5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Courses After BCA: An Overview
A BCA course opens the door to a wide range of management and technology-related careers. See some of the best specialised courses after doing BCA to advance your career. A student who earns a Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is well-prepared for a promising profession in information and technology. In India, many of the best institutions and universities offer this well-liked course. A BCA degree opens up a wide range of career opportunities, with several positions in the IT industry. However, in order to get the most out of this three-year curriculum, students must select the appropriate postgraduate specialisation.
BCA students frequently struggle with the decision of which masters-level specialisation to pursue, but this problem may be solved by doing a three-point analysis based on Interest, Aptitude, and Future. To be able to choose the best path of action, it is essential to be aware of the courses and specialisations a BCA graduate can enrol in. The following programmes are available to you after pursuing your BCA:
- Masters in Computer Management (MCM)
- Information Security Management (ISM)
- Post Graduate Program in Corporate Studies (PGPCS)
- Master of Computer Applications(MCA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Masters in Information Management (MIM)
- IT Certifications
Best Specialisation Courses After BCA
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA): This senior-level course equips professionals to meet the demanding standards of the IT sector. It places a strong emphasis on business management, mathematics, and the planning, development, and construction of sophisticated commercial applications and system software.
- Masters of Information Management (MIM): An MBA in IT or a Master of Information Management trains a student to oversee the information and technology division of an organisation. The two-year programme equips students with the abilities and knowledge necessary to comprehend and meet user needs, create innovative technologies, and safeguard information assets.
- Master of Computer Management (MCM): The Master of Computer Management degree combines managerial and computer expertise. Students learn the fundamentals of management and computing in this course. The students receive fundamental instruction in marketing, financial, and operations management, as well as complex computer programme development and problem-solving skills. A candidate might also choose to apply for other government jobs through competitive tests after graduating MCM. They may be able to get employment in a number of government agencies, including BHEL, SAIL, ISRO, and the railroads.
- Post Graduate Program in Corporate Studies (PGPCS): It is a two-year programme in management studies that BCA students can enrol in to pursue careers in marketing, finance, operations, information technology, and other management-related fields.
- Information Security Management (ISM): It is a field of study that focuses on risk management, evaluation, risk technology, and policy. The postgraduate programme provides knowledge and expertise in managing intricate technical security systems, operational costs, a variety of policies, user behaviour, etc. The programme includes in-depth instruction essential for the security of computer networks in businesses.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Those who have a managerial tendency may choose to pursue an MBA after completing a BCA. MBA is a successful alternative even though MCA or a graduate programme in IT would be better. For a successful and secure future, students who intend to pursue an MBA after completing their BCA programme should specialise in IT. MBA-IT programmes are offered by prestigious management institutes such IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, MDI, XLRI, and IIFT. Students can choose an MBA specialisation in marketing, data science, data analytics, or operations.
- IT Certifications: Depending on their area of interest, BCA graduates can pursue a variety of IT certifications. For instance, Amazon offers a wide variety of certification programmes for the various software they are creating. One of the most valuable markets right now is Amazon's cloud computing certifications.
The technological world is fascinating because it constantly reaches and explores new heights. Because jobs that are in high demand right now might become outdated in a few years, it is critical to innovate and keep one step ahead of the competition at all times. The best certification specialisations after BCA listed above are for students who want to advance in their careers and be successful.
What can I do after my BCA?
BCA graduates have an abundance of prospects, and their options are seemingly unlimited, both domestically and internationally. Jobs in the public, private, and governmental sectors are included. MCA is a wonderful alternative if you want to stay in college and continue your education.
What is the scope of BCA?
Depending on the abilities the student learned during BCA, BCA career options have a wide range of work opportunities, including those as a web designer, system manager, software developer, computer programmer, web developer, software developer, software tester, etc.
Is BCA good for the future?
After receiving your BCA, you are qualified for a variety of entry-level work opportunities in the information technology field. In addition, you have the opportunity to get an MCA at the graduate level, which will enable you to participate in an even wider variety of professional settings. The Bachelor of Computer Applications degree is a powerful tool that puts you in a better position to have a successful career in terms of employment.
What are the BCA subjects?
The topics covered in the BCA syllabus include web design, web-based application development, networking, software engineering, multimedia systems, computer fundamentals and data structures.
Please visit our website today at www.sunstone.in to get more information.