5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is a two-year diploma programme offered by AICTE-accredited top PGDM colleges in India. The course focuses on delivering practical management knowledge and the functioning of a business organisation.
As the world changes, so do the needs of organisations, institutions, and businesses. Managers, Leaders, and specialised Business Executives are in high demand all over the world. As a result, this diploma course at the best institute for PGDM in India is a very demanding course among students who want to pursue careers in management.
PGDM Colleges in India are an excellent choice for your management education because they provide both theoretical and practical industry experience. Each college has its own set of eligibility requirements. You can check the same on their website before applying.
Colleges Offering PGDM Courses in India
Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur
image source - wikipedia.org
- Admission: PGDM Business Management, PGDM Human Resource Management, Executive PGM, and PGDBM online are among the PG courses offered by XLRI Jamshedpur. The university considers Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) score for acceptance to these programmes, followed by a personal interview and group discussion.
- Course Fees: The fee structure at XLRI for the two-year PGDM Business Management and PGDM Human Resource Management programmes is ₹25.80 lakhs. Meanwhile, the XLRI online course fee structure is ₹14 lakhs.
- Placements: Amazon, Aditya Birla Group, Capgemini, Accenture, Airtel, Deloitte, Byju, Flipkart, HCL, Hindustan Unilever Limited, Google, and many more are among the top recruiters at XLRI Jamshedpur. The median package offered to PGDM graduates in 2022 was ₹30 lakhs per annum.
S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
image source - pgdm360.com
- Admission: SPJIMR is among the top 10 PGDM colleges in India. The institute accepts CAT or GMAT scores for enrollment to the Post Graduate Diploma in Management and Post Graduate Programme in Management programmes. Students must also have a bachelor's degree in any field and preferred work experience.
- Course Fees: The Post Graduate Diploma in Management tuition fee is ₹20,42,000 in total.
- Placements: Accenture, Amazon, BCG, Capgemini, BYJU, Infoedge, HCL, Bajaj, and Axis Capital are just a few of the institute's recruiters. According to the S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research placement statistics, the average CTC offered to students in the year 2022 is ₹32.05 LPA.
Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS), Bangalore
image source - gcsonline.co.in
- Admission: AIMS is among the best PGDM colleges in South India. For acceptance to the PGDM course at AIMS Institute, students must have completed their graduation with at least 50%. They must also score at least 60% on the MAT, CMAT, CAT, ATMA, or XAT entrance exams. Statement of Purpose, Extempore, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview are all part of the selection process.
- Course Fees: The two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management costs approximately ₹6,51,600 in total tuition.
- Placements: Some of AIMS Institutes Bangalore's top recruiters include Accenture, TCI, Thomas Reuters, IBM, and Berger Paints. The average annual salary for postgraduate students is ₹4.1 lakhs.
Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
image source - dialeducation.com
- Admission: The institute considers CAT or GMAT scores for the student admission to PGDM, PGDM-Human Resource Management, and PGDM-International Business programmes, followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview scores. However, the institute requires the scores of entrance exams and solely Personal Interviews for enrollment to PGDM Business Management.
- Course Fees: The tuition fees for PGDM and PGDM Human Resource Management at MDI are ₹23.47 lakhs. However, the MDI Gurgaon fee structure for PGDM Business Management is ₹15.35 lakhs.
- Placements: Among the recruiters who participated in the MDI Gurgaon placements were Asian Paints, ITC Limited, Godrej, Johnson & Johnson, Amazon, Flipkart, Microsoft, Reliance Industries Limited, Google, Aditya Birla Group, and Accenture Strategy. The medium annual salary offered to management graduates in 2022 was ₹23.50 lakhs per annum.
New Delhi Institute of Management (NDIM), Delhi
image source - openthemagazine.com
- Admission: NDIM is among the best private PGDM colleges in India. The institute considers the scores of CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, or GMAT, performance in Group Discussions, Personal Interviews, grades in classes 10 and 12, and graduation for admission to the postgraduate programme.
- Course Fees: The tuition fee for the PGDM programme and its specialisations at NDIM is ₹9.70 lakhs.
- Placements: The recruiters at NDIM include Colgate, KPMG, HUL, Genpact, Flourish, Deloitte, Dalda, Capgemini, Vodafone, Accenture, and others. In 2022, the median package offered to PGDM graduates was ₹7.50 Lakhs.
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Bangalore
image source - nmimsbengaluru.org
- Admission: The institute provides courses in four PGDM specialisations: human resources, finance, marketing, and executive. Students must have a graduation grade point average of 50% or higher from a recognised university. Moreover, students with two or three years of work experience are preferred by the university.
- Course Fees: NMIMS is also among the top private PGDM colleges in India. A PGDM course costs ₹16.5 lakhs in tuition.
- Placements: Honeywell, Vardhaman Technology, Firstsource, Extramarks Education India Private Limited, and other major recruiters at NMIMS Bangalore. In 2020-21, the median salary offered to NMIMS Bangalore students was ₹9,50,000.
Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad
image source - shiksha.com
- Admission: IMT Ghaziabad accepts the scores of CAT, XAT or GMAT for admittance to PGDM. programmes. A written exam, a personal interview, and previous academic performance are all part of the selection process for IMT Ghaziabad admission.
- Course Fees: The fee structure at IMT Ghaziabad for PGDM, PGDM Marketing, PGDM Banking and Financial Services, and PGDM Finance is ₹19.38 lakhs. Meanwhile, the Executive PGDM fees at IMT Ghaziabad are ₹18.88 lakhs.
- Placements: Accenture Consulting, Google, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Infosys Consulting, Microsoft, and many other companies participated in the IMT Ghaziabad placement drive. In 2022, the average package offered to management students is ₹14 lakhs per annum.
The PGDM courses are just as credible as the MBA courses. However, admission requirements differ from one college to the next. If you’re someone interested in a PGDM course at the best institute for PGDM in India, you can check out colleges that offer Sunstone’s benefits. We offer students admission assistance at over 50+ campuses across India and 100% placement support. You may also choose from in-demand advanced certifications and prepare for a professional career with industry-aligned learning modules and soft-skills training.
FAQ - Top PGDM Colleges in India
Which city is best for PGDM?
The top management colleges in India are located in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, and Chennai.
Is doing PGDM worth it in India?
Yes. PGDM jobs are among the highest paying in India. In India, the average salary for a PGDM course ranges between ₹5 and ₹20 lakhs per annum.
(Must see: Why to Pursue PGDM)
Is PGDM better or MBA better?
As previously stated, the PGDM courses are just as important as the MBA courses. When it comes to career opportunities, both MBA and PGDM programmes are regarded as having equal value.