5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
FMS Delhi Admission Criteria: The Detailed Guide
The Faculty of Management Studies at the University of Delhi, located in New Delhi, India, is a highly-regarded business school. Founded in 1954 as part of the University of Delhi, FMS is recognised as one of the top management schools in India.
The Master of Business Administration degree at FMS Delhi is competitive, and admission is based on a candidate’s score on the Common Admission Test (CAT). Concerning the MBA course placements, FMS Delhi attracts a wide range of prominent companies from India, such as HDFC Bank, Jubilant, ITC, InfoEdge, IBM, Accenture, and KPMG.
FMS Admission Criteria
To be considered for admission to the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) at the University of Delhi, the following FMS eligibility criteria must be met:
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree of at least 3 years, earned after completing class 12, with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (with the exception of SC/ST candidates who only need to have passed and OBC/PwD and CW category candidates who need 45% marks at graduation).
- Similar to the general MBA eligibility in India, the applicant must take the CAT 2022 exam and achieve the required minimum sectional and overall percentile scores to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Candidates currently in the final year of their bachelor’s degree program or have completed their degree requirements but are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for the FMS Delhi MBA program for the 2023-25 batch.
Remember, candidates must clear the required FMS Delhi cut-off to be able to get admission. Getting the bare minimum score is not sufficient for admission to FMS Delhi.
FMS Delhi Admission Process
The process for admission to the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) at the University of Delhi for the 2023-2025 batch includes the following steps:
Step 1: Appear for the CAT Exam
Candidates must appear for the Common Entrance Test (or CAT), which is generally conducted by one of the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) in India. All applicants must achieve a minimum sectional and overall percentile in order to be considered for further admission rounds by FMS Delhi.
Step 2: Attend the Selection Interview
Shortlisted candidates will be required to participate in group discussions, personal interviews, and extempore rounds, as per the FMS Delhi admission criteria for 2023-2025.
Below are the details of the FMS selection criteria:
- Different weights will be assigned to the scores of the various sections of CAT 2022 for the purpose of shortlisting candidates for the interview process and final selection to promote gender and academic diversity.
- A weightage score will be calculated by giving 40% weight to Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), 30% weight to Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), and 30% weight to Quantitative Ability (QA).
- Additionally, a 5-mark bonus will be added to the weighted score for female candidates for the purpose of shortlisting for the interview process.
- A student’s overall profile is also considered during the final selection process.
Step 3: Receive the Admission Decision
The Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) interview process at the University of Delhi may be conducted remotely through an online platform. Successful candidates will be notified through shortlists, which will be published on the official website of FMS Delhi, and will be categorised.
Step-by-Step Guide to Fill Out the FMS Application Form
The steps for filling out an application form for the MBA course at the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi, are as follows:
- Go to the official website of FMS Delhi.
- Click on the link labelled ‘Click here to apply now.’
- Fill out the registration form by providing the following information: your name, a permanent email address, a valid mobile number, a password of your choice, your state and city, and the captcha code.
- Click the ‘Register’ button and check the email address provided in the registration form for a link.
- Click on the received link and provide the following information: your CAT 2022 registration number/user ID, date of birth, gender, nationality, an alternate email ID, landline number with STD code, marital status, category, and your parents’ details.
- Click on the ‘NEXT’ tab and provide your address details, educational qualifications, and work experience details.
- Make payment for the application fee. (1000 for General candidates and 35 for PwD)
- Download the application receipt for future reference.
After filling out the form, candidates need to submit the form and make the payment; in case of any missing information, the candidates will be prompted to fill in the missing information once they click on the next button.
Details of the FMS MBA Course Fee
- The cost for the MBA course at the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) is ₹1.92 lakh.
- This fee also applies to the MBA Executive and MBA Executive (Healthcare Administration) courses offered by FMS Delhi.
- The fees for all programs are due at the start of the academic year.
- Students are encouraged to reach out to the Faculty of Management Studies Delhi admissions department to obtain a comprehensive fee structure.
Note: The above fee information is for the 2022 academic session and may not be definitive. The institute has yet to announce the fees for the 2023 academic session.
Many young individuals aspire to take the CAT exam and apply for the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) MBA program at the University of Delhi for the 2023 academic session.
As a prospective MBA student, you may also enrol in an MBA course at a campus that offers Sunstone’s benefits.
Sunstone is a reputable education provider that offers its students a wide range of services to prepare them for flourishing careers. Besides admission and full placement support, Sunstone provides learning modules that align with the industry, 100+ hours of job-specific boot camps, and soft skills training to help students develop professionally and personally.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is eligible for FMS Delhi?
Students with a bachelor’s degree of at least 3 years and a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA are eligible for admission to FMS Delhi. You may refer to the above article to read the other eligibility requirements.
What CAT score is required for FMS?
The minimum CAT score requirement for admittance to the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) MBA program at the University of Delhi is typically around the 98 to 99 percentile. Candidates who score 99 percentile or higher have a strong chance of receiving an admission offer from FMS Delhi.
Can I join FMS without CAT?
No, it is mandatory for candidates to take the CAT exam to be considered for admission to FMS Delhi University. The institute only accepts CAT scores for domestic candidates and does not consider scores from other MBA entrance exams. (You may refer to these preparation tips for management exams to obtain the desired score.)