5800 students unlocked their dream jobs with UG/PG programs in top colleges. Apply Now!
Are you wondering, ‘which career path to take after 12th grade? What course should I pursue? What college should I enrol in’, these are bur a handful of questions that usually perplex students when they are about to graduate from their 12th class.
While some may have already given it a thought, there still might be a lot of ambiguity for many others. As we know that some courses are specially meant for science students, some only commerce and some only arts and there are very few courses that can be pursued by pupils of all three disciplines. Moreover, not everyone has an inclination to go for medicine or engineering or CA/CS or even B.COM. However, what about these students who want to carve a different path for themselves? The answer is... a BBA or Bachelors in Business Administration.
What is BBA?
A bachelor's degree in business administration is one of the most sought-after degrees by young, aspiring managers. This course has a lot of promise and can lead to rewarding professions in management. Most premier management institutes in the country now offer the BBA degree. This course, much like an MBA, offers various specialisations, determining the field in which you can pursue a management career. For example, if you choose Human Resources as your specialisation during your BBA, you can work in a company's human resources department or pursue an MBA in human resources or even make the switch to the Learning & Development department.
As a result, what you pick now is critical not only for your future education, if you so desire, but also for your career. So, let’s dive deep into
Eligibility – who can pursue a Bachelors in Business Administration?
The qualifying criteria for admission into a BBA course may differ for institutes and universities. It might be a direct admission procedure or a merit-based entrance procedure. However, most of the institutes/universities require a candidate to have at least 45-55% aggregate marks in the 12th class (for any stream – science, commerce or arts).
The admission procedure at reputable institutes is recognised to be merit-based. The marks earned by students in their board exams and/or applicable entrance exams are taken into account in this system. Also taken into consideration are the interviews and group discussions. Seats are assigned to worthy candidates based on their merit scores.
What Specialisations to choose in BBA?
A BBA course may include basic subjects as well as a specific business speciality of your choice. Some of the specialisations are:
- Accounting - A specialisation in accounting is aimed at preparing students to assist organisations in making successful financial choices with a concentration on accounting concepts and regulatory legislation while remaining compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Entrepreneurship - An entrepreneurship specialisation focuses on coming up with a business and helping it grow, with an in-depth study of entrepreneurial fundamentals, as well as the development of effective managerial skills.
- Business Administration - BBA in Business Administration is designed for students who desire to work in business administration and management. This course teaches you the foundations and principles of business administration that may be applied to a variety of enterprises. With this course, you will be able to enter the management side of a firm, where you will have a strong potential for compensation and advancement.
- International Business - In today's globalised world, specialising in International Business as part of your BBA makes a lot of sense. This course will allow you to work in MNCs or open doors for you to work abroad. This course is all about doing business globally, international commerce, taxation, and accounting rules.
With a BBA in International Business, you will be a sought-after candidate in international corporations and foreign firms.
- Finance – This specialisation is designed for individuals who have an aptitude for numbers as well as strong analytical and reasoning abilities. The finance department is one of the most important departments of any organization, and obtaining an administrative position in it would be excellent for your career advancement.
Financial-related positions are one of the most well-paying profiles, and many finance professionals earn the necessary expertise and extra credentials to use it as a launchpad for their own consulting and counselling firms.
- Human resources - One of the most popular specialisations is a BBA in Human Resources. HR is an important aspect of every sector since they guarantee that the firm works smoothly and that the employees are satisfied. HR is responsible for maintaining the organisational structure and serving as a liaison between employees and management.
A BBA in Human Resources will land you a position in middle management. You have the option of working as a recruiter or a generalist. Your income is determined by the firm and industry in which you work, however, most HR professionals earn a comfortable living with decent benefits and prospects for advancement.
- Marketing - Most businesses sell items or provide services, and in order to do so, they must promote them. This is the responsibility of the marketing department. BBA in Marketing will land you an executive-level position in the marketing department. A great career in marketing is dependent on one’s strong people skills as well as sales capabilities. It requires a lot of creativity and understanding of the customers to run successful marketing campaigns for any organization, and if you feel that you ca\have both these qualities then this specialisation is for you. This is a position that demands you to work both on and off the field. Marketing executives enjoy various perks and advantages in addition to handsome compensations.
The type of specialisation you choose under the BBA program depends entirely on your interests and career goals.
Why do you need a BBA?
For a strong foundation
Given the popularity of an MBA, one should undoubtedly pursue a BBA to increase their chances of admission to a reputable business school. The three-year curriculum lays the groundwork for basic principles of business and management. One may learn a lot about areas like business law, computers, accounting principles, and so on, which will provide a solid foundation for MBA candidates
Superb career prospects
BBA graduates are in great demand by corporations, where they can advance to management positions. Graduates of business administration can also pick from a variety of roles in a firm, such as business manager, project manager, human resource manager, sales representative, banking, advertising, and so on. Companies also hire fresh graduates as trainees and then retain them based on their performances.
Study a Variety of Subjects
Marketing, Organizational Behavior, Strategic Management, Information Technology, Accounting, and Human Resource Management are the key disciplines you will study as a BBA graduate. Your Bachelor's degree program will assist you in developing a theoretical foundation as well as practical understanding through experiments and projects. With so much understanding in various subjects, you will be able to effortlessly pick your specialised course while studying for an MBA.
Improve your management abilities
A BBA education not only improves your communication abilities, but it also improves your business and managerial capabilities, which is one of the most crucial prerequisites for a business management graduate. Students can gain management perspectives as well as entrepreneurial capabilities while studying for a BBA.
With the development of the Indian market, enterprises are growing in size, while startups are being formed at a quick pace. These large corporations or startups are looking for someone with strong business acumen and great interpersonal abilities. BBA graduates with these capabilities will have an easy time finding amazing positions and joining teams in operations, marketing, core business, sales, or strategy.
Expansion of academic and professional networks
Aside from the guidance you receive from teachers in a good institute, you will also get the opportunity to meet fellow students from all fields of business and academia. This implies that you will be able to develop and learn from their experiences, as well as vice versa. Their encounters and insights might give a much-needed professional boost or possibly long-term alliances with several lucrative projects.
A BBA course can help you improve your leadership abilities. You may grasp business theories and frameworks while also developing an entrepreneurial attitude. However, business is a very competitive sector. To be noticed by business leaders, you must first be a leader. A BBA course can assist you in developing these talents. You study not just the principles of business, but also how to manage and encourage others, communicate effectively, and think critically.
Skills Required for BBA
- Analytical thinking
- Time management
Top BBA Entrance Exams
- DU JAT
- AIMA UGAT
- IPM Aptitude Test
- NMIMS NMAT
Job opportunities in BBA
Job profiles to opt for after BBA are as follows:
- Human Resource Executive: Planning strategies and overseeing activities such as enrollment and salary is the responsibility of an HR Executive.
- Marketing Executive: A Marketing Executive is responsible for the promotion of the organisation’s products and ensuring the product or services are brought to the public effectively.
- Marketing Manager: A Marketing Manager oversees the overall functioning of the Marketing department and plans campaigns for every product and service.
- Sales Executive: The Sales Executive has to increase the sales and ensure that the marketed products are bought by customers.
- Research and Development (R&D) Executive: An R&D Manager manages the development & research programmes of a company.
Salary offered to BBA Graduates
|Job Profile||Salary (Per Annum)|
|HR Executive||Rs 3.75 lakh|
|Marketing Executive||Rs 2.91 lakh|
|Marketing Manager||Rs 6.84 lakh|
|Sales Executive||Rs 2.44 lakh|
|Entrepreneur||Rs 7.44 lakh|
|Financial Advisor||Rs 3.83 lakh|
|Public Relations Manager||Rs 5.21 lakh|
Top Recruiters for BBA
|List of Top Recruiters for BBA Graduates|
|Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)||Hindustan Unilever|
|International Business Machines (IBM) Corp||Ernst & Young (EY)|
|Microsoft||Mc Kinsey and Company|
Choosing the right course after class 12th presents several challenges. This decision holds so much importance because it charts out a future career course for you. Therefore, it is important for you to understand the demands and prospects of a particular course.
When it comes to management aspirants in India, Bachelor of Business Administration, or BBA, is one of the most well-known undergraduate management courses, especially for those interested in pursuing an MBA in the future. By enrolling in a BBA program, you may realise your ambition of becoming an important part of a management team in an MNC or corporation.
You May Read Also