5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Once you cross the crucial milestone of completing high school, you start your next exciting journey in the professional world. As you stand at the crossroads of endless possibilities, the question arises: What course should you pursue after 12th grade? For example, students who want to pursue a career in the computer field get confused between the B.Tech program and the BCA program. This is an important decision that can set the stage for your career and personal growth. In this blog, we will navigate through the vast sea of opportunities and help you uncover the perfect course that aligns with your passions, interests, and aspirations.
Trending Courses to Pursue After 12th
In recent years, several emerging fields and industries have gained significant growth, offering exciting career opportunities for students after completing their 12th grade. Here are some of the trending courses to pursue after the 12th that have drawn attention and present promising opportunities:
- B.tech full form is Bachelor of Technology which is a four-year undergraduate program awarded in the field of engineering and technology. The course focuses on technical and practical aspects of various disciplines within engineering.
- B.Tech programs offer specialised knowledge and skills in areas such as computer science engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, chemical engineering, aerospace engineering, and many more.
- The curriculum typically includes a combination of core engineering courses, elective courses, laboratory work, and project-based learning.
- Students can apply for admission to various B.Tech programmes offered by universities after completing their 12th grade with a minimum of 50% and with a science background (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects).
- The admission process typically involves students giving a few of the top engineering entrance examinations conducted at the national, state, or institutional level, followed by counselling or merit-based selection.
- This degree opens up various career opportunities in many industries such as construction, software development, telecommunications, automotive, research and development, and more.
- Graduates may also choose to pursue higher education, such as a Master's degree (M.Tech) or doctoral studies (PhD) to further specialise in their field or explore research and academia.
- The full form of BBA is Bachelor of Business Administration and is a three-year undergraduate program focusing on various aspects of business and management. It is a popular choice for students who aspire to pursue careers in the business field.
- BBA programs offer specialised knowledge and skills in areas such as marketing, finance, human resource management, operations management, and many more.
- In addition to theoretical knowledge, BBA programs often incorporate practical components such as case studies, group projects, internships, and experiential learning opportunities.
- Students have to meet the eligibility criteria specified by the institution for the BBA program. This typically includes having completed the 10+2 from a recognised board with a minimum 50% percentage.
- Some universities and colleges conduct BBA entrance exams for BBA admissions. These exams assess students' aptitude in areas such as English language skills, quantitative ability, logical reasoning, and general knowledge.
- A BBA degree provides a solid foundation for various career paths in the business world. Graduates can seek entry-level positions in areas such as marketing, finance, human resources, operations, consulting, entrepreneurship, and more.
- Some students also choose to pursue higher education, such as an MBA degree (Master of Business Administration) or specialised master's programs, to further enhance their knowledge and career prospects in specific areas of business.
- The full form of BCA is Bachelor of Computer Application and is a three-year undergraduate program focusing on computer science and its applications.
- During the BCA course, students learn about various aspects of computer science and information technology.
- The curriculum typically includes subjects like programming languages (such as C, C++, and Java), database management systems, computer networks, software engineering, web development, data structures, algorithms, and computer architecture.
- Students must meet the minimum percentage requirement set by the respective institution, which is typically around 50%-60% aggregate marks.
- Some universities or colleges may conduct entrance examinations for admission to their BCA programs. However, many institutes offer direct admission based on merit.
- After completing a BCA degree, students have several career options. They can pursue roles such as software developer, web developer, database administrator, network administrator, and IT consultant in various industries like IT companies, software development firms, e-commerce companies, banks, government organizations, and more.
- Additionally, some graduates choose to pursue higher education, such as MCA (Master of Computer Applications), to enhance their knowledge and career prospects.
As we reach the final pages of this guide, we hope you have found clarity and inspiration in the number of courses that await you after the completion of your 12th grade. This journey has been about uncovering your passions, exploring your interests, and discovering the multitude of paths that can lead you towards a fulfilling and successful future.
With Sunstone, students can learn occupational skills with the help of training courses. Students are benefited from 70+ training sessions from expert guest faculty (ex-IIMs, IITs). Along with this, students can get hands-on experience from capstone projects, which can help secure job offers.
FAQs - Courses to Pursue After 12th: A Complete Guide
Which course pays the highest after the 12th?
B.Tech in CSE is one of the courses paying highest after 12th.
Which course is easy to pursue after the 12th?
Courses related to commerce are relatively easy than engineering courses.
What is the scope of a BBA in Marketing?
The scope of a BBA in Marketing is very bright since the opportunities are a lot more for marketing professionals.