XAT results can get you admission into XLRI and other elite management institutes in India. It is a high-level management entrance test that is always very competitive. Things become even more competitive after the XAT results are declared. Seats fill up fast in different colleges and unless you act quickly and complete the admission process to confirm your seat at a top college.
Thus, once the results are declared, you need to be proactive. The article covers all the details about the XAT results so that you don’t miss out on a great opportunity to study at a top B-school.
XAT 2022 Result Highlights
XAT result 2022 will be declared by 31st January 2022 on the official website of XLRI. The result of XAT 2022 will come in the form of a scorecard that will showcase the performance of the students in the form of sectional percentage and percentile along with the total percentage and percentile.
XAT 2022 score will remain valid for a year only and is considered for admission to both, part-time and full-time MBA programs. The candidates must note that the percentage and percentile of the GK section in the XAT exam are calculated independently and is not included in the calculation of the “Total” XAT percentage and percentile.
XAT Answer Key 2022
XLRI will release the XAT answer key 2022 along with the individual response sheet of the test takers. The candidates who took XAT this year can now visit the official website to download their response sheet and XAT exam answer key 2022.
The candidates can use these answer keys for calculating their approximate score and predict their XAT result in 2022 before the official announcement. Using the XAT marking scheme and the answer key, the candidates can match their attempted answers with the answers mentioned in the keys and then estimate their score.
XAT Result Dates
|Result to be announced by||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|XAT result 2021 date||18 January 2021|
|XAT result 2022 declaration date||By 25 January 2022|
|Result of XAT 2022 to be available on||Official website of XAT|
|Credentials required for checking XAT exam result||XAT ID and Password|
|XAT Score Validity||One Year|
|Courses Offered Through XAT||Part-Time and Regular Courses offered by XLRI, XAMI Member Colleges and other 100+ B-Schools|
How to check XAT result
Candidates can go to the official website and log in using ID and Password to view their XAT 2022 results. The candidates can follow the below-listed steps to check their result
Steps to download XAT scorecard
- Visit the official website of XLRI-XAT after the results are declared.
- On the homepage, locate the ‘XAT result 2022 link‘ and click on it.
- On the redirected window, enter the XAT id and password to log in.
- After valid submission of these details, the candidate’s login will open. The candidates can access and download the XAT 2022 scorecard under the scorecard tab in the login.
- Download and print a few copies of this scorecard.
Also Read: How to answer 5 must asked MBA PI Questions?
XAT 2022 Scorecard
XLRI provides a pre-decided schedule for downloading the scorecard of XAT. The candidates must ensure downloading the scorecard during this timeline only, as there are high chances of the downloading link getting disabled thereafter. The scorecard is an important document, based on it the admission can be taken to MBA/PGDM programs.
Details mentioned on Scorecard of XAT 2022
- Name of candidate
- Date of Birth
- Address of candidate
- XAT Id
- Test Date
- Scorecard validity details
- Total percentage and XAT 2022 percentile
- XAT percentage and percentile for all 4 sections – Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal & logical ability and Decision making
Duplicate XAT Scorecard
If the candidate loses the scorecard of XAT 2022, then they can request XLRI to issue a duplicate one. To get a duplicate XAT scorecard, the candidates will have to pay a fee of Rs. 300 through Demand Draft (DD), drawn in favour of XLRI Jamshedpur, payable at Jamshedpur.
The request for obtaining the duplicate XAT exam scorecard and the DD must be sent to XLRI at the address mentioned below –
C. H. Area (East)
Jamshedpur – 831 001
How to calculate XAT Result
XAT Result – No Negative Percentile
No candidate obtains a negative percentile in XAT. As per the XAT score normalization process adopted by XLRI, there is no possibility of obtaining a zero or negative score on the test.
XAT Result – No 100 Percentile
In the history of XAT, no exam taker has been awarded a perfect 100 percentile. The highest percentile that can be obtained in XAT is 99.9+ percentile but never a 100 percentile like CAT.
XAT cutoffs are released by affiliated colleges after the results are declared. The cutoff varies each year from college to college. The cutoffs for specialised courses may also vary depending on the demand for a particular course among aspirants. Candidates who clear the minimum eligibility cutoff set by colleges are called for interview and group discussion.
Some colleges do final selection based on the scores obtained in the GD/PI round only whereas others take into account the XAT score as well to decide the final score of candidates. We have listed below the factors that determine XAT cutoffs.
Factors determining XAT result cutoff
- Total number of candidates appearing for the exam.
- The difficulty level of the XAT question paper.
- Number of available seats via XAT.
- Cut off scores from previous years.
XAT Admission Process
XAT scores, candidates can apply to XLRI and other 150 management institutes in India. Registering for XAT and successfully paying the admission fee means that candidates are automatically eligible to be considered for admission into management programmes at XLRI. For the other institutes, candidates have to apply separately.
- Complete XAT 2022 application successfully and appear for the exam
- If you clear the XLRI cutoff you will be called for GD/PI session
- Separately apply for other preferred Institutes accepting XAT score
- Call for the next round will be sent to the registered contact number
- Certain documents are needed to be carried to the institute for verification
- Once the score of the final round is released the admission shortlist will be up
Documents to carry at the day of selection
Candidates shortlisted based on XAT result 2022 are required to carry certain documents to the institute on the day of GD/PI for verification. We have listed below the documents you need to carry on the day of selection.
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Date Of Birth proof
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate
- Passport size photo
- XAT scorecard
- XAT application form
Top colleges accepting XAT scores
Apart from XLRI, over 160 colleges in India accept XAT scores in the first round of admission. In fact, in colleges where scores from multiple exams are accepted, XAT score is often given higher preference due to the higher difficulty level of the exam. Candidates can get into the top colleges for management with a good XAT score.
We have listed below the top 10 management institutes in India accepting XAT scores.
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
- St Joseph Insitute of Management, Bangalore
- Sunstone Eduversity
- Birla Insitute of Management Technology, Bhubaneswar
- KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneswar
- New Delhi Insitute of Management, New Delhi
- Xavier Business School, Kolkata
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- K.J Somaiya Insitute of Management, Mumbai
- MICA, Ahmedabad
Sunstone is a leading higher education service provider that works with academic institutions in up-skilling students for employability. Sunstone offers career oriented training interventions for undergraduate and postgraduate students at 30+ institutions across 25 cities.
Sunstone’s training programs are industry endorsed to enhance employability. These programs are designed for hybrid delivery with unparalleled focus on soft skills and personality development. Sunstone’s focus is to provide students with holistic educational experience.
- CAT Score vs CAT Percentile
- Frequently asked GD/PI questions
- Worth of an MBA degree under threat?
- What is the criteria for an MBA placement?
- Do business school rankings really matter?