MBA has been one of the most sought-after PG courses by Indian students. And rightly so! It offers a great career opportunity, not only for young students but also for experienced professionals. So, if you have just finished your graduation and are considering MBA for your qualification enhancement, you may find this blog helpful.
Now, just going for an MBA may not do much help. You have to choose the best stream for MBA in India or in various global universities for your MBA specialisations based on your preference, likes and professional goals.
Let us look at some of the best MBA specialisations in the world.
Top MBA Specialisations for You
It is crucial that you consider your professional development and career goals before choosing an MBA specialisation. If you have clarity in your career path, finding the right specialisation is much easier.
To give you an idea, here are the top MBA specialisations that are the most popular and in-demand across the world.
MBA in Finance
If finance is your forte, getting an MBA in Finance might help you create an excellent career path. In MBA in finance, you will learn various subjects like costing, budgeting, International Finance, Capital Management, etc.
Finance is one of the top MBA specialisations because it offers great job opportunities in the domestic and international markets.
- Top Recruiters: Amazon, Apple, Deloitte, PwC, EY, Morgan Stanley, and many others.
- Average Package: ₹7 lakhs per annum.
- Highest Package: ₹27 lakhs per annum.
MBA in Marketing
One of the most common MBA specialisations is Marketing. It is a dynamic, competitive subject that helps a student form an understanding of the market, consumer behaviour, advertising, and other important fields.
This is probably one of the best MBA courses in demand for the ample opportunities it provides. The prerequisites for candidates are excellent communication skills, resource mobilisation skills, and a hunger to excel in marketing.
- Top Recruiters: McKinsey and Company, Boston Consulting Group, Amazon, Apple, Tata Motors, PwC, Morgan Stanley, Reliance Industries, Standard Chartered, and many others.
- Average Package: ₹4.5 lakhs per annum.
- Highest Package: ₹83 lakhs per annum.
MBA in Business Analytics
With the growing demand for big data professionals, the importance of MBA specialisations in Business Analytics has skyrocketed. After doing MBA in Business Analysis, your role will be to provide data-driven recommendations to bridge the gap between business and information technology.
Without having a deep understanding of business and statistics, data, and computer science, it is difficult to become a business analyst. So, if you have strong analytical skills and a command of statistical techniques and information system software, you can go for an MBA in Business Analytics.
- Top Recruiters: Mu Sigma, AbsoluteData, Reliance Industries, Havells, P&G, Google, Amazon, KPMG, and many others, like banks and FMCG companies.
- Average Package: ₹5.5 lakhs per annum.
- Highest Package: ₹20 lakhs per annum.
MBA in Human Resource
MBA in HR or Human Resources trains students in mergers and acquisitions and international leadership, labour markets, diversity, and emerging economics. Good communication skills, social skills, and a nice personality are some of the key prerequisites for the MBA in HR. Once you complete your degree, you will join companies in their HR department.
- Top Recruiters: Almost all companies recruit HR professionals.
- Average Package: ₹3.5 lakhs per annum.
- Highest Package: ₹22 lakhs per annum.
MBA in Supply Chain Management
While choosing an MBA specialisation, students pay attention to the placement opportunity and career growth. And in those fields, people who have done MBA in Supply Chain Management have excelled quite a lot.
This specialisation in Supply Chain Management includes inventory management, warehousing, and transportation of various materials as required by a client or a company.
- Top Recruiters: All big companies recruit supply chain management experts. Process-heavy companies, particularly the ones in manufacturing and distribution, are some of the top recruiters.
- Average Package: ₹9.3 lakhs per annum.
- Highest Package: ₹15 lakhs per annum.
MBA in Operations
Operations are essential to all businesses, which is why an MBA in Operations is one of the top MBA specialisations. Doing a specialisation in Operations helps you understand production management. You learn to develop vendors and inter-departmental relationships and learn how process flows are maintained. Most engineering graduates choose MBA in Operations as it gives them an advantage over others in product development, design, and process optimisation.
- Top Recruiters: All big companies, including e-commerce giants like Flipkart, Amazon, eBay, Walmart, etc.
- Average Package: ₹6.5 lakhs per annum.
- Highest Package: ₹18 lakhs per annum.
MBA in International Business
Those looking for a career in international operations in international marketing, import-export laws, finance, etc., will find an MBA in International Business helpful.
This specialisation gives an in-depth understanding of organisational competencies. Unlike other MBA degrees, it focuses on the specialisation from day one.
- Top Recruiters: Amazon, Godrej, Britannia, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, ICICI, HP, Wipro Technologies, Royal Enfield, and many others.
- Average Package: ₹3.8 lakhs per annum.
- Highest Package: ₹12.6 lakhs per annum.
MBA in Information Technology
MBA in IT is designed to develop potential managers who efficiently manage the design, planning, selection, implementation, usage, and administration of information and communications technologies.
To get an MBA in IT, one must know the IT industry. Graduates in the specialisation can expect to be placed as managers (if they have prior work experience) or sales executives.
- Top Recruiters: TCS, Wipro Technologies, Infosys, IBM, Capgemini, Accenture, Standard Chartered, Facebook, Google, Amazon, and many others.
- Average Package: ₹2 lakhs to ₹10.8 lakhs per annum.
- Highest Package: ₹14.9 lakhs per annum.
MBA in Health Care Management
Healthcare is one of the best streams for an MBA in India. It covers core business skills and practices in the healthcare industry, and since India is a booming market for big hospitals and healthcare conglomerates, MBA graduates with specialisation in Healthcare have ample scope.
One of the top MBA specialisations, this stream focuses on solving particular issues with hospital administration, medical practice managers, insurance-company executives, etc.
- Top Recruiters: All big and medium-sized hospitals in India and abroad.
- Average Package: ₹3 lakhs to ₹5 lakhs per annum.
- Highest Package: It depends on the designation and job role.
Choosing an MBA specialisation that matches your aptitude, likes, and preferred career path can be very challenging, but we hope this article helps you. However, another hurdle Masters of Business Administration aspirants must conquer is finding the right MBA college.
In this regard, we suggest you sign up with Sunstone. It offers the Sunstone Edge benefit - fee payment support, industry-specific internships, and training and soft skill development - in more than 50 colleges across 30 Indian cities and offers dedicated placement assistance.
FAQ - MBA Streams in the World
Which MBA stream has the highest package?
According to many payscale and job search websites, MBA in Finance, IT Management, Sales, and Marketing fetch the highest packages in India.
Which MBA is best in the world?
There is no single stream of specialisation that can top all others. It depends on the business. However, MBAs in Financial Management, Sales and Marketing, IT Management, and Data Analysis are regarded as some of the best MBA specialisations in the world.
- Which MBA is most in demand?
MBA in Data Analysis, Business Analysis, Digital Marketing, and Supply Chain Management are a few of the in-demand MBA specialisations.