After completing their higher secondary education, many students are confused about whether to pursue BBA or B.Com. BBA vs B.Com is a common choice for students majoring in business. Briefly put, B.Com has more significant career potential than BBA.
While BBA emphasises a general curriculum that includes Finance, Marketing, and Human Resources along with Management Information Systems, B.Com on the other hand gives students in-depth knowledge of Accounting.
To understand more and to know the detailed comparison between BBA vs B.Com, read further.
BBA vs B.Com
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
A bachelor's degree in commerce covers all the areas of commerce and similar fields like financial analysis, insurance, and economics. It helps students in developing their problem-solving, analytical, and communication abilities in the field of commerce.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
BBA is a three-year bachelor's degree in business administration. It helps candidates to learn the underlying idea of business and its requisitions in the real world. BBA is a proficient degree that equips students with the managerial abilities, operational and marketing knowledge, and associated expertise they will need to start a career in management.
BBA vs B.Com Top Reasons to Pursue
Although the educational offerings for the B.Com and BBA degrees vary, there are numerous reasons to pursue B.Com or BBA. They are:
- Favourable for college students interested in gaining knowledge about finance.
- Establishing a strong base for professional programmes in commerce, such as the M.Com, CA, CFA, CS, MBA, and related fields.
- Pupils have excellent employment prospects at prestigious companies.
- All professions benefit from business-focused skills.
- The base for a master's degree in business administration is marked for the students.
It is crucial to take a quick look at the list of BBA vs B.Com subjects.
Subjects Typically Covered in B.Com
Subjects Typically Covered in BBA
Legal Aspects Of Business
Human Resources Management
Statics For Business Decision
Auditing And Corporate Governance
Financial Institutions And Market
Scope of Higher Studies in BBA vs B.Com
B.Com and BBA degree graduates can select enormous postgraduate degree programmes.
Scope After BBA
There are several alternatives for specialisation in business administration; the following is a record of the top courses to pursue after earning a BBA degree:
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- Masters in Management
- PGDM (Postgraduate Diploma in Management)
Scope After B.Com
After earning a B.Com, there are numerous opportunities for further education. Some of the well-liked options are:
- Cost Accounting
- MBA (Master in Business Administration)
- Chartered Accountancy
BBA vs B.Com: Job Prospects
Following the completion of either of these two courses, one may consider the following job roles:
Job Opportunities After B.Com
B.Com graduates can pursue the following job opportunities-
- Cost and Management Accountant
- Company Secretary
- Chartered Accountant
- Financial Manager
- Cost Accountant
Job Opportunities After BBA
BBA graduates can pursue the following job opportunities-
- Operations Team Leader
- Business Development Executive
- Project Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Solutions Application Product Consultant (SAP Consultant)
How to Choose Between BBA vs B.Com?
The decision between B.Com vs BBA might be very difficult. Here are the fundamental distinctions between these two courses' components, so that you can decide which one to choose.
- B.Com can be a suitable option if you're a student who wants to pursue a career in business, are curious about the subject's many facets, and enjoy working with statistics.
- BBA may be easier to get into as far as eligibility is considered because it accepts applicants from practically all streams.
- B.Com has a greater emphasis on business-related subjects and specialisations than BBA, which offers a wide range of specialisations in areas of management. Therefore, B.Com is the best choice if you want to study business and management in the commercial world and global company context.
Similarities Between BBA and B.Com
There are significant similarities between the course structures of BBA and B.Com. For comparison, we have offered the course structures for both BBA and B.Com.
- Business and Industrial Laws
- Computer Application in Business
- Company Law
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Business Management
- Financial and Cost Accountancy
- Marketing Management
- Production and Materials Management
- Operations Research
- Business Laws
- Business Data Processing
- Financial and Management Accounting
These business universities seek to offer students cutting-edge facilities and accredited education to become management and commerce experts.
Top Universities in India for BBA
Some of the best colleges in India for BBA courses are-
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM)
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, Delhi University
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune
- St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Delhi University
- Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
Top Universities in India for B.Com
Some of the best universities in India for B.Com are-
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Christ University, Banglore
- Hindu College, New Delhi
- BHU, Varanasi
- AMU, Aligarh
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi
Thus we can conclude that both BBA and B.Com can be great career opportunities. However, if you are interested in accounting and economics and mathematics, you can pursue B.Com and if you are interested in management courses, you can apply for BBA
However, if you need further assistance in understanding the pros and cons of B.Com vs BBA (including aspects of the BBA vs B.Com salary) or BBA vs BMS, Sunstone is always there to assist you.
Sunstone is an eminent provider of higher education services. Sunstone works with educational institutions to assist students in developing marketable skills. The coaching programmes offered by Sunstone are approved by the industry and are designed to improve employability. Giving students a full educational experience is Sunstone's top priority.
At Sunstone, we comprehend the essence of unlocking your ideal job, that too on your own terms. We help you become financially independent with unique career guidance.
Is B.Com harder than BBA?
Both B.Com and BBA have slightly the same difficulty levels. B.Com is a more specialised course suitable for financial analysis and accounting students. In contrast, BBA is especially for students interested in management and marketing, and it allows candidates from all streams to participate.
Which has more salary B.Com or BBA?
In BBA vs B.Com salary figures, BBA degree holders are initially provided with a good salary package compared to B.Com degree holders. Still, with experience and time, B.Com degree holders can also get a raise in their salary.
Is BBA good for the future?
Yes, BBA is a good option for candidates in the future. BBA provides enormous job opportunities with respectable salary packages.