The first and foremost consideration in choosing an MBA College is the rankings of the top B schools in India. The top MBA colleges in India are the Indian Institutes of Management in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Delhi, Kozhikode, Lucknow, and Indore. Experts rely on criteria such as facilities, courses, placements, research, and other factors to determine and create a list of top MBA colleges in India.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework considers five factors such as graduation rate, research and professional practices, teaching and learning resources, and overall impression of the institution. With the help of the above criteria and consideration, our team curated a list of top MBA colleges in India with fees to guide students on various Indian campuses offering a traditional Master of Business Administration.
List of top MBA colleges and universities in India
Indian Institute of Management, IIM Ahmedabad
- Admission: IIM Ahmedabad is among the best colleges for an MBA across the nation. IIMA admission committee shortlists candidates based on the Common Aptitude Test (CAT)/GMAT, followed by an Analytical Writing Test (AWT) and personal interviews.
- Course Fees: Getting an MBA from IIM Ahmedabad can cost around ₹23 Lakhs. The Executive MBA is a one-year long programme, and it costs ₹30 lakhs.
- Placements: Top recruiters at IIM Ahmedabad include Accenture, HSBC, Nokia, Morgan Stanley, Pepsico, PWC, Nestle, Coca-Cola, Goldman Sachs, and Microsoft. MBA graduates from IIM Ahmedabad were offered salaries in the range of ₹12,00,000 to ₹27,82,235.
Indian Institute of Management, IIM Bangalore
- Admission: Students must take and pass the CAT/GMAT for acceptance to MBA courses at IIM Bangalore. The institute shortlists candidates based on their performance in the Scholastic Achievement, Work Experience, Writing Ability Test, and Personal Interview.
- Course Fees: MBA tuition fees range from ₹19 Lakhs to ₹28.80 Lakhs at IIM Bangalore, depending on the specialisations.
- Placements: The average package offered by IIM Bangalore in 2022 was ₹33,82,000. The consulting sector employed the highest percentage of M.B.A students (42%).
Indian Institute of Management, IIM Calcutta
- Admission: The Common Admission Test (CAT) score determines acceptance to the MBA programme at IIM Calcutta, which is followed by a Personal Interview and Group Discussion.
- Course Fees: The total IIM Calcutta MBA programme fee is ₹27,00,000.
- Placements: Amazon, Google, Aditya Birla Group, Capgemini, Deloitte, Ernst Young, HCL Technologies, Hindustan Unilever Limited, ICICI Bank, and many more participate in the IIM Calcutta placement drive. In 2021, the average salary offered to MBA graduates was ₹28.49 lakhs per year.
Indian Institute of Management, IIM Kozhikode
- Admission: Students wishing to enrol in any postgraduate management programmes at IIM Kozhikode must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum aggregate of 60% and a valid CAT score.
- Course Fees: The total fees for postgraduate management programmes range between ₹19 lakhs and ₹22 lakhs, depending on the course specialisation.
- Placements: During placements in 2022, the median salary offered to management graduates was ₹26.5 LPA. In 2022, the average and highest salaries increased by more than 30% when compared to previous years.
Indian Institute of Management, IIM Indore
- Admission: IIM Indore considers Academic records, CAT scores, Written Ability Tests, and Personal Interviews to determine PGPM admissions at IIM Indore.
- Course Fees: The total tuition fees for PGPM courses are ₹16,10,000.
- Placements: During placements in 2022, the average salary offered to students was ₹25,01,000 per year. Top recruiters at IIM Indore include HCL Technologies, Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, SAP India, Flipkart, HDFC, Infosys, and others.
Indian Institute of Management, IIM Lucknow
- Admission: The Indian Institute of Management Lucknow offers MBA admissions based on the student's performance in the CAT entrance examination.
- Course Fees: The tuition cost for a two-year-long MBA is ₹19,05,000. The specialisation chosen by the students determines the fees for other courses.
- Placements: In 2022, the average salary offered to MBA graduates was ₹26 lakhs. Top recruiters at IIM Lucknow include Deloitte, Cognizant, OLA, Cipla, BYJU, Infosys, Puma, and others.
Xavier School of Management, XLRI Jamshedpur
- Admission: The Xavier School of Management is among the best MBA colleges in India. Candidates must take the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) before applying for MBA admission, followed by a personal interview and group discussion.
- Course Fees: The fees for PGDM Business Management and PGDM Human Resource Management at XLRI are ₹25.80 lakhs.
- Placements: The XLRI Jamshedpur average package and highest package offered during the XLRI Jamshedpur PGDM placement 2022 were ₹30.7 and ₹60 lakhs per annum, respectively.
Faculty of Management Science, FMS Delhi
- Admission: Aspirants must take the CAT entrance exam for acceptance to an MBA program. The institute also holds group discussions and personal interviews during the admission process.
- Course Fees: An MBA programme costs ₹20,960 in tuition. A one-year Executive MBA, on the other hand, costs ₹1 lakh.
- Placements: Several companies have visited the campus for placement drives, including Airtel, Accenture, Axis Bank, Aditya Birla Group, Bain and Company, HCL, and Myntra, to name a few. During 2021 placements, the average compensation for the top 100 students at FMS was ₹31.8 Lakhs.
GD Goenka University (GDGU), Gurgaon
- Admission: GDGU offers a two-year full-time MBA programme with ten specialisations. The university considers the CAT, MAT or GMAT scores for student admission to the MBA programme, followed by a Personal Interview.
- Course Fees: Depending on the specialisation, the total course fee ranges from ₹1.29 lakhs to ₹10.45 lakhs.
- Placements: The average salary at GD Goenka University School of Management is ₹5.32 lakhs per annum. Wipro, Berger, IBM, Essar Group, IndusInd Bank, HDFC, Marriott International, ITC, Wizcraft, Paytm, and other leading companies were among the top recruiters at GD Goenka University in 2022.
Management Development Institute, MDI Gurgaon
- Admission: The CAT/valid GMAT score, personal interview, academic merit, academic diversity, work experience, and social diversity determines the selection of candidates for top PGDM programmes at MDI Gurgaon.
- Course Fees: The tuition fees for MDI Gurgaon PGDM and PGDM Human Resource Management are ₹23.47 lakhs. On the other hand, the fee structure for PGDM Business Management is ₹15.35 lakhs.
- Placements: The top recruiters at MDI Gurgaon are Asian Paints, ITC Limited, Microsoft, Amazon, Flipkart, Google, Aditya Birla Group, Deloitte India, and Accenture Strategy. The median salary for management students in the 2020-2022 batch is ₹23.50 LPA.
SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Admission: Similar to the top-most MBA colleges in India, candidates for admission to the PGDM programme at SPJIMR are shortlisted based on their profile, academic record, work experience (if any), and performance in the entrance test and interviews.
- Course Fees: The tuition fee for the PGPM and PGDM courses is ₹14,80,000 and ₹20,00,000, respectively.
- Placements: Accenture, Amazon, BCG, Capgemini, BYJU'S, HCL, Bajaj, etc., are among the institute's recruiters. According to SPJIMR placement statistics, the highest salary offered to students in the year 2022 is ₹53.16 LPA.
MBA is a very popular postgraduation programme because it provides access to corporate job opportunities. MBA salaries have a range, and if you want to get to the higher end of the pay band, make sure you have Sunstone’s benefits. Sunstone offers industry-aligned training modules and in-demand advanced certifications. Our 50+ campuses are among the top MBA institutes in India which offer an MBA program with 100% placement support and admission assistance.