5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
There are many different graphic design courses and specialisations available in India. B.Des, M.Des, B.Sc, M.Sc, and other graphic design degrees are only a few examples. In addition to other topics, students can pursue specialisations in visual design subjects like design and animation. The following are some specialisations in graphic design degree courses:
- B.Des in Graphic Design
- M.Des in Graphic Design
- BA in Graphic Design
- MA in Graphic Design
Eligibility to Pursue Graphic Design Courses in India
If you’re wondering how to become a graphic designer, you must assess your eligibility to pursue graphic design as a career option. Overall, applicants must have completed or be enrolled in at least a 10+2 course in any field (Science, Commerce, or Arts) to enrol in graphic design courses or appear for the entrance tests. Different universities set varying percentages for the 10+2 exam. Candidates with scores equal to or higher than that are eligible for admission.
Graphic Design Degree Courses
Graphic design is frequently offered as part of a degree programme or certificate programme. Numerous design courses are available, including fashion, interior design, web and multimedia, animation, and even industrial design. Each discipline has its own subfields of study.
Diploma-level Graphic Design Courses in India
- Undergraduate Integrated Graphic and Digital Design
- Graduate Diploma in Graphic Design
- Graduate Diploma in Graphic and Web Designing
- Advanced Diploma in Graphic Design
- Advanced Diploma in 3D Animation
- Advanced Diploma in Animation and Multimedia
- Post-graduate Diploma in Fashion Communication
- Diploma in Media Graphics and Animation
- Diploma in 2D Animation
Bachelor-level Graphic Design Courses in India
- Bachelor of Design in Graphics (BDes)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA in Graphic Design)
- Bachelor of Design in Animation Design
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Design in Communication Design
- Bachelor of Science in Animation and Multimedia
Master-level Graphic Design Courses in India
- Master of Design in Graphics (MDes)
- Master of Art (MA in Graphic Design)
- Master of Design in Animation Design
- Master of Science (MSc) in Graphic Design
- Master of Design in Communication Design
Master of Science in Animation and Multimedia
Other Certificate Courses in Graphic Design
- Certificate course in Computer Graphics
- 2D Graphic Design
- 3D Graphic Design
- Certificate course in Basic Graphic Design
- Certificate course in 3D Modeling and Animation
- 3D Animation and VFX Plus
Best Graphic Design Colleges in India
Pearl Academy, Mumbai
- Admission: Pearl Academy offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Design, Business, Fashion & Media, and other fields. Admission to these courses is based on the results of entrance exams such as the Pearl Academy Entrance Test/ NATA (for UG)/ MAT/ CAT.
- Fee: The tuition fee cost for graphic design courses ranges between ₹3 and ₹7 lakhs.
- Placement: The institution offers a salary package ranging from ₹12 to ₹15 lakhs per annum.
Lovely Professional University
- Admission: This university offers a wide range of courses in design, fine arts, biology, engineering, management, and many others.
- Fees: The tuition fee costs between ₹3 and ₹8 lakhs.
- Placement: The institution offers placement packages ranging from ₹2 to ₹4 lakhs per annum.
Institute of Design, MIT ADTU
- Admission: MIT Institute of Design, a constituent of MIT ADTU, conducts MITID DAT to shortlist candidates for admission to various BDes and MDes programmes.
- Fees: The tuition fees for BDes and MDes are ₹12.8 lakhs and ₹6.5 lakhs, respectively.
- Placement: MIT Institute of Design places all its graduates in top MNCs such as Amazon, Honeywell, IBM, L&T, Tata Motors, Cognizant, and others.
Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune
- Admission: The university offers a full-time undergraduate program in design (BDes) with specialisation options in Graphic Design, Animation Film Design, Fashion Design and Interior Space Design.
- Fees: The graphic design course fees for the BDes program ranges between ₹16.2 lakhs to ₹17 lakhs.
- Placement: Numerous businesses visit the institute for recruitment purposes, and some organisations are ADP, SAS, Hexaware, Craft Design, InfoStretch, Deloitte, etc.
National Institute of Design, NID Ahmedabad
- Admission: The college offers design courses such as B.Des and MDes; admission is through entrance exams, with NID DAT and DRT exams accepted.
- Fees: The tuition fee for graphic design courses range between ₹5.79 and ₹7.54 lakhs.
- Placement: The National Institute of Design offers high placement packages ranging from ₹22 to ₹23 lakhs per annum to its design graduates.
Also read: How to choose an undergraduate college in India?
National Institute of Fashion Technology, NIFT Delhi
- Admission: The National Institute of Fashion Technology is one of India's top graphic design colleges. It is popular for management and technology courses and offers nearly 31 courses in graphic design, including BSc and certificate programs.
- Fees: The tuition fee for a graphic design course is approximately ₹1 lakh.
- Placement: During the NIFT Delhi placements 2019, the highest and average packages offered were ₹11 lakhs per annum and ₹5.5 lakhs per annum, respectively.
G.D Goenka School of Fashion and Design
- Admission: UID Design Aptitude Test is the entrance exam accepted for admission to the United world Institute of Design (UID-DAT), also known as G.D Goenka School. The final decision is made based on the portfolio submission and personal interview.
- Fees: The total tuition fee for a four-year-long BDes programme ranges from 20 lakhs to 30 lakhs.
- Placement: The highest and lowest packages offered during UID, GD Goenka University placements 2022 were ₹17.55 lakhs per annum and ₹3 lakhs per annum, respectively. Adobe, Capgemini, Tech Mahindra, Grofers, Wipro, Berger Paints, and others were among the top recruiters at UID, GD Goenka University.
Other Graphic Design Colleges in India
- IIFA Multimedia, Bengaluru
- New Delhi YMCA
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
- Ellen College of Design, Jaipur
- BSD - Bangalore School of Design
- Indian Institute of Art and Design, Delhi
- SAGE University, Indore
- Avantika University, Ujjain
Students can attend graphic design courses in several ways, including online via distance learning or in a traditional classroom setting, giving students a wide range of options. A graphic design course can help you achieve your goals, whether you're looking for new skills, professional development, or to advance in your career.
Design courses are excellent for advancing your career. Numerous universities in India offer a degree in Graphic Designing, with varying curriculum and scheduling options (i.e., online, distance learning, or classroom-based). You may also sign up for a B.Des course that provides Sunstone’s benefits.
Sign up now!