5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
PGDM or Post Graduate Diploma in Management specialising in business analytics is a postgraduate degree certification which focuses on teaching students the art of synchronising and analysing data with the assistance of technology. A PGDM course in business analytics is precious in job roles seeking data-driven insights for business planning and decision-making.
What is PGDM Business Analytics?
If somebody is going for a PGDM in business analytics then they will be trained and taught about determining information from complex numbers and data. This course requires students to visit markets physically and not just stick to theoretical concepts. The program has been designed on analytics as an amalgamation of science, arts and technology. Some argue that it is just as valuable as an MBA.
PGDM Business Analytics Course Details:
PGDM in business analytics is a 2 years course and students who have a bachelor’s degree in any field can apply for this post-graduation program. The entrance exam is conducted for admission in colleges or institutes for PGDM in business analytics. The admission and tuition fees total somewhere around 1-10 lakh INR per year and there are excellent job opportunities in companies like HCL, Amazon, Dell, IBM, Wipro, etc. for those who emerge successful.
Why study PGDM Business Analytics?
There are several great future opportunities for studying PGDM in business analytics and they are listed below:
- Dynamic career growth - PGDM in business analytics ensures professional development throughout your career and the nature of the job persuades an individual to learn different skills and movement from one sector to another is quite smooth. The whole learning process in this course is continuous and refining.
- Better salary package - Students with a PGDM certification in business analytics are prone to getting a high salary package. Students can get government jobs after PGDM in business analytics as well and the average salary offered to these graduates can range between 5 to 10 lakhs per annum.
Who should study PGDM Business Analytics?
Almost anyone can do a PGDM in business analytics. The Following are some examples:
- PGDM in business analytics is suitable for both new and experienced professionals. Furthermore, anyone with an analytical approach to data will find this course suitable for themselves.
- People from different professions such as program administrators, operations managers, project leads, etc. who are involved in daily data analytical activities can give this role a try as well.
- Individuals who are willing to work as data analysts and are good with numbers can implement technology into their niche by getting a PGDM in business analytics.
When to do PGDM Business Analytics?
A postgraduate diploma in business analytics needs to be completed as soon as possible after getting a bachelor’s degree. However, one can get it done when they are on their professional journey during their employment in the private or public sector.
Benefits of PGDM Business Analytics Course
There are many reasons to pursue a PGDM in business analytics and they are:
- Trend - firstly, the current business trend suggests the involvement of technology in almost all sectors. And analysing data using technology has become an important part and job role for every industry.
- Future scope - Every organisation is moving towards a data-driven approach and data is the root of all functions. Managing data has never been more important and a business analytics degree can equip an individual with better data management and presentation ideas.
PGDM Business Analytics Admission Process
Filling out the form and paying the registration fees is the first step in the admission process for a PGDM in business analytics at a college. Once the student gets the application form, they will appear for personal interviews.
PGDM Business Analytics Eligibility
Any graduate with a minimum passing mark of 50% can get enrolled in this course.
The following entrance tests are usually conducted for getting admission to a college for a business analytics diploma course.
Entrance Exam Dates
Following are the entrance exam dates for 2022 and 2023.
August 3, 2022 – September 14, 2022
November 27, 2022
August 2022 – December 2022
January 1, 2023
August 1, 2022 – October 10, 2022
October 10, 2022 – December 19, 2022
August 2022 – Nov 2022
Last week of December 2022
Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
Below are certain tips that will assist the applicants in acing the exams;
- Focusing on the fundamentals of the course
- Better organisation of work
- Time management during examination
- Rigorous practice
PGDM Business Analytics Syllabus
The PGDM in Business Analytics syllabus consists of 4 semesters, with each one approximately 6 months long. The subjects range from management function studies to business and corporate law.
PGDM Business Analytics Subjects
The PGDM business analytics syllabus contains several subjects and some of the most important ones are;
- Managerial economics
- Financial accounting
- Case business simulation
- Corporate governance
- Business law
Thus, it can be agreed that a PGDM in business analytics is one of the most beneficial courses for graduates. With a wide range of job opportunities and advanced learning options, anyone can have a prosperous career with this degree. There are many colleges out there that assist students with the best business analytics PGDM certifications, so what are you waiting for?
Sunstone Sunstone is a leading higher education services provider that works with academic institutions in upskilling students for employability. Sunstone offers career-oriented training interventions for undergraduate and postgraduate students at 50+ institutions across 30+ cities.
Sunstone’s training programs are industry endorsed to enhance employability. These programs are designed for hybrid delivery with an unparalleled focus on soft skills and personality development to provide students with a holistic educational experience.
FAQ - PGDM Business Analytics
Is Business Analytics a PG course?
Yes, business analytics is a course that can be pursued only after graduation.
Is a PG Diploma in Business Analytics Worth It?
Many companies are looking for employees with business analytics backgrounds, so it does have major value.
Who is eligible for business analytics?
Anyone with a bachelor’s degree in any field with a 50% passing marks is eligible for a PGDM in business analytics.