5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Every university has unique characteristics and resources to educate its students. The best engineering colleges in Maharashtra often have state-of-the-art labs, excellent training facilities and high-quality education.
Numerous engineering colleges in Maharashtra provide engineering programmes in various fields, including mechanical engineering, civil engineering, computer science engineering, and many more. The NIRF ranking of engineering colleges in Maharashtra relies on factors such as placement rates, campus amenities, and high-quality education.
List of Top Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra
Indian Institute of Technology - IIT, Bombay
- NIRF Rank: 3rd. IIT Bombay ranks among the top 10 engineering colleges in Maharashtra.
- Fees: The total fees of a four-year-long B.Tech program are ₹8 lakhs to ₹20 lakhs. On the other hand, the total cost of an M.Tech degree is ₹1.2 lakhs to ₹10 lakhs.
- Cut Off: The closing JEE ranks for the B.Tech admission at IIT Bombay ranged from 61 to 3783, depending on the specialisation.
- Placements: The average package offered at the IIT Bombay placements in 2022 was ₹22.7 lakhs per annum (LPA) for the domestic market and ₹60.9 LPA for the overseas market. The top recruiters at IIT Bombay in 2022 were Uber, Rubrik, Millennium, WorldQuant, Blackstone, and more.
- Admission: The eligibility criteria for the B.Tech program are valid scores in JEE Main, JEE Advanced and JOSAA Counselling with a minimum of 75% in PCM at the 10+12 equivalent.
Institute of Chemical Technology - ICT, Mumbai
- NIRF Rank: 18th
- Fees: The total fees of a four-year-long B.Tech program are ₹3.48 lakhs to ₹4.5 lakhs. However, the tuition fee for an M.Tech degree ranges from ₹1.42 lakhs to ₹4.5 lakhs.
- Cut Off: Compared to the other engineering colleges in Maharashtra, the closing MH CET and JEE Main rank for the ICT admission to the different B. Tech specialisation ranged from 895 to 4796 and 1003 to 5537, respectively.
- Placements: ICT offered an average salary of ₹6.5 LPA to B.Tech graduates in 2021. The top recruiting companies at the ICT placement cell are Adidas, Aditya Birla Group, Asian Paints, Cadbury, Coca-Cola, Godrej and more.
- Admission: National and state-level entrance tests like JEE Main and MH CET determine the acceptance of students to the B.Tech and B.Chem engineering programs at ICT with a relevant score in Class 12.
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology - VNIT, Nagpur
- Rank: 32nd
- Fees: The tuition fee for a B.Tech program at the VNIT is ₹5 lakhs. On the other hand, the postgraduate fees of an M.Tech degree range from ₹1.4 lakhs to ₹1.74 lakhs.
- Cut Off: The closing rank of the CSAB Special round 1 ranged from 12,957 to 56,960 in 2022.
- Placements: In 2022, The highest and average packages were ₹34.25 LPA and ₹10.36 LPA, respectively.
- Admission: JEE Main scores determine the acceptance to the VNIT Nagpur BTech programme, followed by JoSAA Counseling in 2022. Furthermore, Central Seat Allocation Board Special Rounds of counselling take place for NIT+ system seats, which are still open in JoSAA.
College of Engineering, Pune
- Rank: 72nd. College of Engineering comes under the top 10 government engineering colleges in Maharashtra.
- Fees: The total fees of a B.Tech/B.E program range from ₹2.58 lakhs to ₹3.62 lakhs. The cost of an M.Tech degree ranges from ₹1.29 lakhs to ₹1.91 lakhs.
- Cut Off: In the All India category, the MAH CET cut-off for Round 2 at the College of Engineering was 63.81 % in 2022.
- Placements: Leading corporations, including Tata, Infosys, and Google, were among the top employers at the College of Engineering in 2022. 55.45% of COEP BTech graduates in 2022 have received placements.
- Admission: For the ultimate acceptance to BTech programmes at COEP, applicants must have completed their Class 12 coursework with a 45% passing grade and taken the MH-CET or JEE Main.
World Peace University - MIT WPU, Pune
- Rank: 116th. The World Peace University is located in Pune and is among the best engineering colleges in Maharashtra.
- Fees: The total fees of a B.Tech/B.E program range from ₹6.5 lakhs to ₹20 lakhs.
- Cut Off: The estimated MH CET score is approximately 140 and above to secure admission at MIT WPU.
- Placements: The median compensation package at MIT WPU placements in 2022 was ₹7.25 LPA. IBM, HCL, Michelin India, Amdocs, Infosys, ONGC, Hitachi, and other companies were among the top employers in 2022.
- Admission: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% and a valid score in JEE MAIN, MH CET or PERA CET for acceptance to a B.Tech degree.
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute - VJTI, Mumbai
Fees: The cost of a B.Tech/B.E program ranges from ₹60,000 to ₹2.26 lakhs, whereas the total cost of an M.Tech degree is ₹1.65 lakhs.
Cut Off: The cut-off of the institution, precisely the closing home state rank, ranged from 105 for Computer Engineering to 14096 for textile technology engineering.
Placements: Leading businesses like DE Shaw India, Amazon, Myntra, and LinkedIn are among the top recruits at VJTI BTECH placements. The average pay packages ranged from ₹6.59 LPA to ₹18.21 LPA for different B.Tech specialisation.
Admission: Similar to the other top engineering colleges in Maharashtra, national-level JEE Main or MHT CET exams are acceptable as entrance requirements for the B.Tech programme at VJTI, Mumbai.
College of Engineering, Bharatiya Vidyapeeth, Pune
- Rank: 131st
- Fees: The total fees of a B.Tech/B.E program range from ₹2.85 lakhs to ₹7 lakhs, whereas the total cost of an M.Tech/M.E degree is ₹1 to ₹1.07 lakhs.
- Cut Off: The BVP CET will carry 200 total points. The typical cut-off is estimated to lie between 170-180 points.
- Placements: The average salary for the BTech 2021 class at Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering in Pune was ₹3.80 LPA.
- Admission: BVP CET scores decide the final acceptance to the BTech programme. Additionally, candidates must have earned a cumulative 45% on their class 12 or equivalent exams.
Top Engineering Colleges by Location
Many aspiring engineers focus on developing technical and soft skills to benefit from suitable employment opportunities in a cutthroat job market.
Sunstone is a leading higher education services provider that works with academic institutions in upskilling students for employability. Sunstone offers career-oriented training interventions for undergraduate and postgraduate students at 50+ institutions across 35+ cities.
Sunstone’s training programs are industry endorsed to enhance employability. These programs are designed for hybrid delivery with an unparalleled focus on soft skills and personality development. Sunstone’s focus is to provide students with a holistic educational experience.
Contact us to know more details!