5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
The digital era is here to stay. Now, marketing is known for updating itself as per the new trends, and this time it has evolved itself to include digital in its manifold. As a result, the top institutes and universities in the country are offering MBAs in digital marketing.
A digital marketing course in MBA teaches you how to market the brands digitally. This includes devising and executing strategies for paid ads, social media marketing, getting tractions through search engines, etc. If you want to ride the digital wave, getting a master’s degree in digital marketing can be a good start.
In this article, we are going to cover what is digital marketing, who should do it, its scope, and much more. Read till the end and you will be able to make a better decision about getting admission to the right programme.
What is MBA in Digital Marketing
An MBA or Master's in Business Administration is a postgraduate degree that teaches various aspects of business management. It is a two-year-long programme that focuses on the marketing aspect of businesses.
With more and more people coming online, it has become a must-to-survive and thrive for companies to promote their businesses. For this, they need skilled people who can manage digital marketing campaigns.
Here is a list of key facts one should know to better understand what MBA in digital marketing is:
- MBA in digital marketing curriculum includes social media marketing, paid ads, Search Engine Optimisation, digital influencers marketing, etc.
- Both online and offline modes of admission applications are available for interested candidates.
- Similar to other types of MBA programmes, the common procedure for entrance in MBA in digital marketing also includes an entrance exam, personal interview, and group discussions.
- In India, the average salary of digital marketers is 5.45 LPA. With an increasing number of digital startups, this number is also increasing with the passing day.
MBA in Digital Marketing Course Details
|Course Name||MBA In Digital Marketing|
|Course Type||Post-graduation/Master Degree|
|Course Duration||Min. 2 years|
|Course Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|Top Recruiters||Dhani, Crownit, BYJU’S, Zomato, Bada Business, Amazon, Oyo, Flipkart, etc.,|
|Jobs||Social Media Manager, Market Research Analyst, Public Relations, Manager, Digital Sales Manager, Brand Manager, Digital Advertising Manager|
|Salary||INR 3,00,000 to 8,00,000|
Why MBA in Digital Marketing
Here is a list of some reasons why an MBA in digital marketing course can be the right course for you:
- With every business getting some or most part of its sales from the internet, digital marketing is guaranteed to grow in the upcoming future.
- As compared to other post-graduate programmes, digital marketing is easier to complete with online training. So, if you want to get a degree remotely, digital marketing can be the right choice for you.
- If you have technical expertise in the digital world and you want to do something creative with it, digital marketing can give you the right platform for it. A digital marketing manager has to be a perfect merge of the technical expertise of the internet and the creativity of a marketer.
- With ever-changing technology, digital marketing gives no space to repetitive tasks and boredom. If learning new stuff is something that you seek, digital marketing is the appropriate management programme for you.
- Since the demand for digital marketing is on the rise and will keep rising, there is a promise of good salary growth in digital marketing.
Who should do an MBA in Digital Marketing?
MBA in digital marketing is the right course for you if
- You are interested in creating content and traction on social media.
- You already have some technical knowledge of how digital advertising works.
- You are fascinated by the digital marketing campaigns of some of the well-known brands.
- You want to ride the wave of social media in a constructive way.
MBA in Digital Marketing Admission Process
The admission process for MBA in digital marketing includes the following:
- There are two modes of admission applications - online and offline. Candidates can choose either mode according to their convenience.
- The documents required for the admission process are proof of address, 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet, bachelor's degree mark sheet, certificates, Voter Id card, or driver’s license.
- You have scored at least 50 percent in your bachelor’s degree. It’s not necessary to have a degree in business administration or digital media; a bachelor’s degree in any discipline would suffice.
- Generally, applicants are required to clear entrance exams first and then go through various levels of interviews and group discussions.
MBA in Digital Marketing Eligibility Criteria
Most colleges and universities in India set the following eligibility criteria for MBA in digital marketing:
- The candidate should have a minimum of 50 percent in the undergraduate degree
- The graduation course must be completed from a recognised college or institute
- If the candidate is from reserved categories, he or she should have a minimum of 45 percent in the undergraduate degree.
MBA in Digital Marketing Entrance Exams
Various universities and institutes conduct entrance exams on both national and state levels. The best entrance exams for taking admission in an MBA in Digital Marketing are:
Types of MBA Digital Marketing Courses
Thanks to the increase in MBA in digital marketing scope, the top universities have started to provide various types of MBA courses in digital marketing. Having more options makes it easier for candidates to choose an MBA programme according to their needs. Here is a list of the most common types of MBA programmes in digital marketing that are offered by the reputed colleges and universities in India.
- Full-Time MBA in Digital Marketing
- It is a two-year-long full-time course that requires you to join the college or university full-time for classes.
- The fee for a full-time MBA in digital marketing is relatively higher than others.
- While the course demands extra time, the curriculum of this course is also more comprehensive than the other types.
- Part-Time/Executive MBA in Digital Marketing
- As its name suggests, this programme does not require you to attend the classes full-time.
- It is better for people who are already working and do not want to start their learning from scratch.
- Entrance exams like GMAT, GRE, etc. are conducted for executive MBA in digital marketing.
- One Year MBA Digital Marketing
- Professionals who can not afford to spare much time for an MBA course generally prefer this course.
- One needs to have a score of at least 650 in GMAT or GRE in order to take admission into the one-year course in MBA digital marketing.
- The candidates should also have experience of at least 5 years for this course.
- MBA Digital Marketing Online
- This is a two-year-long course that can be completed just by attending the classes digitally.
- The fee of an MBA in digital marketing online is generally lesser than other types of marketing.
- It helps in building a strong resume of people who already have some experience in digital marketing.
MBA in Digital Marketing Syllabus
No matter what college or university you choose to do an MBA with, the basic syllabus of the course generally remains the same.
There are a total of five trimesters in a two-year-long MBA course. The first three trimesters are the same for all MBA specializations such as HR, Sales, Marketing, Digital Marketing, and so. The last two trimesters are tailored to include the nitty-gritty of digital marketing.
Here is a list of the five trimesters with syllabus:
- Business Communication For Managers
- Technology In Management
- Marketing Management
- Organisational Behaviour I
- Managerial Economics
- Business Accounting I
- Business Mathematics
- Managerial Communication
- Analytical Tools For Managers I
- Brand Management
- Organisation Behaviour Ii
- Corporate Finance
- Business Accounting Ii
- Market Research
- Business Statistics
- Professional Communication
- Analytical Tools For Managers Ii
- Sales Management
- Human Resource Management
- Change Management
- Working Capital Management
- Business Problem Solving
- Operations Management
- Summer Internship Project
- Social Media Management
- PPC Advertising
- Marketing Analytics
- Website Planning & SEO
- Google Ads & Affiliate Marketing
- Business Law
Required Skills for MBA in Digital Marketing
The following skills help candidates not only in completing the course but also in advancing their professional careers:
- Quick Learning: Things change quickly in the digital world and so does the techniques in digital marketing. If you develop a skill to learn things quickly, you will be better able to help companies in their digital marketing process.
- Social Media Management: A digital marketer doesn’t see social media just as a consumer but also as a creator. One needs to understand various social media on a deep level to be a better digital marketer.
- Knowledge of Advertisement: While there are many differences between old-school marketing and digital marketing, there are some similarities too. So, it will be helpful for digital marketers if they also learn about the old ways of marketing products.
Top Colleges for MBA in Digital Marketing
The Sunstone edge is offered for MBA in Digital Marketing with some of the best MBA colleges and universities across India. These include:
- NIU, Greater Noida
- NIET, Greater Noida
- PISM, Bangalore
- RAYAT-BAHRA, Mohali
- JECRC University, Jaipur
- RR Institutions, Bangalore
- Sage University, Indore
- GD Goenka, Gurugram
- Aditya Institute Of Management, Pune
- IBMR, Hubli
- Netaji Subhas University, Jamshedpur
Jobs after MBA in Digital Marketing
Here are the jobs profiles you can apply for after completing your MBA in Digital Marketing:
- Market Research Analyst
- Brand Manager
- Sales Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Social Media Manager
MBA in Digital Marketing Salary in India
Thanks to the steep rise in the need for digital marketing, companies are paying impressive salaries for it. However, you should know here that the salary will depend on your job profile. Here is a breakdown of salary for various job profiles after an MBA in digital marketing:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Market Research Analyst||Rs 2,84000 – 9,70,000 P.A.|
|Brand Manager||Rs 5,29,000 – Rs 9.74,000 P.A.|
|Sales Manager||Rs 2,48,000 – Rs 4,74,000 P.A.|
|Public Relations Manager||Rs 2,38,000 – Rs 9,80,000 P.A.|
|Social Media Manager||Rs 2,70,000 – 5,70,000 P.A.|
Top Recruiters for MBA in Digital Marketing
From small companies to large corporations, every organisation is recruiting digital marketers these days. If you complete an MBA in digital marketing, you can get hired from the following top recruiters:
- Accor Hotels
- Big Basket
- Axis Bank
- Future Group
FAQs on MBA in Digital Marketing
What does an MBA in Digital Marketing do?
What is the salary of an MBA in Digital Marketing graduate?
What is the scope of an MBA in Digital Marketing?
What is the eligibility criteria for an MBA in Digital Marketing?
How can I get admission to MBA in Digital Marketing?
What is the Course Duration of an MBA in Digital Marketing?
What are the top career opportunities after an MBA in Digital Marketing?
Market Research Analyst
Public Relations Manager
Social Media Manager
What are the different types of MBA in Digital Marketing courses one can apply for?
What are the main entrance exams one can go for to get admission to an MBA in Digital Marketing programme?