5000+ students unlocked their dream job with Sunstone. Apply Now.
Bangalore is regarded as the silicon valley of India and one of the fastest-growing city in the world. With exceptional technology advancements and organisations situated in Bangalore, this city is right at the heart of India’s corporate world. Bangalore is also regarded as the IT capital of India because of the role in leading the export of information technology to the world
For many, MBA is the key to opening a successful career in the corporate sector. This is the primary reason why students from diverse academic backgrounds opt for MBA. For many of these students, MBA in Bangalore is one of the top choices, Bangalore, popularly known as "Silicon Valley of India," is one of the popular destinations amongst MBA aspirants all across India. As there are numerous MBA colleges in Bangalore, students often find it confusing to choose the best. In this article, we shall explore and compare different Bangalore MBA colleges and will help you choose the best MBA colleges in Bangalore for you; we shall also explore different aspects of the best colleges in Bangalore for MBA like fee structure, specialization offered, campus placement, etc. and colleges near me.
MBA Colleges in Bangalore accepting CAT
Most MBA colleges in Bangalore accept the CAT score. Some of the prominent ones are- IIM Bangalore, TAPMI Manipal, SDMIMD Mysore, JAGSOM Bangalore and XIME Bangalore.
MBA Colleges in Bangalore accepting MAT and CMAT
Most MBA colleges in Bangalore accept MAT and CMAT scores.
MBA Specializations Offered By MBA Colleges in Bangalore
Many students who opt for MBA often find it confusing to choose from various streams on offer in MBA; MBA universities in Bangalore offer different specializations for pursuing an MBA. When choosing an MBA specialization, there is no one size fits all as different specializations are tailored for different individuals with different career aspirations and skill sets. Below is the list of MBA specializations offered by MBA institutes in Bangalore.
- MBA in Marketing - focuses on imparting knowledge and skills to students to match consumer needs with a company's marketing strategies.
- MBA Finance - focuses on planning and controlling the financial assets of a company.
- MBA in Human Resource Management - imparts skills and knowledge to manage the human resources of the company. The course comprises recruiting, training, and team building. You will also be taught superior communication skills that are necessary to operate in a company.
- MBA in IT - management focuses on all company IT assets, like hardware, software, data, and data facilities. The course is structured to effectively manage the planning, design, selection of the new tech.
- MBA business analytics - teaches students how to strategize business based on data. Students learn the processing of data to solve problems and make strategies.
- MBA Operations - this teaches students to manage efficiently the production and distribution of goods and services produced by the organization.
- MBA Logistics and Supply chain - this field deals with controlling the flow and storage of goods and services from the production to the consumer.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Colleges In Bangalore
Though the eligibility criteria may vary from one college to another, below is the basic criteria followed by most management (PGDM/MBA) colleges in Bangalore -
- Candidates must have completed graduation from a recognized university or an equivalent course from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% overall score in graduation to be eligible for MBA ( For students of reserved category, the minimum score is 45%)
- Students who are in the final year of their graduation can also apply for MBA, provided they complete their graduation within the MBA institute's time.
Selection Process for MBA Admissions In Bangalore
Securing a seat in an MBA college can prove to be quite challenging. However, you can overcome this challenge by being thoroughly aware of all the requirements for getting into an MBA in Bangalore. The most crucial step in securing admission is to clear an entrance or eligibility exam. There are various entrance tests conducted all across India to check the eligibility of candidates wishing to secure a seat in an MBA college. Let us make a step by step procedure for securing admission into MBA in Bangalore -
Firstly, students wishing to secure a seat in MBA college Bangalore need to apply for various entrance tests like CAT/XAT/CMAT, etc., to check their eligibility for admission into MBA PGDM. Some institutes and universities conduct their separate entrance tests for admission into their MBA courses.
Secondly, students have to appear for the entrance test for which they have applied. After checking out the result, they must check the cut-off list of various institutes and apply accordingly. After that, they would be invited by colleges to submit their exam marks, academic background, and work experience.
Lastly, students need to appear for an interview, written entrance tests, and group discussion that institutes conduct to assess the applicants' skills. Based on these tests, students are invited for the admission process where they are required to submit all the requisite documents along with the fee.
Let us have a look at a few of the MBA entrance tests, which can help you secure a seat in Bangalore top MBA colleges -
- KMAT - It is a test conducted by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Associations (KPPGCA). It is one of the most popular exams to get a seat in Bangalore colleges for MBA. It can help you secure admission into more than 169 AICTE colleges in Bangalore and all across Karnataka. It can help you secure a seat in some of the best MBA colleges in Bangalore like the Indian Institute of Plantation Management, Bangalore and Regional College of Management, Bangalore,
- MAT - Stands for Management Aptitude Test, is a national level test conducted by AIMA to check eligibility for students for various MBA institutes. Many MBA institutes in Bangalore also admit students based upon their MAt score . Some of these colleges are CMS Business School, Jain (Deemed To Be University) etc.
- CAT - Common Aptitude Test is also a national level test conducted to check eligibility of students seeking admission into MBA colleges. B schools in Bangalore that accept CAT scores are IIM, Bangalore, Christ University, Bangalore, IIFM Business School, etc.
These are the three most popular entrance test for MBA admission in Bangalore, beside these there are other exams through which one can score a seat in an MBA college are -
- Karnataka PGCET
MBA Colleges in Bangalore
To get into the top B-schools in Bangalore, one has to follow a few simple steps. Mostly all B-schools in the country accept an online application, and the process is straightforward and hassle-free.
- Firstly, candidates wishing to get admitted into B-schools have to register and apply for various exams like CAT/MAT/IIFT/NMAT. National level entrance tests have a limited time frame to apply, whereas other institutions have their admission tests application process.
- Secondly, you have to appear for the relevant entrance test. After the result has been declared, B-schools shortlist candidates according to their cutoff. After that, candidates are invited to the next step in which their exam score, academic background, and working experience are taken into account.
- The final step contains group discussion, written ability test, and personal interview. Based on the above tests, the final merit list is declared to invite candidates to pay the fees and submit documents. Some B-schools also offer direct admission to applicants; you have to apply on the college website and wait for communication from the institution. Usually, these admissions are based on merit/group discussion/WAT/personal interview.
There are a lot of Management institutes offering MBA courses in Bangalore. Students can choose from various MBA colleges in Bangalore according to the specialization offered and the fee structure. The fee structure of various colleges in Bangalore depends on various factors.
Study Scope After MBA
The Indian Industry for a long time has suffered due to the absence of the right skill set in management professionals, but the scenario has changed in the last few years. The industry is hiring professionals holding MBA degrees even from low fee MBA colleges to assume leadership positions, improving the business and industrial growth over students from big B school names. However, your MBA journey doesn’t have to end there, you can go for further education in the field of your choice.
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
A chartered financial analyst (CFA) is a globally-recognized professional designation given by the CFA Institute, (formerly the AIMR (Association for Investment Management and Research)), that measures and certifies the competence and integrity of financial analysts. Candidates are required to pass three levels of exams covering areas, such as accounting, economics, ethics, money management, and security analysis.
- Financial Risk Manager
Financial Risk Manager (FRM) is a professional designation issued by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). The GARP FRM accreditation is globally recognized as the premier certification for financial risk professionals dealing in financial markets. FRMs possess specialized knowledge in assessing risk and typically work for major banks, insurance companies, accounting firms, regulatory agencies, and asset management firms.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) refers to a designation issued by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). The designation is the global standard for professionals who have a career in information systems, in particular, auditing, control, and security. CISA holders demonstrate to employers that they have the knowledge, technical skills, and proficiency to meet the dynamic challenges facing modern organizations.
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance
The Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) is one of the latest certifications offered by the IIA, or the Institute of Internal Auditors. The CRMA certificate was introduced in 2013.As the name suggests, the certification covers the skills required for a professional to educate and counsel management and audit committees on risk management concepts. In short, the focus is on “risk” and “risk management.”
- Project Management Professional
Project Management Professionals are imperative in every industry. The demand is in terms of the skill requirements which vary between different industries and geographies. As per 2014 survey report by PMI, there will be huge opportunities for practitioners of Project Management. As companies recruit people from various cultural backgrounds, the need for project managers with a standardized set of skills increases. These project managers would be expected to undertake projects on system reorganizations, turn strategic vision into tangible goals, and ensure effective and agreed outcomes, while balancing various project constraints.
Job Profiles to Choose After MBA in Bangalore City
Job opportunities after pursuing an MBA are numerous and much varied. MBA affords you an excellent opportunity to pursue a career not just in the corporate field but also in various government agencies. Let us have a look at various career opportunities available to candidates who have pursued an MBA -
- Banking and Finance - is one of the most respected and sought-after sectors to work for, which offers tremendous growth opportunities and offers stability. There are jobs available in both the private and public sectors. To secure a job in the public sector, you will be required to clear recruitment exams conducted by different banks. Students can find jobs in insurance companies, security firms, and financial organizations like JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, etc.
- Entrepreneurship - For many students who do not wish to tread the beaten path of working in the corporate sector, entrepreneurship offers an excellent alternative. MBA inculcates within the student's various soft skills that help in the establishment of the business.
- Data Analytics - It has emerged as one of the leading fields in the market, which offers tremendous growth opportunities. A data analyst's job is to study and make sense of data that could be useful for business organizations. Many sectors like e-commerce, retail, banking, etc have great demand for data analysts.
- Management Consulting - Primarily, a management consultant's role is to solve organizational and management issues within a company. A management consultant is expected to be an efficient problem solver who can also infuse ideas within the organization.
- Investment Banking - An investment banker helps companies raise capital by connecting them to willing investors. Many companies that hire suitable candidates as investment bankers are Bank of America Continuum, Motilal Oswal, SBI Capital Markets etc.
Bangalore - Cost of Living As An MBA Student
Your overall cost of living in Bangalore will be dependent on various factors. Your overall cost will depend upon these various factors, which is dependent upon the choice you make. Let us have a look at a few of these crucial aspects
Rent for Accommodation
1 BHK Apartment
Rs 11,000 to Rs. 18,000
2 BHK Apartment
Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 26,000
You can also opt for accommodation in a hostel which various management institutes offer.
You can opt for a monthly bus pass which can cost you around 1k. If you choose to travel by cab, it will prove to be costlier.
You can procure groceries for a month for Rs 3000 approx for a single individual.Nowadays, you can also order online through various online platforms.
If you want help with your daily domestic chores, you can choose to hire a housemaid, which will cost you around 2k for a month.
Provided above is the basic outlay for the cost of living in Bangalore. There might be added expenses on entertainment, leisure, medical expenses, etc
Top MBA Colleges by Location
FAQs about MBA in Bangalore
What is the scope of an MBA?
What is the lowest average MBA fee of the colleges in Bangalore?