5000+ students unlocked their dream job with Sunstone. Apply Now.
BCA is a competitive domain as far as career options are concerned. It is also one of the most popular domains from where large global conglomerates recruit. Since BCA coursework involves learning about the software and hardware elements of technology, it is almost universal in demand.
You can get a job as a software engineer, web designer, app designer, data analyst, automation engineer, network engineer, IT head, and systems engineer, to name a few. New roles are coming up today due to the increased need for technology in all business domains.
Job Opportunities after BCA
There are plenty of job options after successfully finishing your BCA degree. Most of these roles require you to have an in-depth knowledge of computers and their contemporary usage. Here are a few of the conventional job opportunities listed below:
|Job Role||Job Profile|
|Computer Programmer||A Computer Programmer is responsible for maintaining algorithms and writing the code for software and applications as per the needs of the business.|
|Software Developer||Software developers engineer the entire process of the product. They are required to ideate, conceptualise, define, prototype, test and deploy the software they are working on.|
|System Analyst||This role requires you to analyse the systems being used in a business. This may include a review of all the networks and back end software in use and debugging and streaming of such systems.|
|Network Engineer||A network engineer sets up, maintains and resolves issues with pre-existing computer networks being used by a business. This includes both internal and external components of the business operations.|
|System Admin||A system admin maintains all the company user accounts and administrative controls over the servers and computer networks in use. This role includes developing computer networks and securing these networks to prevent data or security breaches.|
|Software Architect||A software architect develops the frameworks and algorithms for a business's software. This includes both front end software and back end software. It also involves reviewing the existing software architecture and resolving any bugs or redundancies to drive the best out of the technologies in use.|
|Software Tester||A software tester role is for someone specialising in finding bugs, errors and redundancies in the software and data structures in use. They test the software in multiple environments and on different systems to understand its optimum performance capacity. They submit reports and data insights based on these findings.|
There are many other job opportunities for the specialised BCA courses in today’s world. Moreover, each day a new role in this field is springing up among the mainstream positions. A few of the important positions have been listed and discussed in the table below:
|Job Role||Job Profile|
|Automation Specialist||This role is mainly for those candidates who have a BCA degree with a specialisation in Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning. It encompasses an array of tasks such as automating back end business processes, marketing campaigns, predicting consumer behaviour, automating client servicing protocols etc.|
|Cloud Computing Associate||This role is one where you build, maintain and facilitate the use of cloud services and cloud apps. This role aims to prevent physical infrastructure usage and transform the business software into a cloud-based setting.|
|AWS Specialist||AWS or Amazon Web Services is a cloud service launched by Amazon. It is one of the most in-demand cloud storage solutions that is currently used by thousands of brands worldwide. This role sets up, maintains and tracks the performance of the cloud apps and their use.|
|Machine Learning Associate||An ML associate is responsible for teaching and training the machine learning system in place to perform and predict the business requirements. This helps identify gaps and redundancies in the business processes and provides reports on methods to eradicate these technical issues.|
|Front-end Developer||This role requires you to conceptualise, test and deploy the front-end needs of a business and its products. This may involve wireframing the user interface, creating websites from scratch and engineering smooth and seamless customer experiences.|
|Back-end Devloper||A back end developer is a specialist in creating software to run the internal processes of a business or a product life cycle. This is a highly technical role that requires you to be adept with programming and software architectures.|
|Full Stack Web Developer||A full stack web developer creates website applications and responsive websites to cater to the needs of their businesses. This involves developing all the business assets to be used in the digital space, including the inward structures and the external-facing web experiences.|
|Full Stack App Developer||A full-stack app developer is well versed in the various integrated development environments that are used to create Android or Apple iOS-based apps. This involves both the back end structure and the first end-user experience.|
|Data Scientist||A data scientist takes care of all the business data needs. It includes understanding the business needs, formulating insights based on company and consumer data, developing data-backed policies, and implementing data management systems.|
|Data Analyst||A data analyst reviews the available company and market data to put across a roadmap containing the pain points and the positives of the business. This role includes predicting future risks and threats and curtailing them through the robust use of software and data.|
|Data Operator||A data operator is a specialist in using data. This role involves data mining, data cleaning, data sorting, data management and data interpretation related tasks. You may have to align the data to prove a particular objective or indicate performance factors for the business.|
BCA is a versatile undergraduate degree program. There are several different industries you can work in after finishing this degree. Besides, all domains of business today need technical experts with regard to computers, so working across domains would not be an issue in this respect.
The following table contains the list of industries you may get to work at after completing your BCA degree:
|Manufacturing||FMCG||Construction and Real Estate|
|Biotechnology||Oil and Gas||Media|
|Packaging, Porting and Shipping||Retail and E-Commerce||Logistics|
Jobs after BCA: Specialisation Wise
Here are a few of the most sought-after jobs after successfully completing your BCA degree with a specialisation:
|Data Science||Data Mining Specialist|
|Data Analysis||Data Analyst|
|Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||Automation Lead|
|Machine Learning Specialist|
|Cloud Computing||Cloud Computing Associate|
|Google Cloud Expert|
|Full Stack Development||Full Stack Web Developer|
|Full Stack App Developer|
These are a few of the in-demand job roles after a specialisation BCA degree. However, this list is not exhaustive.
Career Benefits after BCA:
There are many career benefits after you have completed your BCA degree. A few of them have been listed below:
- You can pursue an MCA degree to gain a detailed insight into the use of computer applications in today’s world.
- You can take up an MBA course to understand management regimes and elevate your BCA knowledge in an industrial environment.
- You can start your own small technology business. Understand your forte, domain expertise and business processes to consult and resolve technical issues faced by small and large businesses.
- Work as a software engineer or software developer at major international tech firms and pave the way for newer technologies and more robust systems.
- Work as a web developer to create brand new tech-backed web-based applications using new technologies such as AI and ML to simplify consumer needs.
- Work at Government offices that require technical assistance to speed up the hierarchical movement of papers.
Skills required for BCA Graduates
To land your dream job after finishing your BCA degree, you must be well versed with the following set of professional skills:
- Logical and Verbal Reasoning
- Critical Thinking and Strategic Thinking
- Strong ability with software environments
- Great coding skills
- Ability to understand and interpret algorithms
- Attention to programmatic detail
- Good grasp on software such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Understanding of various operating systems such as Linux, Unix, Windows and Mac.
- Good Problem-Solving Skills
- Good organisational skills
Factors to consider before taking a job after BCA
You must consider the following factors before applying for a job after your BCA degree:
- Choose the job or career option based on the subjects or specialisations that are interesting to you.
- Don’t consider only payscale as the immediate priority for the entry-level jobs you apply to.
- The BCA space is highly competitive with the potential for immense accelerated growth. There are fewer limits to your role and hence many innovative opportunities. This can be confusing for someone without any experience.
- Take online courses aimed at skill development even beyond your standard curricula. Most in-demand skills are learnt from such external sources. You will need to develop domain-specific knowledge in this manner.
- Develop a knack for communication. Most of your burden is lessened if you can communicate your issues well.
- Most of the specialised roles after a BCA degree are unconventional roles that may require technical expertise beyond your usual coursework. You may have to work across different development environments for different projects in this respect.
- Understand whether you’d prefer to work in a start-up or a large conglomerate to start your career. While you will always have your hands full working in a start-up, working at a large conglomerate will help you learn organisational practices better.
- Ensure that the company and profile you choose are relevant to your interests and check the scope of the company and your ability to grow in the company as well.
Salary Offered to BCA Graduates
The following table contains the salary information about the most popular jobs after your BCA degree:
|Job Roles||Salary Offered (per annum)|
|Computer Programmer||INR 4 Lakhs to INR 10 Lakhs|
|Software Developer||INR 4 Lakhs to INR 15 Lakhs|
|System Analyst||INR 5 Lakhs to INR 12 Lakhs|
|Network Engineer||INR 3 Lakhs to INR 10 Lakhs|
|System Admin||INR 4 Lakhs to INR 8 Lakhs|
|Software Architect||INR 6 Lakhs to INR 25 Lakhs|
|Software Tester||INR 3 Lakhs to INR 12 Lakhs|
Top Recruiters for BCA
The following is a table containing the names of the top recruiters of BCA graduates in the domain of private business:
|HCL||Tata Consultancy Services|
There are also many public sectors and governmental vacancies for BCA graduates in the fields of business process optimisation, sales, software development and engineering, research analysts, to name a few.
Popular Cities that offer lucrative Jobs to BCA Graduates
The following are the popular cities that offer high paying jobs to BCA graduates:
- New Delhi
Other cities such as Kolkata, Indore, Thane, Guwahati, Bhubaneshwar are also emerging as states with standard paying BCA degree jobs.
Apply Now for the BCA program at top campuses across India with the benefits of Sunstone's edge.