An MBA degree has become required for career advancement in top management firms. The University Grant Commission (UGC) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) recognise the best distance-learning MBA in India offered by IGNOU, LPU, Symbiosis, and others.
Applicants in this distance MBA programme are not required to attend regular classes. Hence, they can smoothly manage their professional lives while undertaking a distance MBA course.
Top 10 Distance MBAs in India
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Global Access School for Continuing Education (NGA-SCE)
- Courses: NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education offers a two-year distance PGDBM programme with ten specialisations at the post-graduate level. These programmes include PGD-Business Management, PGD-Marketing Management, PGD-Financial Management, etc.
- Tuition Fee: The total fee for a two-year-long diploma is ₹62,000.
- Placement: The top recruiters at NMIMS are Hero MotoCorp Ltd, HCL, Gartner, Monster.com, Nisum Consulting Pvt Ltd, TTEC, Teleperformance, Thermofisher Scientific, TVS Motor, and Accenture.
Institute of Management Technology, Centre for Distance Learning
- Courses: IMT offers online diplomas like PGD–Business Administration, PGD–Human Resource Management, PGD–Marketing Management, PGD–Financial Management and PGD–Material and Supply Chain Management.
- Tuition Fee: The total fee for a one-year-long diploma is ₹62,000. On the other hand, the tuition fee for a two-year-long PGDP is ₹1 lakh.
- Placement: Reliance Asset Reconstruction Company Limited, Accenture, Allahabad Bank, Amazon, American Express, Bharti Airtel, BioMedix Optotechnik & Devices Pvt. Ltd, Housejoy, Fervent Global LLP, and others are among the top recruiters at ICT, Centre for Distance Learning.
Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning
- Courses: The Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning offers two-year-long diplomas like PGD-Business Administration (2 yrs) with specialisations in Finance; Marketing; Operations; HR; etc. The institute also provides one-year distance learning like PGD Human Resource Management, PGD Insurance Management, PGD Retail Management etc.
- Tuition Fee: The total fee for a post-graduate diploma that lasts two years ranges from ₹30,000 to ₹36,000. On the other hand, the tuition fee for a two-year-long PGD ranges from ₹18,000 to ₹22,000, depending on the specialisation.
- Placement: Every year, companies such as Aramex, Bosch Ltd, Capital, Euro Kids, IN, NIIT, TCS, Reliance Retail, Wills Lifestyle, Wipro, and BPOs come to the college to provide placement assistance.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Courses: Besides the distance learning MBA program, the post-graduate diplomas offered at IGNOU are PGDM, PGD-HRM, PGD-Financial Management, PGD-Operations Management, PGD-Marketing Management and PGD-Financial Markets Practice.
- Tuition Fee: The tuition fee for a distance MBA at IGNOU ranges from ₹31,500 to ₹37,500. On the other hand, the one-year-long diplomas cost ₹1,500 per course.
- Placement: Several companies, including Reliance Life Insurance, Radical Minds Technologies, Aegon Life Insurance, Aegis Services Pvt. Ltd., Aviva India, and Quikr, hire students from IGNOU.
Prin LN Welingkar Institute of Management
- Courses: The institute offers a post-graduate diploma in management with a specialisation in Marketing Management; Finance Management; Human Resource Management; Retail Management Operations Management; Supply Chain Management; Business Administration; E-Business; International Business; Banking, Investment and Insurance. Students also have the option of choosing a dual specialisation course.
- Tuition Fee: The total fee for a post-graduate diploma that lasts two years ranges is ₹60,000 without Personal Contact Program (PCP) fees. However, the tuition fee for a PGDM with PCP fees is ₹64,000.
- Placement: The top recruiting firms at the Welingkar Institute were Accenture, Mahindra, PwC, Wipro, Reliance, Pidilite, Morgan Stanley, Dell, ICICI Bank, Naukri.com, Ernst & Young, and Hindustan Unilever Limited.
Must read: How to choose an MBA college?
Amity University (Distance Learning)
- Courses: AMITY University offers an MBA correspondence and a Master’s degree in Finance Management. The university also provides post-graduate diplomas in Business Management, Marketing Management; Finance Management; Human Resource Management; Retail Management, Insurance Management, etc.
- Tuition Fee: The total fee for a one-year-long post-graduate diploma is ₹64,700. The tuition fee for an MBA through distance learning is ₹1.27 lakhs. However, the tuition fee for a Master of Finance management is ₹1.13 lakhs.
- Placement: Top hiring firms such as Accenture, Solaris Information, Citi Mall, Allsec Technologies, and VMS India Mart, among many others, participated in the AMITY University placements drive 2022.
- Courses: The university offers MBA distance education with programs such as MBA, MBA (E-Business), MBA (International Business), MBA (Human Resource Management) and MBA (Marketing Management).
- Tuition Fee: The total fee for an MBA correspondence is ₹57,050.
- Placement: Wipro, Capgemini, Vivaan Tech And Business Solutions Pvt Ltd, Episource, Chennai, Tech Mahindra, and Pentagon Space were among the recruiting firms at Annamalai University.
MIT School of Distance Education, Hyderabad
- Courses: The MIT School of Distance Education offers a post-graduate diploma (PGD) in Business administration which lasts for two years. It also offers a post-graduate diploma PGD) in Energy Management which lasts for one year.
- Tuition Fee: The total fee for a PGD in Business administration is ₹55,000. On the other hand, the total cost for a PGD in Energy Management is ₹35,000.
- Placement: ACC Limited, ACCENTURE, CTS, Global Services, GODREJ, HCL, HSBC, IBM, and Idea Cellular Services are among the recruiting firms at Annamalai University.
Suresh Gyan Vihar University
- Courses: The university is among the MBA correspondence colleges which offer distance MBA in Marketing Management, MBA in Hospital Management, MBA in Operation and Production Management and MBA in International Marketing.
- Tuition Fee: The total fee for an MBA correspondence at Suresh Gyan Vihar University is ₹98,500.
- Placement: The average starting salary offered to MBA graduates in Marketing Management was ₹3.9 lakhs per annum.
Lovely Professional University (LPU), Distance Education
- Courses: Similar to the best distance MBA in India, LPU offers an MBA correspondence that requires an undergraduate degree in any discipline.
- Tuition Fee: The total fee for the distance learning MBA at Lovely Professional University is ₹98,500.
- Placement: The top hiring firms at the LPU placement cell are Capgemini, L&T, Wipro, DXC Technology, Highradius, etc.
The best MBA colleges in India offer flexible and cost-effective choices for studying management in several specialisations.