamline all academic and administrative procedures. IMS Unison has partnerships with a variety of companies, including SAP, Benchmark Six Sigma, Global Voice, APTECH, and others. IUU is also a member of a number of organisations, including the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Computer Society of India (CSI), and many others.
- Fee Structure: 4.74L
- Exam Accepted: CAT, GMAT, XAT
- Average Placement Salary: 4.50LPA
- Nearby Hangouts: Red Mug Cafe, Treehouse Cafe, Yambi's Coffee Bar, Cafe Freedom, First Gear Cafe
- Contact Number: 0135 715 5000
- Address: Mussoorie Diversion Road Makkawala Greens, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248009 (Get Directions)
UPES School of Business
Outlook ICARE India Rankings 2020 named UPES School of Business, Dehradun, the number one private business school in Uttarakhand and one of the top 15 B-schools in North India. The University Grants Commission (UGC) has approved it, and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council has given it a 'B' grade (NAAC). Several national and international bodies, including the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), the International Association of Universities, the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), and others, have certified or accredited it.
- Fee Structure: 14.19L
- Exam Accepted: CAT, XAT, MAT
- Average Placement Salary: 7.7LPA
- Nearby Hangouts: Milqooz Cafe, The Indie Cafe, The Doon House Cafe, Coffee Corner, The Chillout Cafe
- Contact Number: 1800 102 8737
- Address: ENERGY ACRES, UPES, BIDHOLI, via, Prem Nagar, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248007 (Get Directions)
Doon Business School
Doon Business School (DBS Dehradun or Dehradun Business School) is a well-known management institute in the Indian state of Uttarakhand, founded in 2007. For management students, the Institute is regarded for providing a high-quality learning environment. The All India Council for Technical Education has authorised Doon Business School, which is affiliated with Uttarakhand Technical University. The Week named DBS Dehradun as the top B-School in Uttarakhand in 2019 and the All India Management Association ranked it among the top 10 B-Schools in north India (AIMA). DBS Dehradun prepares students to confront the competitive world by combining technological and managerial skills.
- Fee Structure: 4.53L
- Exam Accepted: MAT, CAT, CMAT
- Average Placement Salary: 3.5LPA
- Nearby Hangouts: Cafe Cibo, Waffles and Crepes, Just Cafe, Y Cafe and Restaurant, Pinewood Cafe and Kitchen
- Contact Number: 072591 62060
- Address: Mi-122, Behind Pharma City, Selaqui Industrial Area, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001 (Get Directions)
The Unison Group established the Dehradun Institute of Technology, or DIT University, in 1998. In 2013, the University Grant Commission granted it the status of Deemed University (UGC). The University is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and is the first in Uttarakhand to receive the QS I-Gauge E-Lead certificate, which recognises superior e-learning methods such as academic digitization. Regulatory agencies such as the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), the Council of Architecture (COA), and the Pharmacy Council of India have recognised DIT University courses (PCI).
- Fee Structure: 3.17L
- Exam Accepted: CAT, XAT, MAT
- Average Placement Salary: 4.96LPA
- Nearby Hangouts: First Touch Cafe, The Free Bird Cafe, Small Town Cafe, Malsi Deer Park, Shikhar Fall
- Contact Number: +91 135 7144000
- Address: Mussoorie, Diversion Road, Makka Wala, Uttarakhand 248009 (Get Directions)
Graphic Era (Deemed to be University)
Graphic Era University is a private university in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, that was founded in 1993. In 2008, it was designated as a Deemed-to-be university. In 2015, the NAAC awarded GEU Grade A accreditation. Graphic Era University's programmes have been authorised by the AICTE of the Ministry of Human Resource Development of India. Through study abroad programmes, foreign research, and internships given during the course, the university provides an international platform.
- Fee Structure: 3.88L
- Exam Accepted: CAT, XAT, MAT
- Average Placement Salary: 5.0LPA
- Nearby Hangouts:
- Contact Number: 1800 270 1280
- Address: 566/6, Bell Road, Society Area, Clement Town, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248002 (Get Directions)
ICFAI Business School
The ICFAI University, Dehradun's IBS Dehradun (Faculty of Management Studies) has been approved by the UGC under section 2(f) of the UGC Act. IBS Dehradun offers high-quality, value-based management education that leads to a successful profession. It helps students comprehend, develop, integrate, and apply both fundamental and specialised concepts and activities. IBS Dehradun is located on the ICFAI University's lush green campus in Selaqui, which spans 25 acres. Academic blocks, faculty rooms, auditorium, seminar halls, computer labs with cutting-edge computing equipment, well-equipped library, canteen, sports and recreation facilities make up the 2.5 lakh sq. ft. built-up area.
- Fee Structure: 5.23L
- Exam Accepted: CAT, NMAT by GMAC, IBSAT
- Average Placement Salary: 5.62LPA
- Nearby Hangouts: Hunger Hills, Tamu's Kitchen, 7 Heaven Cafetaria, Nukkad Cafe, Hangout Casa
- Contact Number: 0135 300 3009
- Address: Rajawala Road, Central Hope Town, Selakui, Uttarakhand 248197 (Get Directions)
Quantum School of Business
Quantum School of Business, established in 2009, is one of Dehradun's leading MBA colleges. It is a branch of the Quantum University in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India. The school is approved by the AICTE and the UGC and is associated with Uttarkhand Technical University. Management courses are available at both the undergraduate and graduate levels at QSB Roorkee. The Week magazine has selected Quantum School of Business as the No. 1 B-School in Uttarakhand and the No. 29th in North India. The Dewang Mehta National Education Awards in Mumbai have named the institute as a "Business School that Encourages Leadership as a Part of the Curriculum."
- Fee Structure: 2.85L
- Exam Accepted: CAT, MAT, NMAT
- Average Placement Salary: 7.5LPA
- Nearby Hangouts: Bigrin Cafe, Cafe Village Highway, Eddie's, Just Cafe, 70 Percent Restro Cafe
- Contact Number: 073080 80804
- Address: 3rd Floor, 14, Gandhi Rd, Khurbura Mohalla, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001 (Get Directions)
Himgiri Zee Institution (HZU), formerly known as Himgiri Nabh Vishwavidyalaya, is a private university in Dehradun. It was founded in 2003 by the State Legislative Assembly of Uttaranchal by Act No. 17 of the State Legislative Assembly. It is a member of the Association of Indian Universities and is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2(f) (AIU). More than 40 undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degree programmes, certifications, and diploma courses are available at Himgiri Zee University.
- Fee Structure: 1.25L + 10x gross monthly salary*
- Exam Accepted: CAT
- Average Placement Salary: 4.5LPA
- Nearby Hangouts: Doon Aroma Cafe and Restaurant, Hunger Hills, Hidden Leaf Cafe, Robert's Cave, George Everest's House
- Contact Number: 1800 180 4181
- Address: P.O. Sherpur, Chakarata Rd, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248197 (Get Directions)
Dev Bhoomi Uttarakhand University
Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutions (DBGI) originally opened its doors in 2005 with the goal of providing high-quality education that shapes students into authentic professionals in the real world. DBGI aims to provide students with value-based education. Its mission as an institution is to protect and strengthen society by teaching tomorrow's decision-makers to be knowledgeable, skilled, and smart. The AICTE has recognised these institutes, and they are associated with state universities in Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and Haryana. Saharanpur and Kurukshetra are the Institute's additional campuses, which are located in different states.
- Fee Structure: 2.05L
- Exam Accepted: CAT, MAT
- Average Placement Salary: 1.8LPA
- Nearby Hangouts: Blue Flame Cafe, Nirvana Cafe, Old House Cafe, The Art Cafe, Forest Cafe
- Contact Number: 1800 103 4049
- Address: Chakrata Road Navgaon, Manduwala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248007 (Get Directions)
Top MBA Colleges in Dehradun Placement-Wise
|College Name||Average Salary After Placement|
|UPES School of Business||7.7LPA|
|Doon Business School||5.2LPA|
|Himgiri Zee University||4.5LPA|
Career Scope for MBA Graduates in Dehradun
According to the 2011 Indian Census, Dehradun is the interim capital of the state of Uttarakhand and a Class 1 city. Dehradun has risen to prominence as a premier business and service centre, as well as the largest urban agglomeration in the Garhwal Himalayas' hilly region.
The city's recent economic expansion has seen a change in concentration away from tertiary sectors and toward primary and secondary sectors. Dehradun's metropolitan area is also undergoing a transformation from services to industry, trade, and commerce, while secondary and tertiary industries are expanding for economic growth. Owing to the growth in Dehradun's economy, the city presents itself with a booming career landscape for MBA graduates.
Cost of Living in Dehradun
Dehradun has an average cost of living of INR 6K, placing it in the top 2% of the world's least costly cities, ranking 9032nd out of 9294 in our worldwide ranking, 70th out of 220 in India, and 1st out of 2 in Uttarakhand.
|Category||Cost (monthly) in Rs.|
|Rent||2,000 to 4,000|
|Food and Utilities||2,000|
MBA Colleges in Dehradun Accepting Entrance Exams
- Himgiri Zee University
- Doon Business School
- DIT University
- Quantum School of Business
- ICFAI Business School
MBA Colleges in Dehradun With Direct Admission
- Beehive College of Advanced Studies
- GRD Institute of Management and Technology
- Nimbus Academy of Management
- Institute of Co-operative Management
- Uttaranchal Institute of Management
All of the above mentioned are the top MBA colleges in Dehradun which have a placement-oriented strategy that allows students to focus on practical and theoretical training.
Sunstone is built on the same foundation, focusing on placements through collaborations with leading universities & recruiters around the country.