5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
It is a widely acknowledged fact that aviation is a rapidly expanding industry. Bachelor of Business Administration in Aviation is the key driver of tourism, leading the country's consistent and significant growth. The expansion of aviation signals an increase in the scope of BBA in India for students specialising in aviation. Students who complete the BBA Aviation course tend to develop excellent managerial and technical skills in the aviation industry.
What is BBA Aviation?
BBA Aviation is a three-year undergraduate degree that students pursue after completing 12th grade with relevant subjects. BBA Aviation Management studies provide the necessary training to lead and manage teams in tasks such as air transportation, airport operations, passenger forecasting, marketing, airport planning, etc.
The course teaches students a strong sense of service, effective communication with passengers, and extensive interpersonal skills. It also prepares them for various jobs in the aviation industry, including airport management, marketing, passenger forecasting, and much more.
BBA Aviation Eligibility
The BBA Aviation programme is best suited for candidates who want to pursue a career in the aviation industry. BBA Aviation colleges examine the eligibility of candidates to enrol in the course before granting admission. The following are the most common eligibility criteria for acceptance to a BBA aviation management course:
- 10+2 in Science/Commerce/Arts from any board affiliated or recognised by the Association of Indian Universities, with a minimum of 50% aggregate throughout.
- Students may need to undertake English and Mathematics as required subjects in their 12th grade.
Admission Process for the BBA Aviation
Candidates must go through the following admission process to apply for the course:
- Check your eligibility on the website of your desired university.
- If you are eligible, fill out the application form and submit it. The institute may require some documents and application fees.
- Next, the college will publish a merit list. If your name is on the list, you may require to participate in the group discussion and interviews.
- In case the institutes require entrance exams, apply and prepare to take them.
- If selected, the institute will send you an offer letter. Accept the letter within the time frame specified to secure your seat and officially enrol in the course.
Popular Entrance Exams for BBA Aviation
Aspirants can appear for entrance exams to gain acceptance to prestigious colleges and universities. The entrance exams assess the ability of an aspirant to think critically. A few BBA Aviation entrance exams are listed below:
- Common University Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Common Entrance Test (AME CET)
- Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test(BVP CET)
- Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET)
BBA Aviation Syllabus
The BBA Aviation course generally comprises six semesters. The course syllabus aligns with the UGC guidelines and current industry requirements. It focuses on business operations management and business economics in the aviation industry. Some BBA Aviation subjects covered in the course are as follows:
- Financial Accounting
- Business Communication
- Business Computing
- Principles of Airline & Airport Management
- Cost & Accounting Management
- Airline Marketing Management
- Cargo Handling
- Logistic and Cargo Management
- Aviation Law, Aircraft Rules and Regulations
- Air Transporation, Safety and Security
- Airport Strategic Planning
Students also learn the other common BBA Aviation subjects such as Business Mathematics, IATA Travel, Tourism, Business Statistics, Business Law, Consumer Behavior, and Market Research.
Top BBA Aviation Colleges in India
BBA specialisation in India (Aviation) is available at several educational institutions globally. Previous academic achievements and admission test results determine admission to these institutions. Below is a compiled list of the best aviation-focused BBA schools in India.
- AIMS Institute, Bangalore
- G D Goenka University, Gurgaon
- IIMT College Of Management, Greater Noida
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS), Chennai
- IIKM Business School, Chennai
- The University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU), Nashik
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
- Hillside Business School, Bangalore
- Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore
Fee Structure of the BBA Aviation Course
BBA Aviation fees vary depending on the institution offering the BBA Aviation course. The college determines the course fee according to its infrastructure, faculty, hostel, and other amenities. However, the approximate tuition fee for the entire course in India is INR 2 to 4 Lakhs.
Career Opportunities after BBA Aviation
Indian aviation is the best place for young graduates looking for great job opportunities after finishing their studies. As aviation grows in popularity, several job opportunities are available in the industry. Following the completion of the course, some BBA Aviation jobs in the airline industry include
- Credit Control Manager
- Cabin Crew
- Airport Manager
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airline Flight Crew Scheduler
- Airport Planner
- Airline Manager
- Travel Consultant
- Security Officer
- Cargo Supervisor
- Information Representative
- Aviation Consultant
BBA Aviation Salary
The average salary for a graduate of a BBA in an Aviation management course increases depending on the position, experience, academics, and time spent in a particular company. For beginners, the average BBA Aviation salary in India is around ₹5.93 lakhs per annum.
As per AMCET, the median salary of various job profiles of a BBA Aviation graduate is as follows:
- Airline Contracting Manager: ₹9,00,000 per year
- Airport Operations Manager: ₹6,50,000 per year
- Assistant Airport Manager: ₹7,50,000 per year
- Assistant Professor: ₹4,00,000 per year
- Credit Control Manager: ₹5,00,000 per year
Top Recruiters in the Aviation Industry
The course provides graduates with numerous opportunities to work in other areas of the aviation industry, such as product-based companies, advertising, logistics, marketing, etc. Job opportunities abound in India with the best and most reputable airline companies, such as
- Air India
- Jet Airways
- Go Air Airlines
- Paramount Airways
- Alliance Air, and others.
BBA Aviation course mainly teaches students how to manage all airport and airline functions to keep the aviation industry running smoothly. So, if you wish to study the emerging BBA course, you can take advantage of the extensive benefits of Sunstone Edge, offered at over 50+ institutions across India. These benefits include holistic soft-skills training, advanced certifications, and industry-aligned training modules. Sunstone assists students right from the admission process to 100% placement support at top recruiting firms.
FAQ - BBA Aviation
What is BBA in Aviation?
BBA Aviation is a three-year undergraduate degree that students pursue after graduating from high school. The course prepares students for various jobs in the aviation industry, including airport management, marketing, passenger forecasting, and much more.
What are the job opportunities after BBA Aviation?
Following the completion of the course, some BBA aviation jobs in the airline industry include Credit Control Manager, Cabin Crew, Airport Manager, Airport Operations Supervisor, Airport Planner, and more.
What is BBA Aviation’s salary?
The average BBA Aviation salary For beginners in India is around ₹5.93 lakhs per annum. Refer to the above article for more information on the median salary of other job profiles of a BBA Aviation graduate.
Is BBA Aviation a good career?
Students who complete the course will have excellent managerial skills in the aviation industry. Furthermore, the course teaches them a strong sense of service, effective communication with passengers, and extensive interpersonal skills.