Have you ever got exhilarated by digital marketing gurus like Neil Patel and Garry Vee? Have you ever thought of pursuing a career in digital marketing? This highlights the importance of digital marketing as a career option and the incredible penchant for digital marketing in today's time. With an always expanding number of associations placing resources into digital marketing, reliably look for proficient digital marketers to journey the boat. On such premises, various institutes have started bestowing digital marketing education to their students.
Scope & Need of Digital Marketing in 2021
Digital marketing alludes to the use of digital methodology to promote products/services and maintain brand vitality. According to the report by Statista, as of October 2020, a total of 59% of the world population uses the internet, and 4.14 billion users are active on social media platforms. It reflects the broad scope of digital marketing in the future.
Digital marketing has proved to be one of the most effective ways to conduct marketing campaigns throughout the world.
In fact, digital marketing has become a need for every business. Having an online presence and serving consumers is now vital to surviving.
With the increasing time people spend on the Internet, companies have naturally had to shift their focus.
Thus, the scope of digital marketing is increasing day by day.
Is Digital Marketing growing in demand?
Is a career in digital marketing rewarding? Yes, in recent times, digital marketing is considered one of the most lucrative career options for students with a plethora of employment opportunities with the required skillset in digital marketing. Naukri.com announced more than 15000 job opportunities in the first quarter of 2020. However, 91% of top Digital Marketing placement companies prefer candidates with certification as a cardinal hiring touchstone and willing to offer higher salaries to digital marketing certified applicants. Here is the rundown of the importance of digital marketing as a career option-
- Infinite job opportunities- The demand for digital marketing professionals is not limited to one segment but necessitates worldwide. From top MNCs like Facebook, to new business startups, every organisation needs digital marketing to build their brand reputation and goodwill in the market. It gets expected that this industry will solely produce more than 20 lakhs of jobs by the end of 2021.
- Highly-paid profession- Digital marketing is the most-sought-after and evolving career path with a high salary. Due to the scarcity of digital marketing talent, many companies proffer significantly high compensation to worthy candidates. Professionals with digital marketing certification can better negotiate and enjoy a high salary, even as a beginner.
- Flexibility- Digital marketing never looks like a nine to five monotonous job as it ensures greater flexibility. Since it revolves around the internet, a physical location rarely comes into play. You can perform your duties anytime and anywhere.
- Creativity- Digital marketing is one of the most prominent fields in India. It imbibes a wide array of responsibilities like curating high-quality content, lead generation, PPC management, and email marketing that fabricate a creative thinker. A digital marketing job is never tedious but always intriguing and artistic.
Average Salary offered to a digital marketing fresher
Enrolling in a digital marketing course helps to develop advanced skills and open doors to better opportunities. Check out the list of some top job opportunities after the digital marketing course along with salary as per industrial standards -
|Jobs||Average Salary (per annum)|
|Digital Marketing Strategist||3L- 4L p.a.|
|Digital Marketing Manager||6L- 8L p.a.|
|Web Content Manager||3L- 4L p.a.|
|SEO Analyst||5L- 6L p.a.|
|Online Lead Manager||4L- 5L p.a.|
|Google AdWords Specialist||5L- 6L p.a.|
|Email Marketing Specialist||4L- 5L p.a.|
|Online Reputation Manager||7L- 8L p.a.|
|Social Media Manager||4L– 5L p.a.|
|Content Writer||3L- 4L p.a.|
|Digital Branding Head||8L- 9L p.a.|
The above mentioned jobs are some of the most prominent ones, though the list is endless. In a nutshell, digital marketing offers jobs in every nook and crook of the industry.
Salary Package for a Fresher
In India, the average salary of a digital marketing professional ranges from INR 4,00,000 per annum. But the starting salary of digital marketing jobs ranges between INR 2,00,000 to 3,00,000 per annum. With experience and mastery in this field, one can anticipate a climb of 40% to 80% per annum. In light of organisations' standards and guidelines, candidates with more than two years of experience can vouch for 4,00,000 to 7,00,000 per annum.
Experienced professionals with digital marketing certification can accommodate for an additional 20% to 40% hike in salary than others without any certification and skillset.
Digital Marketing Important Skills
To get selected in top digital marketing recruiting companies like Webchutney, Pinstorm, WatConsult, and Intellem, one needs to possess some skillset. Listed below are some skillset for digital marketing that you must inculcate to standout in the competition-
· Data Analytics
· Be Tech-Savvy
· Be Persuasive
· Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skills
Now the question arises what is the minimum qualification required? or how to start a career in digital marketing? Well, there is no such minimum qualification required to start a career in digital marketing, but doing a course can enhance the chances and act as a sense of direction.
To pass by realities, according to the report by Marketing Hiring Trends, over 44% of organisations will recruit digital marketers, and the demand is more than the stockpile. Indeed, it is perhaps the most adaptable and light-footed callings that one can decide. Be that as it may, in the event that you need to have some expertise in this area, you need to upskill and get yourself certified to get the best digital marketing placements.