5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
An MCA degree will prepare you for a job in computer science by providing you with advanced theoretical and practical expertise. An MCA degree's curriculum is fairly similar to that of a BCA degree, however, it is more focused on software engineering and computer application development.
So, if you want to work in the IT business, an MCA degree may offer you the advanced skills and knowledge required to thrive in this fast-increasing profession. Furthermore, an MCA degree might help you develop your work and earn excellent pay.
Eligibility For MCA After BCom
The minimal qualifying requirements for an MCA course after BCom are as below.
- You must have obtained a minimum of 50% overall in the qualifying examination.
- You must have a BCom in Mathematics at the 10+2 or graduate level from a recognised institution.
- A candidate in their last year of graduation may also apply for the MCA course if they have received at least 50% in aggregate up to the last semester.
MCA Admissions Procedure
Admission to the MCA program is done via entrance tests as well as on a merit basis. Admission to the MCA program is based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination. However, some universities assign weightage to the grades obtained in Mathematics at the 10+2 or graduate levels. For example, Delhi University gives 60% weightage to qualifying examination results and 40% weightage to Mathematics grades at the 10+2 or degree level.
MCA Course Details
The Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme is a postgraduate computer application programme. Depending on the university curriculum, MCA course duration after BCom lasts two or three years and is split into four or six semesters. Data structures, programming, database management systems, software engineering, computer networks, and other subjects are covered in the MCA course curriculum.
Career Options After MCA
MCA grads have a lot of opportunities in India. With the increased usage of computers and technology, talented computer experts are in great demand. MCA graduates may find work in a variety of fields, including software development, IT, web development, and others.
MCA graduates may find work in a variety of IT firms, including Infosys, IBM, Wipro, and others. They may also get work in other industries such as finance and banking. MCA graduates may also pursue further degrees such as a Ph.D. in computer science and other fields. So, if you want to pursue a career in computer science, MCA is a fantastic option.
The MCA degree offers a variety of specialisations. The following are some of the most common MCA speciality areas.
- MCA Analytics of Data: It is a speciality that focuses on the ideas and applications of data analytics. Machine learning, data mining, data visualisation, and other subjects are covered in the course curriculum.
- MCA Cloud Computing: It is a speciality that focuses on the ideas and applications of cloud computing. The course curriculum includes virtualization, distributed systems, cloud security, cloud storage and other subjects.
- MCA In Cyber Security: It is a speciality that focuses on the ideas and applications of cyber security. Network security, cryptography, database security, and other subjects are covered in the course curriculum.
- MCA In Software Development: It is a speciality that focuses on the concepts and applications of software development. Object-oriented programming, software engineering and other subjects are covered in the course curriculum.
- MCA in Management Information System: It is a speciality that focuses on the concepts and applications of management information systems. Database administration, systems analysis and design, and other subjects are covered in the course curriculum.
- MCA in Mobile Computing: It is a speciality that focuses on the ideas and applications of mobile computing. Mobile apps, wireless networks and other subjects are covered in the course curriculum.
Sunstone is a leading higher education services provider that works with academic institutions in upskilling students for employability. Sunstone offers career-oriented training interventions for undergraduate and postgraduate students at 30+ institutions across 25 cities.
Sunstone’s training programs are industry endorsed to enhance employability. These programs are designed for hybrid delivery with an unparalleled focus on soft skills and personality development. Sunstone’s focus is to provide students with a holistic educational experience.
FAQs - MCA after BCom
Can we join MCA after BCom?
Yes, you may pursue an MCA program after finishing your BCom. The applicant must have a bachelor's degree in business, science, engineering, or an equivalent degree from a recognised university or institute to be eligible for MCA.
Can I do an MCA after BCom without Maths?
Yes, however you must pass specific examinations if you want to study at a prestigious institution or university. To study BCA, you must have a minimum of 50% in your 12th grade (in any subject).
Is MCA or MBA better after BCom?
MCA and MBA are both solid degrees that may lead to good careers. However, these are distinct disciplines. MCA is a good choice if you are a technology enthusiast or have an interest in software and programming. As a result, it is a better option to further your career in the IT field.
Which is the best MCA college after BCom?
The best MCA college after BCom is NIT Trichy.
How to prepare for the MCA exam?
To prepare for the MCA exam, one must be primarily proficient in Higher Maths. Some institutions' exam syllabi additionally include Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, Test of Reasoning, and General Knowledge.