Exam Pattern For CMAT 2023
The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national-level entrance test for management admissions programs (such as MBA courses) in India. The CMAT 2023 is scheduled for the first week of April 2023. This exam is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and is accepted by over 1000 management colleges in India.
The CMAT exam tests a candidate's skills, such as quantitative techniques, reasoning, language comprehension, and general awareness. This blog provides information about the CMAT exam pattern & CMAT paper pattern for the CMAT exam.
CMAT Exam Pattern
The CMAT pattern for 2023 is a computer-based test (CBT) conducted in a single session for management courses, like MBA. The exam consists of four sections: Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness.
Additionally, Innovation and Entrepreneurship is a new section added since CMAT 2021.
CMAT Paper Pattern:
Each section contains 20 questions for a total of 100, with 4 marks each. The total time allotted for the exam is 180 minutes. The CMAT negative marking scheme is applicable to know more about the CMAT exam pattern, and other essentials of the CMAT Exam keep reading.
Also Read: CMAT Registration
CMAT Exam Syllabus
The CMAT exam tests candidates on various skills, including quantitative techniques, logical reasoning, language comprehension, and general awareness. The exam covers topics from high school-level mathematics, statistics, reasoning, general knowledge, and current affairs.
Some of the topics covered in the CMAT exam syllabus are:
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
This section tests candidates on their mathematics and data interpretation skills. It covers:
- Tabulation, Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Line Graph
- Quadratic and linear equations
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Fraction and Decimals
- Ratios and Proportion
- Work and Time
- Number Systems
- Allegation & Mixtures
- Permutations & Combinations
- Pipes and Cisterns etc
This section tests candidates on their problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. It covers logical reasoning, critical reasoning, and data interpretation and topics, such as:
- Blood Relationship Tests
- Direction and Distance Test
- Symbol Based Problems
- Statements Arguments
- Linear Arrangements
- Analogy Test
- Cause and Effects
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning
- Ranking Tests
- Coding and Decoding
- Matrix Arrangements
- Number Series
- Statements and Conclusion
- Statements, Assumptions, etc.
This section tests candidates on their reading and comprehension skills. It includes passages in English and questions on grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension, which include:
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence Improvement
- English Usage Errors
- English Grammar
- Paragraph completion
- Idioms and Phrases
- Sentence correction
- One-word Substitution
- Jumbled Para
This section tests candidates on their general knowledge and current affairs. It includes questions on the Current Affairs of the National and International Economy.
- Sports news
- Science in everyday life
- Trade Awareness
- Indian Constitution
- Personalities in News
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Candidates preparing for the upcoming CMAT exam should know that Innovation and Entrepreneurship 2022 is a newly added optional section from the 2021 CMAT exams.
There are 20 questions in this section, most of which are usually solvable at medium difficulty. Innovation and Entrepreneurship for CMAT 2023 consists of questions on business and economics, current figures, passages of understanding, and more. There is also a negative rating, where -1 is subtracted for each incorrect answer.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship shall include concepts such as:
- Concepts of Innovation Management Terminology
- The innovation adoption of the life cycle at the individual level
- Creativity and its stimulation
- Three types of idea management systems
- Management of innovation projects
- The Entrepreneurial Development
- Concepts of Entrepreneurship Development
- Evolution of the concept of Entrepreneur
- Attributes and Characteristics of a Successful Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneur Vs. Intrapreneur, Entrepreneur Vs. Manager & Entrepreneur Vs. Entrepreneurship
- Role of Entrepreneurs in the Indian economy and developing economies
- Entrepreneurial Culture
- Creating Entrepreneurial Venture
- The procedure of Business Planning
- Environmental Analysis – Searching and Scanning
- Identifying problems and opportunities
- Describing Business Idea
- Basic Government Procedures to comply with
- Project Management
- Technical, Financial, Marketing, Personnel, and Management Feasibility
- Estimating and Financing funds requirement – Schemes offered by various commercial banks and financial institutions like IDBI, ICICI, SIDBI, SFCs
- Venture Capital Funding
- Entrepreneurship Development and Government
- Role of Central Government and State Government in promoting Entrepreneurship
- Role of other agencies in the Entrepreneurship Development
Tips to Prepare for Innovation and Entrepreneurship CMAT 2023
Here are some expert tips to help you prepare for the Innovation and Entrepreneurship CMAT.
- Think logically while answering such questions
- It would be best if you had a clear idea of how you do business (what decisions are beneficial/harmful, etc.) - this is very useful for assertive reason-type questions.
- Read about famous innovators and their inventions.
- Know the basics of starting a business
- Read more about government-sponsored company formation programs such as Stand-up India, Startup India, etc.
Also Read: How to Fill CMAT Exam Form
CMAT Marking Scheme
The CMAT exam is a multiple-choice exam, with each question having four options. Each correct answer is given 4 marks, while each incorrect answer is penalised with a deduction of 1 mark under the CMAT marking scheme.
There is no penalty for unanswered questions.
CMAT Exam Results
The results of the CMAT exam are released on the CMAT-NTA website a few weeks after the exam. Candidates can check their results by logging in to their account on the NTA website using their login credentials. In addition, the results of the CMAT exam are released as a scorecard, which shows the candidate's overall score and ranks in the exam.
Benefits of CMAT Exams
MBA candidates see so many MBA course admissions tests administered at the national, state, and institutional levels that they need clarification about which MBA course admissions test to apply for and take.
- The difficulty level is Medium compared to other MBA entrance exams.
- Candidates will not be disqualified if their CMAT exam score is 0.
- CMAT Offers Opportunity for Her MBA/PGDM Admission at AICTE Accredited Management Institution
- By the time the CMAT takes place, you have already taken other top MBA course entrance exams, such as the CAT. IIFT, XAT; NMAT; SNAP, among others. Therefore, no extra effort is required to prepare for the CMAT because the CMAT exam has the same section structure and less difficulty.
- Most of India's top MBA/PGDM universities accept CMAT scores for admission. These include KJ Somaiya, Welingkar, PUMBA, Great Lakes, GIM Goa, IMT Nagpur, BIMTECH Greater Noida, 330 of his MBA/MMS colleges in Maharashtra, etc.
The CMAT exam is a challenging but fair assessment of a candidate's skills and knowledge. By understanding the CMAT pattern and syllabus and preparing accordingly, candidates can increase their chances of success in the CMAT exam.
With a presence in over 35 cities, Sunstone offers students soft skills development training and industry-focused training modules. In addition, students receive coveted certificates and prepare for the requirements of the current job market. You can also take advantage of our support services for all aspects of your admissions and placement options.