5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Graduates with a Postgraduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) can find employment in numerous banks and financial institutions. They can easily find employment in both government and private industries with a Post-Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance. The range of job prospects is enormous due to the versatility of the curriculum and knowledge that students receive.
What is a Post-Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance?
The PGDM in Banking and Finance (PGDB) program aims to produce a productive and competent community of finance and banking experts and professionals with the skills and experience to carry out everyday financial and banking operations. The program's main objectives are the improvement of personal behaviour and fundamental banking abilities.
PGDM vs MBA
A PGDM is a post-graduate diploma in management, and an MBA is a master's in business administration. Both are master-level management-related courses. An MBA is a degree program, whereas a PGDM is a diploma curriculum.
Usually, the Post-Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) program is divided into four semesters that cover various banking and financial courses. Financial accounting, capital markets, money, portfolio and risk management, financial institutions and marketplaces, commercial banking, corporate finance, international banking, financial analysis, and so forth are addressed in the PGDBF program. To get real-world experience, candidates also complete internships.
Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD) Details
PGD in Banking and Finance
Undergraduate degree or it's similar in the relevant field
CAT, MAT or as per the university
INR 60,000-INR 5,00,000
Bank manager, Financial consultant Marketing manager, etc
PGDM Specialisations under Banking and Finance
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Banking Technology
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Banking Operations
- Introduction to Banking and Finance
- Loans and Advances
- Financial Markets
- Corporate Finance
- Foreign Exchange and International Banking
- Evaluation and Structure of Banking in India
- Recent Developments in Banking
- Banking Customer Relationship
- Recent Developments in Banking
- Negotiable Instruments
Eligibility Criteria for PGDM admission
- Candidates may apply after receiving their bachelor's degree in any field. To be admitted to the best institute for a post-graduate diploma in banking and finance, they must have received at least a 55 percent overall in their graduation, matriculation, and intermediate.
- Many colleges and institutes have an age limit of 25 years, and many do not have any limitations.
Who can apply?
- Individuals who are interested in working in the banking or finance industry may apply.
- Those who already hold junior jobs in private or public banks or other financial institutions are encouraged to submit applications to expand their expertise and career options.
- Financial executives, experts, and businesspeople who aim to improve the profitability and effectiveness of routine banking procedures.
The scope of Post-graduate diploma in banking and finance
PGDM in Banking and Finance produces professionals with its vast curriculum and practical learning in every field. Today, the demand for banking and finance professionals in the banking and finance industry is rising like anything. A specialist in their profession possesses a broad range of work options.
It is a treasure trove of opportunities for professionals to spend their priceless expertise on the topics in this industry. The demand for professionals within the banking and finance industries, such as bank managers, accountants, financial managers, and financial analysts, is rising quickly in India.
They have various other options besides being employed by the government, including jobs within private companies such as
- Employment at the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- NMIMS University
- Government Entities
- Income Tax Office, etc
These professions' starting average salaries typically range from INR 3 to 7 lacs (approx.). The main objective of this program is to improve the entire banking sector nationwide. Therefore, the benefits of a Post-Graduate Diploma in banking and finance are enormous and will never be outdated.
The banking and finance industry have always been the backbone of an economy. Together with protecting public money and financial assets, the industry also oversees government entity financial operations and ensures the optimal strategy for investments. The biggest banking and financial corporations are enticing professionals and industry specialists to join them and advance their talents in response to the rapid expansion in this sector. Therefore, choosing the course for a post-graduate diploma in banking and finance will be fruitful and full of scope and opportunities. If you want more clarity, you may contact Sunstone.
Sunstone is a leading higher education services provider that works with academic institutions in upskilling students for employability. Sunstone offers career-oriented training interventions for undergraduate and postgraduate students at 50+ institutions across 30+ cities.
Sunstone’s training programs are industry endorsed to enhance employability. These programs are designed for hybrid delivery with an unparalleled focus on soft skills and personality development to provide students with a holistic educational experience.
FAQ - Diploma for Banking and Finance
Which diploma is best for Banking and Finance?
Below are a few best diplomas in Banking and Finance
- PGDM in Investment Banking
- Corporate and retail banking
- Financial and Management Accounting
Is PGDM in Banking and Finance good?
The PGDM in Banking and Finance brings a broad range of employment prospects in the banking industry, commercial banking, auditing, the financial system, and other related fields. So the answer is yes! PGDM in Banking and Finance is the best.
Can I get a job in a bank after a diploma in Banking and Finance?
Yes, you can surely get a job in a bank after a diploma in banking and finance.