5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Starting your journey to get a B.Tech degree is an exciting step, but the first thing you need to do is deal with the GATE application form. This form is really important because it opens the door to more education and better job opportunities in the tech field. In this easy-to-follow guide, we'll break down the steps for you, making the GATE application form process simple. By the end, you'll be all set to start your educational adventure toward that B.Tech degree. So, let's get started with this step-by-step guide and make applying for your B.Tech degree a piece of cake.
GATE 2024: Highlights
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
Commonly Known As
GATE 2024 Organising Institute
GATE Official website
GATE exam date 2024
February 3,4,10, & 11, 2024
Jointly by IISc Bangalore and Seven IITs
Purpose of Examination
Qualifying Examination for M.E./ M.Tech/ Ph.D admissions and PSU Recruitment
Mode of Examination
180 Minutes (3 Hours)
Frequency of Examination
Number of GATE Papers
Validity of GATE Score/Grade
How to fill out GATE Application Form 2024?
To begin, collect all your documents and set up your account. Next, enter your information and upload the necessary documents. Once this is done, you'll need to make a payment and wait for confirmation of your seat. Let's get into the steps of filling out your GATE application form for 2024.
Before we jump into how to fill out the GATE application form, let's make sure you have all the necessary documents ready. Having these documents on hand will help you complete the registration process smoothly. Here's a list of what you'll need:
Your Personal Information:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Your parents' or guardians' names
- Contact numbers for your parents or guardians
- Your address, including the zip code
- The name of your college
- Its address, including the zip code
- Details about your eligibility degree
- The specific GATE paper and its cod
Photographs and Signature:
- Pictures of yourself (digital scans or photos)
- A digital copy of your signature
- A digital copy of your eligibility degree or provisional certificate
- A certificate from the Head of the Institution (only if you're in your final year)
- Proof of your identity, like a PAN card or any other government ID
- Your College ID or Employee ID
Information for payment, which could include your Netbanking details or credit/debit card information
With all of these documents ready, you'll be well-prepared to breeze through your GATE application form.
After you've gathered all your information, the next step in the process of filling out your GATE application form is to create an account on the official GATE portal.
Here's what to do:
Visit the official website:
Go to the official website and click on "GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)." This will take you to a page where you can register.
Fill in your details:
- Your Name: Enter your first name, middle name, surname, and official name.
- Email Address: Provide your email address and confirm it.
- Country of Residence: Tell them where you live because different countries have different payment methods.
- Mobile Number: Share your mobile number for communication.
- Password: Create a password with at least one capital letter, one small letter, one number, and one special character. It should be at least 8 characters long. Confirm it by typing it again.
- Evaluation Test: This is like a puzzle to prove you're not a computer bot. It protects your personal data.
Once you're done with all this, press 'Submit.' You'll get an Enrollment ID sent to your email. This ID lets you log in to your GOAPS account and get updates via SMS and OTPs for verification.
When you find your Enrollment ID, go back to the login page. Use your new Enrollment ID and the password you created to log in to your GOAPS account. Now, you can submit your documents to secure your spot. You'll also need to accept a declaration popup after logging in.
Next, you'll go to the Exam Details page where you'll provide the following information:
Choose Your GATE 2024 Paper: Pick the specific GATE paper you want to take.
Select Your Exam Location:
- Choose the country where you'll be taking the exam.
- Select three cities within that country where you'd like to sit for the examination.
In this part, the system does some of the work for you by already putting in your Enrollment ID, your name, your email address, and your phone number. But there are some other things you need to add. In addition to the items we talked about in the 'Gather Your Documents' section, you'll need to provide the following details:
- Your nationality (where you're from)
- What category you belong to
- If you have any disabilities
- Your home country
- The state or province you live in
- Where your parent(s) or guardian(s) live
The next step in filling out your GATE application form is about telling them where you live. The address part has three lines, so there's enough room for your complete address, even if it's long.
There's also something called a "correspondence address." This is an address where GATE 2024 stuff can be sent, and you can be sure it will reach you. The reason they ask for this is that if there are any problems with your regular address, you can use the correspondence address as a backup. You can enter the address of a trusted family member or friend, but they need to live in the same country and city as you. That way, they can easily get those resources to you.
Apart from this, all the other information they need is the same as what we talked about in the 'Gather Your Documents' section.
- Details about your institute's registration, like your serial/registration/roll number.
- Whether you actually got the degree you said you did.
- If you did get the degree, how many years did it take.
- The names of the university or college where you got the degree and the state or territory it's in.
- The zip code of that place.
If you're from or live in another country, and there's no zip code, you can either type '999999' in the zip code box or leave it empty if that's an option."
After you've filled in all the details mentioned earlier, it's time to upload the documents you need. If you're not sure what documents to upload, double-check the 'Gather Your Documents' section to make sure you haven't missed anything. You'll have to upload your photos, signatures, and any other documents they ask for on this page.
Remember, most of the files should be in PDF format. If they're asking for pictures, use JPG or JPEG format. Once you've done that, there's a question at the bottom of the page that asks, "Where did you first find out about GATE 2024?" You'll need to answer that too.
The final step to complete your GATE application form for 2024 is to pay the application fee. GATE uses an online payment system, so you can use net banking or a credit/debit card to make the payment easily. Please note that there might be some extra banking charges.
Here are the application fee details based on categories:
- General/OBC males and others: ₹ 1,700
- SC/ST/PWD and females in all categories: ₹ 850
Guidelines for GATE Application Form 2024
Now that you know how to complete the GATE application form for 2024, let's go over the rules for the photographs and signatures you need to upload.
For Digital Photographs:
- Use passport-sized photos.
- They should measure 3.5 centimetres in width and 4.5 centimetres in height.
- Save them as .JPG or .JPEG files.
- Make sure at least half of the photo shows your full face.
- The dimensions of the picture should be between 240 x 320 pixels (minimum) and 480 x 640 pixels (maximum).
- Make sure your face isn't covered by anything like hair, shadows, or poor lighting.
- If you wear glasses, take them off for the photo. If you use contact lenses, this doesn't apply to you.
For Digital Signatures:
- You need a digital or scanned copy of your signature.
- Scan an A4-size paper with 2 centimetres in height and 7 centimetres in width rectangular box with your signature.
- Sign inside the box using a black or blue pen. Don't use blocked letters or a different colour.
- To use the signature digitally, crop the digital copy to match the size of the rectangular box.
- Only JPG and JPEG files are accepted, just like with digital photographs.
Sunstone is a higher education service provider through which you can apply for a B.Tech course in reputed colleges. Not only that, with Sunstone by your side, you can become job-ready as there are various advantages provided. Some of the benefits to take into consideration are:
- A capstone project to work on every semester
- 70+ training and development sessions by top recruiters and industry experts
- 50+ guaranteed job interviews with the Placement Protection Plan
- Learn from expert guest faculty who are ex-IIMs and IITs
- Helps in building a professional portfolio that improves your chances of getting hired.
- 0-cost EMI option available according to course duration
- If you appear in the Sunstone scholarship test, you can get a scholarship worth ₹10 Cr.