5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
The logistics sector in India is flourishing with new opportunities. In fact, it is estimated that India’s logistics market will expand exponentially not just within the nation but across the international borders in the upcoming years. And this means it is the right time to pursue a career in this field.
If you have been planning to build a successful career in logistics or supply chain management, an MBA can be a great choice. It is a popular professional course that specially focuses on building up technical and managerial skills among students. All you need to do is prepare for the entrance exams and get admission to top B-schools in India.
Below, we have gathered everything about this course whether it is the admission details of MBA in logistics and supply chain management scope or the top recruiters. Keep reading to know more!
What is MBA in Logistics?
MBA in Logistics is a two-year postgraduate degree that offers training and practise in management and leadership in a logistics-specific environment. It basically equips you in understanding the complexities of the logistics environment and coming up with effective decisions about moving the right products towards the right customers at the right time.
If you wish to create a career in the logistics sector, it is a great choice. This course will also help you understand every wheel and gear of logistics such as materials management, the flow of funds, transportation, international trade, and even purchasing.
Here is a list of key facts you should know to more about an MBA in Logistics:
- MBA in logistics opens career avenues in the corporate sector, FMCG, logistics, manufacturing, e-commerce, and retail sectors.
- You need to take the entrance exams such as XAT, MAT, CAT, etc. to get admission in MBA in logistics
- In India, the average salary after an MBA in logistics is 6.57 LPA. It can increase based on your skills, experience, job profile, and organisation.
MBA in Logistics Course Details
Here are some of the basic MBA logistics course details you should know:
|Course Name||MBA In Logistics|
|Course Type||Post-graduation/Master Degree|
|Course Duration||Min. 2 years|
|Course Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Flipkart, Reliance, Nestle, Coca-Cola, Safexpress, DTDC, DHL, Mahindra, 4tigo, Adani Logistics|
|Jobs||Global Logistics Manager, Logistics Manager, Saler Officer, Operations Director, International Logistics Manager, Transportation Manager|
|Starting Salary||INR 6,00,000 to 7,00,000 LPA|
Why MBA in Logistics?
The field of logistics and supply chain management is vast and ever-growing. Especially with the advancement in digital and analytics, it is becoming one of the most booming fields. Here are some other reasons why you should pursue MBA in logistics:
- MBA in logistics helps you in upscaling your career and move into mid or senior management roles in Logistics and related industries.
- It opens up career opportunities in prominent FMCG, manufacturing, retail, e-commerce, and other top firms for high-paying jobs.
- You can also pursue higher studies in logistics after an MBA.
- It helps in building technical skills that improve your employability.
Who should do an MBA in Logistics?
MBA in Logistics is best suited for the following candidates:
- Professionals who are already in Logistics, Supply Chain, and Consulting who wish to increase their career opportunities.
- Candidates who are engineers, project managers, technical experts who want to upscale to managerial roles.
- Professionals from other industries want to create a career in Logistics and Supply Chain related sectors.
- Freshers who are looking forward to pursuing their career in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
MBA in Logistics Admission Process
If you are planning to take admission in MBA in Logistics, you may have to follow the process listed below:
- You can submit the application forms via – online and offline methods based on your convenience.
- You require several documents to submit the applications. These include: 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet, bachelor degree mark sheet, certificates, Voter Id card, or any Government approved ID card.
- It is also essential to take online entrance tests. They can be either the national level entrance exams such as CAT or XAT; or specific college-based tests such as S.E.A.T.
- Based on the scores and rank in entrance exams, you will be called for personal interviews or group discussions. These rounds will evaluate your soft skills, aptitude, grit, and motivation.
- Finally, based on all the tests and interviews, you will be given admission and the decision is communicated through registered email and postal address.
MBA in Logistics Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, a student must have the following:
- A graduate degree or any other equivalent degree from a recognised university
- At least 50% aggregate marks or 6 CGPA* during graduation (for SC/ST it is 45%.)
- Proof of completion of degree within the specified duration in case they are in the final year and are waiting for the results
- Score or rank in any of the MBA entrance exams such as CAT, MAT, ATMA, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, or state entrance exams
- Relevant work experience for the candidates in some universities
*The percentage can vary for different universities or colleges. Thus, it is better to read the eligibility criteria for the desired college by either visiting its official website or downloading the brochure.
MBA in Logistics Entrance Exams
Usually, students need to appear for state or national level entrance exams to secure seats in highly reputed colleges and universities. Some of these exams are:
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
- GMAT (Gratitude Management Aptitude Test)
- SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test)
Types of MBA Logistics Courses
Here are four types of MBA Logistics you should know about:
|Full-time||50% marks in graduationValid scores in national level MBA entrance exams||2 years|
|Part-time||50% marks in graduation Minimum 2-3 years of work experiencePerformance in written test/interview/GD||2-3 years|
|Distance Learning||50% marks in graduation Valid CAT/MAT/GMAT or University level entrance exam score Some colleges have a merit-based selection process||2 years|
|Online Learning||50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in graduation||2-4 years based on the date of registration|
MBA in Logistics Syllabus
MBA in Logistics Syllabus offers a course designed by industry experts. The syllabus spans over 5 trimesters across a period of two years.
For the first three trimesters, students are given the training to form a strong foundation in business administration. The main difference comes in the 4th and 5th trimesters. Here is a list of all trimesters and the subjects you will get to study:
- Business Communication For Managers
- Technology In Management
- Marketing Management
- Organisational Behaviour I
- Managerial Economics
- Business Accounting I
- Business Mathematics
- Managerial Communication
- Analytical Tools For Managers I
- Brand Management
- Organisation Behaviour II
- Corporate Finance
- Business Accounting II
- Market Research
- Business Statistics
- Professional Communication
- Analytical Tools For Managers II
- Sales Management
- Human Resource Management
- Change Management
- Working Capital Management
- Business Problem Solving
- Operations Management
- Summer Internship Project
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Law
- Technology In Logistics & Supply Chain
- Inventory Management And Delivery Efficiency
Required Skills for MBA in Logistics
There are some skills that not only help you in completing your MBA in Logistics with better learning and understanding but also help in securing the seat by scoring high in the entrance exams and passing the interview rounds. These skills include:
- Analytical Skills: A person’s analytical skills refer to their ability to collect data, analyse them, and finally make the right decisions. This is quite important in acing the entrance exams. You also need to know how to think critically to pass the interview and group discussion rounds.
- Communication Skills: MBA professionals should have excellent communications skills since they have to manage business activities. To develop that, you can work o your listening skills, body language, vocabulary, and confidence.
- Tech Skills: Nowadays, technical skills have become imperative no matter which MBA course you choose. So, make sure you learn basic tech skills such as how to use Excel, how to send emails, or how to make presentations. These will give you an extra edge over other students and candidates.
- Teamwork: Knowing how to work in a team will help you work effortlessly during various projects, deals, and assignments.
- Networking Skills: As a logistics professional, you will have to connect with a diverse set of people and that’s why having good networking skills is a must.
- Time Management: Whether you have to complete your group projects timely or complete a business deal on deadline, time management skills will aid you in every step of your career.
Apart from this, you should work on your strategic skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills before joining the course.
Top Colleges for MBA in Logistics
The Sunstone edge is offered for MBA in Logistics in the following MBA colleges and universities across India:
- NIU, Greater Noida
- NIET, Greater Noida
- IBMR, Hubli
- PISM, Bangalore
- RAYAT-BAHRA, Mohali
- JECRC University, Jaipur
- RR Institutions, Bangalore
- Sage University, Indore
- GD Goenka, Gurugram
- Aditya Institute Of Management, Pune
- Netaji Subhas University, Jamshedpur
Jobs after MBA in Logistics
After getting a degree in MBA in logistics and supply chain management, you can apply for the following jobs:
- Global Logistics Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Saler Officer
- Operations Director
- International Logistics Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Logistics Analyst
- Project Manager
Other than these private jobs, you can also apply for government jobs or become a professor in colleges.
MBA in Logistics Salary in India
Since there are plenty of jobs available in the market for MBA professionals, the salary also varies. It can depend on various factors such as skills, job profile, experience, and the organisation where you have applied for.
Here is a breakdown of the average salary for various job roles after an MBA in logistics and supply chain management:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Logistics Manager||Rs 6,08,000 P.A.|
|Logistics Analyst||Rs 5,83,000 P.A.|
|Global Logistics Manager||Rs 10,50,000 P.A.|
|Operations Director||Rs, 9,05,000 P.A.|
|Project Manager||Rs 14,00,000 P.A.|
|Transportation Manager||Rs 5,30,000 P.A.|
Top Recruiters for MBA in Logistics
While candidates with an MBA in Logistics can find jobs in many firms, there are some top recruiters that offer the best packages and growth. These are:
- Adani Logistics
FAQs on MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
What does an MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management do?
What is the salary of an MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management graduate?
What is the scope of an MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management?
What is the eligibility criteria for an MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management?
How can I get admission to MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management?
What is the Course Duration of an MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management?
What are the top career opportunities after an MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management?
Global Logistics Manager
International Logistics Manager
What are the different types of MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management courses one can apply for?
What are the main entrance exams one can go for to get admission to an MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management programme?