5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Top IITS in India 2023
IIT colleges in India are public technical institutes owned by the central government and located throughout India. IIT entrance exams, such as JEE Main, and JEE Advanced, are highly competitive. IIT in India also provides a BTech and MTech integrated educational programme known as a dual degree.
Indian Institutes of Technology subsidiaries are world-renowned for their engineering education and research. We curated a list of IIT colleges in India which offer numerous degrees, including B. Tech and Dual degree courses. The course structure is similar for all students in the first year of BTech and Dual Degree courses at IITs.
IIT Bombay - Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay or IITB) is located in Powai and is among the top 10 IIT colleges in India.
- Admission & courses: IIT Bombay considers JEE Advanced scores for admission to B.Tech, BS, and B.Tech M.Tech integrated programmes. The institute offers acceptance to the B.Des program and M. Tech degree based on the UCEED and GATE scores, respectively.
- Fees: The tuition cost for a B. Tech, BS and B. Des degree ranges from ₹8.43 lakhs to ₹10.67 lakhs. The tuition fee for an M. Tech degree is ₹2.28 lakhs.
- Placements: The top recruiters at the IIT Bombay placement cell are IBM, Strand, Microsoft, Apple, Google, Uber, Sony, Samsung, Mckinsey and more. The average salary package in 2022 was ₹22.72 lakhs per annum.
IIT Madras - Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
One of the oldest and the best IITs in India is IIT, Madras
- Admission & courses: Students seeking acceptance to IIT Madras' B.Tech programme must first pass the JEE Advanced exam, followed by a counselling process. Students who are pursuing an M.Tech degree must take and pass the GATE examination.
- Fees: The tuition fee for a B. Tech course and M. Tech dual degree is ₹8.04 lakhs and ₹10.05 lakhs, respectively. The M.Tech degree courses at IIT Madras have annual fees ranging from ₹95,000 to ₹1.15 lakhs.
- Placements: In 2021, 292 students from the UG (4-Year Programme) were placed, with an average annual salary package of ₹15,00,000.
IIT Delhi - Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
IIT Delhi also ranks as one of the best IITs in India due to its centres of excellence for science, engineering, and technology training, research, and development.
- Admission & courses: Aspiring candidates must first appear and pass JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Later, candidates who have passed the JEE Advanced must register on the Joint Seat Allocation Authority's official website to participate in the JoSAA counselling.
- Fees: The tuition fee for a B. Tech specialisation course is ₹8.04 lakhs. On the other hand, an M. Tech degree costs approximately ₹9 lakhs.
- Placements: IIT Delhi offered an annual salary of ₹26,00,000 on average. Some top recruiters at IIT Delhi include Accenture, Cisco, HCL, IBM, Airtel, and others.
IIT Kharagpur - Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Within the top IIT rankings in India, IIT Kharagpur is also a famous institution of choice among aspiring engineerings.
- Admission & courses: Students must have scored at least 75% marks in the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with a valid score in JEE Advanced for admission to B. Tech courses.
- Fees: The tuition fee for a B. Tech specialisation course and B. Tech & M. Tech dual degree is ₹8.47 lakhs and ₹10.58 lakhs, respectively.
- Placement: Amazon, Flipkart, Larsen & Toubro, Vedanta, Syngene, and many other companies are major recruiters at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. In 2021, the median annual salary offered was ₹15,00,000.
IIT Kanpur - Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Established in 1959, IIT Kanpur is one of India's oldest and most sought-after IITs.
- Admission & courses: Candidates must take JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced to gain acceptance to undergraduate programmes such as B.E/B.Tech and B.S. The institute accepts GATE and JAM scores for M.Tech and M.Sc research programme admission.
- Fees: The tuition fee for B. Tech courses is ₹9.98 lakhs, whereas an M. Tech program costs approximately ₹1.19 lakhs.
- Placements: The average annual salary package offered to undergraduates in 2021 was ₹19,20,000. Some top recruiting firms at IIT Kanpur are ITC Limited, Samsung, EXL Services, Microsoft, Reliance, Intel, Oracle, Goldman Sachs, Axis Bank, and Google.
IIT Roorkee - Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee is a technical university in Roorkee, Uttarakhand. With the most academic units, it is one of the finest technical institutes on our list of IIT colleges in India.
- Admission & courses: Students must take JEE Main and then JEE Advanced for acceptance to B. Tech courses. After passing the JEE Advanced exam and receiving their results, students must obtain an All India Rank.
- Fees: The tuition fee for B. Tech specialisation is ₹8.52 lakhs. On the other hand, an M. Tech degree costs ₹50,000.
- Placement: Every year, prestigious companies like Deloitte, HCL, IBM, Infosys, ICICI Bank, and others participate in the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee placement drive and hire students. The average annual salary offered to students was ₹10,58,000
IIT BHU - Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University
Situated in Varanasi, IIT BHU is among the top IIT colleges in India. The institution lies inside the campus of Banaras Hindu University.
- Admission & courses: Candidates seeking acceptance to B.Tech programmes must have a valid JEE Advanced score. The admission committee accepts candidates with high GATE scores at the postgraduate level.
- Fees: The total course feels for B. Tech programs is ₹8.58 lakhs. An M. Tech degree costs ₹55,380 whereas a B. Tech and M. Tech dual degree costs ₹10.71 lakhs.
- Placement: The average salary offered to undergraduate students at IIT BHU for undergraduate courses (four years and five years) was ₹13,48,000 and ₹13,50,000 per annum, respectively. The companies like Google, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, Samsung, Deloitte, and American Express are the major recruiters at IIT BHU.
Regarding student admissions, the Bachelor of Technology or B. Tech course is the most common and popular undergraduate degree at the IITs.
If you are an aspiring engineering student, you can opt for a B. Tech course with the benefits of Sunstone. Sunstone is a leading higher education services provider that works with academic institutions in upskilling students for employability. Sunstone offers career-oriented training interventions for undergraduate and postgraduate students at 50+ institutions across 30+ cities.
Sunstone’s training programs are industry endorsed to enhance employability. These programs are designed for hybrid delivery with an unparalleled focus on soft skills and personality development to provide students with a holistic educational experience.
You May Also Read
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2023: Age Limit
JEE Advanced 2023 Cutoff : Rank List