Have you recently finished your MCA course? Are you looking for a job after finishing your MCA? If so, you've come to the correct place. The Master of Computer Applications, also known as MCA, is a three-year postgraduate degree programme. The expansion of the IT sector and the formation of new organisations has boosted the demand for computer professionals, prompting students to pursue master's degrees in order to broaden their knowledge in the field of computers. Even if an MCA degree is job-oriented in and of itself, pursuing higher education is a possible alternative if you want to establish a great career in this industry by specialising in a certain area or by increasing your skill sets. This blog will throw light on the variety of specialisation courses after MCA.
Government Jobs After MCA
After completing your MCA, you will be eligible to apply for a variety of government and private positions in India.
- Senior System Analyst
- IT Officer
Which Course Is Best After MCA?
As a professional master's degree programme, the MCA syllabus provides a complete overview of computer applications and conveys in-depth expertise in areas such as programming, networking, and information technology. Some of the most popular after MCA courses are listed below:
- MBA - Ventures into computer-related businesses are becoming increasingly popular among MCA graduates. One such programme that provides students with industry-relevant skills is the MBA in Computer Science, a two-year degree programme. Database Management Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning, Management Information System, E-Commerce, Entrepreneurship, and other topics are covered in the course. As a result, combining technical expertise with commercial understanding broadens your employment options.
- PhD - If you want to go further into the research field, studying for a PhD after MCA can be an excellent option. This 3-5 year specialised degree programme broadens your knowledge and improves your analytical skills in the field. Some of the topics covered in the degree programme include database systems, information security, software engineering, and computational theory. Furthermore, a doctorate degree from an international university opens up a myriad of fields to concentrate in, and upon completion, you can select academics or research as your career path.
- MS - The 2-year professional degree programme allows you to specialise in disciplines such as hardware, architecture, software engineering, data science, and so on, opening the door to a variety of job prospects. To study for an MS in Computer Science, you must meet the eligibility requirements, which include valid scores on language proficiency tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
What Is The Next Step After MCA?
If you do not want to spend years studying a PhD or a specialised master's degree programme, a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science or certificate programme can be a good option. These courses concentrate on the most important aspects of computers and cover them in a short period of time. Some of the many short-term courses available after MCA include a Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Software Development, a Graduate Certificate in 3D Animation, a CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) certification course, Cloud Computing courses, and a PG Diploma in Cyber Security and a Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics.
Specialised Courses after MCA
After MCA, you can choose from a variety of specialised courses. Some of the most popular subjects are listed below:
- Software Engineering - Software engineering focuses on the operation of computer systems. This specialisation will teach you how to design interfaces and write programming programmes, among other things. Because of the advancement of new technologies, software engineers are in high demand and among the highest-paid experts in the field.
- Hardware Engineering - This course is about designing, testing, and creating computer hardware from the ground up. Specialising in hardware engineering provides skills in the tangible aspect of the computer system, from developing memory chips and circuit boards to envisioning the entire design of computer systems.
- Programming - Programmers are responsible for creating code that can effectively execute computer functions. With the emergence of technologies such as AI, IoT, and Blockchain Technology, these specialists are always in great demand, particularly in game development, Software Development, and so on.
- Web Designing - A web designer is in charge of conceptualising and developing a website's layout and user experience. Web designers will always be in demand in the age of digital technology.
Certificate Courses After MCA
After finishing your MCA, you can enrol in a certificate programme. In the industry, these courses are in high demand. They are listed below.
- Cloud Computing: Cloud computing services are an essential component of IT businesses. They rely on the cloud computing method to host their data and applications.
- Data Scientist: The field of data science has great potential. It is mostly concerned with data analysis and information, as well as applying computer skills to handle large amounts of data.
- Machine Learning: The use of machine learning can be found in artificial intelligence. The breadth of machine learning is wide, and the number of people with knowledge in this sector will grow in the next few years. IIT Madras is one of the top institutes that offers a machine learning programme.
- DevOps: This process integrates various procedures between software development and IT teams. This is done to allow for speedier software deployment and development.
Can I Do A PhD After MCA?
It is feasible to pursue a PhD after completing an MCA in India, and you will require GATE or NET results to apply for a PhD at an Indian university. You must also produce a research thesis and a suitable qualifying score. If you wish to apply for a PhD programme abroad, you must first pass the GRE.
When you finish your degree, a placement catalyst like Sunstone can help you open up a world of prospects. Sunstone ensures that you are regarded as an asset when leaving college. We will try to keep you in the management industry's good graces. Sunstone's training programmes are industry-endorsed and designed to improve employability. These are designed for hybrid delivery, with an emphasis on soft skills and personality development.