IBSAT, short for IBS Aptitude Test, is a national level entrance exam conducted by the ICFAI (Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India) Foundation for Higher Education (deemed to be a university). Through this entrance exam, you can obtain admission into MBA/PGPM programmes.
The notification for the commencement of IBSAT 2021 registrations was released on June 25, earlier, IBSAT 2021 registration was scheduled to commence from July 1. The scores you obtain in the IBSAT will be accepted by nine ICFAI Business Schools (IBS), namely IBS Hyderabad, IBS Mumbai, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Pune, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Kolkata, IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Jaipur and IBS Dehradun.
The results of IBSAT 2021 will be declared in the first week of January 2022. Those who qualify will undergo a selection-briefing round which will be conducted from January 8, 2021, onwards, before appearing for the final selection rounds, including the group discussion (GD) and a personal interview (PI) round.
IBSAT is a two-hour computer-based test (CBT) comprising multiple-choice questions (MCQs). IBSAT 2021 IBSAT is a computer-based test that is generally conducted over a window of two days in December.
Registration for IBSAT 2021, conducted by the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (deemed to be a university under Section 3 of UGC act 1956) commenced on July 6, 2021, through online mode. The registration form can be filled till December 16, 2021, and the exam is scheduled to be held on December 25 and 26, 2021 in computer-based mode. Last year, the exam was conducted in an online proctored mode, or the internet-based test (IBT) mode to avoid public gatherings as a response measure to the pandemic.
IBSAT Important Dates
Provided below are the tentative dates of IBSAT 2021 for important events.
|IBSAT 2021 registrations start||July 6, 2021||The registration process is online and is done through the official website|
|Last date of application||December 16, 2021||Candidates cannot apply beyond this date|
|Mock test 2021||August 10 to September 30, 2021||Candidates must appear for the national mock test to familiarise themselves with the exam pattern|
|Admit card release||To be announced||Candidates can download the admit card online by logging in with their application credentials|
|IBSAT 2021 exam||December 25 and 26, 2021||Will be held in online proctored mode|
|Result declaration||First week of January, 2022||IBSAT scorecards will be available on the official website|
|Selection briefings||January 8-16, 2022||IBS conducts briefing sessions for shortlisted students regarding GD-PI and admission|
|Selection process||February/March 2022||GD-PI rounds to be conducted for shortlisted candidates|
IBSAT Eligibility Criteria
You would be required to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to apply for the exam:
- You must have a bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, in any discipline with a minimum aggregate of 50 per cent
- Those who don't meet the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation need to submit their TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score
- If you are in your final year of graduation, you can apply
- If you have a valid score of GMAT, CAT and NMAT by GMAC need not appear for IBSAT and can apply for direct admission
The registration form can be filled till December 16, 2021, and the exam is scheduled to be held on December 25 and 26, 2021 in computer-based mode.
The admission process for the exam includes five stages — filling the application form, issuing of admit card, the exam, declaration of result and selection process for shortlisted candidates. The following are the steps to fill your application form:
Step 1: IBSAT 2021 application form
The first step of the admission process is to fill the application form. You have to fill the application form within the slated time, as there would not be any provision for submitting the IBSAT 2021 application forms once the deadline has passed by. IBS aspirants can apply for the IBSAT 2021 exam online. The application process starts with the creation of your login ID, password and will end with paying the application fee of Rs. 1,800. The exam is conducted in multiple cities across the country.
Step 2: IBSAT 2021 admit card
IBSAT 2021 admit card/hall ticket will be issued only to those who have registered. Without the hall ticket, no applicant will be allowed to enter the exam centre. Your admit card will be available online on the official website. To download the hall ticket, key in the registration number, date of birth and password.
Documents required for IBSAT 2021
- Make sure that you have a valid email address, telephone number, and residential address before you apply. These cannot be changed throughout the admission process.
- You should keep handy the mark sheets of X, XII, graduation, and any other professional qualification which might be required during the registration process.
IBSAT Exam Pattern 2021
The exam pattern comprises four sections — Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability and Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation. Section-wise distribution of questions is provided below:
|Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation||30|
Important Points for Test Takers
If you plan on taking the online, computer-based exam, with a test duration of two hours on both exam days, you need to bear the following pointers in mind:
- Exam difficulty level: Easy to moderate
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Number of options for answers: 4
- Section split: Only exam with Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension as separate sections
- Maximum weightage section: Verbal Ability with 50 MCQs; all others have 30 MCQs each
- Negative marking: No
- Sectional time limit: No specific time limit for different sections. You can switch from one section to another within the overall time limit of two hours
- Scoring pattern: No marks for a question that was not attempted or wrong answer, +1 mark for each correct answer.
The exam syllabus is designed to measure your ability in:
- Quantitative techniques
- Data interpretation
- Data adequacy
- Analytical reasoning
- Reading comprehension.
The syllabus consists of all important topics that are covered in other national MBA entrance exams such as CAT, XAT, NMAT, MAT, ATMA.
IBSAT Admit Card
The admit card for IBSAT 2021 will be issued only to those who have registered. Without the hall ticket, you will not be allowed to enter the exam centre. IBSAT 2021 admit card can be downloaded from the official website. To download the hall ticket, all you need to do is provide your registration number, date of birth and password.
IBSAT Preparation Tips
IBSAT is a speed-based test and you need to solve 140 questions within two hours. Keeping this in mind, you should chalk out a preparation timeline to not miss out on essential topics from the syllabus. It would be in your best interest to shortlist and refer to the best books for preparation and sample papers from the last five years along with online mock tests. Abiding by the following tips while preparing for the exam, you can really boost your chances of qualifying:
1. Take your time with the syllabus and allot three to four months for adequate preparation of the syllabus for the exam
2. Keep a check on your preparation by regularly trying your hand at the sample papers
3. You should ideally read each topic included in the syllabus and simultaneously create short notes on them to ease the revision process
4. Rather than randomly preparing on the topics, devise and follow a systematic plan that will help you complete the syllabus
5. Discuss all your doubts with fellow peers to clarify them, this will help your peers as well
Schedule of IBSAT 2021 Result
|Events||Dates - February Session|
|Exam date||December 25-26, 2021|
|Declaration of IBSAT result 2021||First week of January 2022|
How to check IBSAT Result
You can check your result from the official website of ICFAI Business School. At the time of checking the result, you will be required to use your login credentials. In order to avoid any error, you may refer to the following steps.
Step 1 - Visit the official website of ICFAI Business School
ICFAI Business School will release the results for the exam in online mode on its official website, in the first week of January tentatively.
Step 2 - Now enter your application number for IBSAT 2021 and password, then click on the 'Login' tab
After visiting the official website, candidates need to click on the link which says 'IBSAT 2021 result'. After clicking on the result tab, you will be redirected to a new page where you are required to enter your application number and password.
Step 3 - List of qualified candidates will be displayed on the computer screen
After entering the login details, you will reach the results page for IBSAT 2021. A list of candidates who passed the exam will be displayed on the screen; congratulations in advance if you find your name on that list!
Step 4 - Download the results for IBSAT 2021 and take a print-out of it for future reference
Candidates are advised to download the result list and take a print-out of the same for future reference. On the basis of the results of CAT 2021, candidates will be called for further rounds.
Details mentioned on IBSAT result 2021
After downloading your result, we recommend you check whether the following details are mentioned or not. If you find any discrepancy or error in your result, you would have to contact the authorities at the earliest.
- Your name
- Your roll number
- Your registration/ application number for IBSAT 2021
- Marks scored in the exam
- IBSAT 2021 rank
IBSAT Test Centres