5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
A Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) paves the way to the world of business and management for a rewarding career. Since PGDM is one of the most sought-after courses, admission to the top PGDM colleges in Mumbai proves to be of substantial benefit in the lifelong journey of a student.
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the University Grants Commission (UGC) accredit the best PGDM colleges in Mumbai. Before selecting a university, you must review the list of PGDM colleges in Mumbai that offer direct or entrance-based admission. Upon deciding on a college, you must visit the campus to learn more about the available facilities and to get a sense of campus life.
List of top PGDM colleges in Mumbai
S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR)
image source - alumni.spjimr.org
- Admission: The university primarily accepts the Common Entrance Test or GMAT scores for acceptance to the PGDM course. Aspirants must secure a score of at least 50% marks in their undergraduate degree. The institution prefers those students with relevant work experience.
- Fees: The tuition fee for a Post Graduate Diploma in Management at SPJIMR is ₹20.42 lakhs.
- Placements: Ranked among the top 10 PGDM colleges in Mumbai, S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research offers placement training such as personality development, group discussions, mock interviews, etc.
According to the placement statistics, the highest salary offered to students in the year 2022 is ₹53.16 lakhs per annum.
Institute of Technology and Management (ITM), Navi Mumbai
image source - pkdas.com
ITM Navi Mumbai offers PGDM programmes in Finance, Financial Marketing, Marketing, Human Resource Management, International Business, Retail Management and Marketing, Digital Marketing and Transformation, Operations, and Supply Chain Management.
- Admission: The scores of any of the following entrance exams: CMAT, CAT, GMAT, NMAT, XAT, MAT, ATMA, or MAH MBA CET determine acceptance to the PGDM courses at the Institute of Technology and Management. A presentation and an interview follow after the release of shortlisted candidates.
- Fees: The fee structure at ITM Business School Navi Mumbai ranges from ₹10.45 lakhs to ₹13.45 lakhs.
- Placements: The maximum and average salaries offered to students were ₹22 lakhs per annum and ₹8.5 lakhs per annum, respectively. Adani, Asian Paints, Bata, BYJU, Capgemini, Canon, Flipkart, Glenmark, Wipro, Zomato, and other companies visit the campus to conduct placement drives.
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai
image source - nmims.edu
- Admission: The institute offers a Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in Business Analytics. Students must pass the NMAT entrance exam and participate in the Group Discussion, Writing Ability Test, Case Discussion, and Personal Interview.
- Fees: The fee structure for the PGDM Business Analytics programme at NMIMS Mumbai is ₹17 lakhs.
- Placements: According to the NMIMS Mumbai placement report 2022, available on the official website, the highest and average salary offered to students is ₹57.65 and ₹23.07 lakhs per annum, respectively.
NL Dalmia Institute of Management and Research (NLDIMSR)
image source - eduriddhisiddhi.com
- Admission: To be admitted to PGDM and PGDM Financial Management at NL Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, candidates must have valid AT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, MAT, ATMA or NMAT scores. Shortlisted candidates must also attend a group discussion and a personal interview.
- Fees: The PGDM fee at NL Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research is ₹11.50 lakhs.
- Placements: Swiggy, Reliance Industries Limited, Deloitte, 99 acres, and other major recruiters of N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research. According to the 2020 official placement data of N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, the average salary package offered is ₹9 LPA.
SIES College of Management Studies, Mumbai
image source - https://olympiaeducation.com/
- Admission: SIES College is among the best colleges in Mumbai for PGDM. Students must take the CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA or MAH CET entrance exam and secure a valid score. They must also participate in a group discussion, a group interview, and a personal interview.
- Fees: The fee structure for PGDM at SIES College of Management Studies is ₹9 lakhs, and the course fees for PGDM Biotechnology Management and PGDM Pharmaceutical Management are ₹7 lakhs.
- Placements: The highest salary package offered to students in the academic year 2020-21 was ₹20 lakhs per annum, and the average salary package offered to students was ₹7.2 lakhs per annum. Amazon, Abbott, Asian Paints, Coca-Cola, Capgemini, Ernst & Young, Deloitte, HDFC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Tata Consultancy Services, and others are among the major recruiters at SIESCOMS Mumbai.
IES’s Management College and Research Center, Mumbai
image source - getmyuni.com
- Admission: For admission to PGDM programmes, the college accepts GMAT, CAT, XAT, MAT, ATMA, CMAT, and MHA MBA CET scores. Candidates are chosen for admission to PGDM courses based on their performance in the entrance exam, personal interview, micro presentation, essay test, psychometric test, and work experience (if any).
- Fees: The fee structure for PGDM at the IES’s Management College and Research Center is ₹8 lakhs.
- Placements: The PGDM Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Management programme at IES MCRC Mumbai had the highest placement rate (79%). In the academic year 2021, the average salary offered to PGDM graduates was ₹6,00,000.
Earning a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in one of the top colleges in Mumbai for PGDM is the right choice if you seek flexibility during or after your studies. This management diploma helps you learn essential skills valued by employers to enter the market or advance your career. In light of this, you may pursue PGDM courses at campuses that offer the benefits of Sunstone, a leading education provider.
Sunstone offers admission assistance at over 50 college campuses across India and 100% placement support with a network of 1,200+ recruiters offering 2000+ job opportunities. Besides, you can opt for in-demand advanced certifications, soft-skills training and industry-aligned career tracks to unlock your dream job.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which is the best college for doing PGDM?
The PGDM best colleges in Mumbai offer excellent campus facilities, quality education and extensive placement opportunities. S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research is the top-ranked university for the PGDM course.
What is the PGDM course fee in Mumbai?
The PGDM course fees may vary depending on the university and campus facilities. If you are looking for PGDM colleges in Mumbai with low fees, you can choose an online PGDM course. You may also refer to the above article for a list of PGDM colleges in Mumbai with fees.
Is PGDM worth doing?
When it comes to career opportunities, PGDM courses are highly valued both in India and abroad. Having a PG diploma rather than a degree is not considered a disadvantage.
See: PGDM vs MBA