5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Python Developer Salary in India in 2023
In today's world, Python is one of the most widely used object-oriented programming languages. The demand for python professionals in the industry is ever-increasing, making it one of the most popular languages today. Besides that, Python offers a variety of tech jobs, including Python Developer, Business Analyst, Data Scientist, Software Engineer, Full Stack Developer, and more.
Each specific job will require a different set of skills and the completion of a different set of tasks. You can acquire these skills by pursuing a bachelor’s in computer applications from a leading college. You will learn all programming languages, including Python, in a BCA degree.
So, if you want to pursue Bachelor's in Computer Application and become a software engineer in India, keep reading this article. Here we have covered topics like the job role of python developers, their salary, and top recruiters.
Role of a Python Developer
- Python developers create server-side web applications.
- Web applications are connected to web servers through back-end components developed by them.
- Development, deployment, and debugging are the main tasks of a Python Developer.
- As well as implementing security and data protection, s/he is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the data.
- Additionally, Python Developers coordinate with internal teams to understand requirements and improve the functionality of existing systems.
Benefits of Learning Python
Programmers commonly use Python to create web applications, websites, medical tools, desktop applications, GUIs, and back-end APIs. Machine learning and artificial intelligence applications make this highly-scalable programming language even more appealing.
Earning a Python certification has several advantages:
- The Python programming language is used in a wide range of applications by many leading global technologies.
- There is always a need for skilled Python developers at these significant technology companies.
- The Python programming language is the language of choice for most tech companies regarding big data analytics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
- You can significantly increase your career opportunities by earning a Python certification from a reputable institution.
- Due to its flexible syntax and robust library, Python is an ideal programming language for beginners.
Python Developer Salary in India
Forbes says Python will be the most sought-after skill in 2023. Many industry leaders use Python, including Google, NASA, Instagram, and IBM. Currently, 8.2 million developers use Python. The average salary for Python Developer in India ₹4,89,656. Several factors affect salary, including location, work experience, and company.
Python Developer Salary – Based on Experience
The salary of a Python Developer in India depends on their expertise and job experience. The Python developer salary in India for freshers, mid-levels, and experienced professionals is listed below.
- Python developer fresher salaries in India is ₹4,27,293 LPA,
- A mid-level python developer salary can earn about ₹9,09,818 LPA, and
- An experienced person can make about ₹1,150,000.
Python Developer Salary – Based on Location
Your salary depends on the city in which you live. The average income in Bangalore is ₹6,69,787, whereas the average income in Mumbai is ₹5,79,728.
The following table provides an overview of salaries in different Indian cities.
Average annual salary
According to the data published on job searching portals, Python Developers from Bangalore city earn 21% more than those in other cities. In comparison, developers in Gurgaon earn 26% more, and developers in Chennai, Pune, and Hyderabad earn the least.
Python Developer Salary – Based on Job Roles
You can get different job roles depending on your skill set and responsibilities. Based on your job role, here is an average salary. Salaries may differ depending on the company where you work.
Average annual salary
Machine learning engineer
Python Developer Salary vs Other Programming Languages
In 2018, Python was the hottest technology, according to Stack Overflow. According to the latest annual report from Stack Overflow, Python ranks third among the most popular IT skills in 2019. Its supply exceeds its demand, making Python a popular technical skill. Therefore, Python can give you access to a wide range of opportunities.
Here is a comparison of Python Developer salaries compared to other programming languages.
- An average Ruby on Rails Developer's salary is ₹5.2 lakhs annually.
- The average Java Developer salary is ₹4.1 lakhs per year.
- Perl Developers have an annual package of ₹6.8 lakhs.
- C++ Developers have an average yearly salary of ₹7.07 lakhs
- A full-stack developer salary in India is ₹6 lakhs annually
- .NET Developers have an average yearly salary of ₹5 lakhs
- PHP Developers have an average package of ₹3 lakhs per year.
- The average Python Developer’s fresher salary in India is ₹4.2 lakhs.
Top Companies Recruiting Python Developers
The following are the top recruiters hiring python developers.
- Walt Disney
Sunstone has partnered with more than 50 colleges across India. Get your BCA degree from any of these colleges to become a software engineer in India. Here are some reasons why you should sign up with Sunstone.
- Sunstone offers 100+ hours of job-focused training modules to help you upskill yourself.
- You can access advanced and in-demand certification courses designed by industry experts.
- Students have been assured 50+ guaranteed interviews with more than 1000 leading recruiters.
- You will get lifelong placement support through Sunstone’s alumni network.
FAQ - Python Developer Salary
Is Python developer a good career?
Yes, the demand for Python developers is high - not just because Python is so popular and widely used, but primarily because Python has become a solution in many fields.
Which Python job has the highest salary?
The following python jobs have the highest salary.
- Data scientist,
- Python developer and
- Senior software developer.
Which has more salary: Java or Python?
Java developers in India earn an average salary of ₹4,55,000 annually, and Python developers earn ₹4,46,000 yearly. You can start your career as a developer quickly if you learn Java or Python flawlessly.